What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8,903 at Aussie

Enoughsaid

Juniors
Aussie stadium has no decent cover from the rain
game was live on fox
fathers day

I can see why there was 8000 there

Snappy Tom

Juniors
Renowned League Expert said:
Frankly, I can't understand why anyone would attend the match. Neither team had anything to play for, and it was cold and wet.

How desperate would you have to be to fill in an afternoon?

Very, very typical fair weather Tri colours fan.

A local junior, thier only local junior plays 300 odd games for the club, stays loyal to the club and it's fans and this is the attitude he gets in return.

Your not a fan of the roosters, your just another one to jump on the bandwagon.

No worries Renowned Fairweather Fan, the Swans will be playing next week at the SCG, get behind them now they are in the finals.

I dont know whats worse with the Roosters, the club stealing players from other clubs, or it's fairweathered fans.

Snappy Tom

Juniors
OVP said:
The Roosters fans being paid out by a wanker who names himself after f**king Cat Food is water off a duck's back. Some of us have Fathers who dont like Football, tard. There is more to life than a game of footy you know. Moron.

Thanks, I have been waiting for the excuses to come rolling in.

Maybe you can take Pop to the Swans semi final

Snappy Tom said:
Thanks, I have been waiting for the excuses to come rolling in.

Maybe you can take Pop the the Swans Semi final

Worse still......to the rugby yawnion as they are looking to recruit eastern suburbs wankers to go along with the Northshore ones. They will even dress them up in yellow. yipeeee

Snappy Tom said:
Very, very typical fair weather Tri colours fan.

A local junior, thier only local junior plays 300 odd games for the club, stays loyal to the club and it's fans and this is the attitude he gets in return.

Your not a fan of the roosters, your just another one to jump on the bandwagon.

No worries Renowned Fairweather Fan, the Swans will be playing next week at the SCG, get behind them now they are in the finals.

I dont know whats worse with the Roosters, the club stealing players from other clubs, or it's fairweathered fans.

I've been a Roosters supporter since 1976, when I was seven. I've seen more bad times than you've had hot dinners. You're right, fairweather fans come and go but, ultimately, so what?

You have to understand that times change. You can watch every game on TV, now. You're stuck in the past. Someone who watches on TV is no less a fan than someone who attends the game. Support is multi-facted. It's not always about sitting out there at the game. Hearing opposition fans screaming "Get 'em onside!" seventy-five times a game is not everyone's idea of fun.

Frankly, I'm always amazed at how many people attend the games. To think that for fifty years Easts have averaged 11,000 people to every home game. It's incredible when you think about it.

I think you take it all a little bit too seriously and get yourself all worked up over something that really doesn't mean much; not when you put it in perspective and look at what's happening in, say, New Orleans or Iraq.

The purpose of sport, and the reason sponsors are willing to pay for it, is to divert people's atention away from things that really matter. Having said that, I'm as much a sport junkie as anyone! Crazy!

Snappy Tom

Juniors
Jake the snake said:
Worse still......to the rugby yawnion as they are looking to recruit eastern suburbs wankers to go along with the Northshore ones. They will even dress them up in yellow. yipeeee

Jake, they will not be on the union wagon yet.

The Wallabies lost 5 game in the row. They will need to win a World cup, Tri nations, etc before these fools jump on the bandwagon.

The Sydney Swifts are in the netball finals. Maybe they were down there with pom poms in hand. ;-)

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
RiotAct said:
well, as much as the real rooster fans wont admit it, Roosters = bandwagon fan magnet

Mate, there was barely 200 Bulldogs fans there today.. They are the real bandwagon supporters. I remember back around 2000-2001, you were getting 6000 to games at Homebush, which even then the attendance figures were suggested to be bumped up by a couple thousand.. What's that about glass houses..

Snappy Tom

Juniors
I've been a Roosters supporter since 1976, when I was seven. I've seen more bad times than you've had hot dinners. You're right, fairweather fans come and go but, ultimately, so what?

You have to understand that times change. You can watch every game on TV, now. You're stuck in the past. Someone who watches on TV is no less a fan than someone who attends the game. Support is multi-facted. It's not always about sitting out there at the game. Hearing opposition fans screaming "Get 'em onside!" seventy-five times a game is not everyone's idea of fun.

Frankly, I'm always amazed at how many people attend the games. To think that for fifty years Easts have averaged 11,000 people to every home game. It's incredible when you think about it.

I think you take it all a little bit too seriously and get yourself all worked up over something that really doesn't mean much; not when you put it in perspective and look at what's happening in, say, New Orleans or Iraq.

The purpose of sport, and the reason sponsors are willing to pay for it, is to divert people's atention away from things that really matter. Having said that, I'm as much a sport junkie as anyone! Crazy!

Buddy tell someone that cares.

The fact is 8000 (more like 3000) odd thousand fans got out today to say goodbye to a modern day legend, a local Roosters Junior who played 300 odd games for the club, played SOO and wore the green and gold.

That is a disgrace and proves and the majority are fair weather fans.

Snappy Tom said:
Jake, they will not be on the union wagon yet.

The Wallabies lost 5 game in the row. They will need to win a World cup, Tri nations, etc before these fools jump on the bandwagon.

The Sydney Swifts are in the netball finals. Maybe they were down there with pom poms in hand. ;-)

:lol:

ouwet

Bench
Went to the Canterbury-Bankstown Junior RL Grand Finals at Belmore Sports Ground (Pretty good crowd was on hand too)... Atleast these kids played with heart and passion... The Bulldogs have been disgraceful, Bulldogs losing i can take but when they don't want to be there and play without heart, i would rather support the kids at the Junior RL GF. Wasted my money at the Souths, Knights, Eels, Tigers and Panthers game in the last 5 or so weeks... I wasn't going to waste it today! I don't give a sh*t if we come last i would still go watch the Mighty Bulldogs if they play with pride and heart and don't disgrace the jersey... And they have disgraced the jersey over the last 6 weeks! And for Steve Folkes to say after the game, he wished the season ended in round 20... Did they have a plan to not play after that???

Snappy Tom said:
Buddy tell someone that cares.

The fact is 8000 (more like 3000) odd thousand fans got out today to say goodbye to a modern day legend, a local Roosters Junior who played 300 odd games for the club, played SOO and wore the green and gold.

That is a disgrace and proves and the majority are fair weather fans.

Did you hear anything I said?

It's not a disgrace. The invasion of Iraq is a disgrace. 40 million Americans without any healthcare is a disgrace. 25,000 people dying daily of malnutrition is a disgrace. There are many things in the world that do qualify as disgraceful, but the amount of people at a game of football can never be a disgrace. It's just not that important. At best you could say it was "disappointing" -- but compared to what?

As an aside, the same Luke Ricketson who is bagged from pillar to post on this forum ... is now a "modern day legend".

Come on ...

Snappy Tom

Juniors
LebaneseForces said:
Went to the Canterbury-Bankstown Junior RL Grand Finals at Belmore Sports Ground (Pretty good crowd was on hand too)... Atleast these kids played with heart and passion... The Bulldogs have been disgraceful, Bulldogs losing i can take but when they don't want to be there and without heart, i would rather support the kids at the Junior RL GF.

Good to see you getting out and supporting the junior rugby league. :)

Pity the Roosters fans cant use that as an excuse. :lol:

Snappy Tom

Juniors

It's not a disgrace. The invasion of Iraq is a disgrace. 40 million Americans without any healthcare is a disgrace. 25,000 people dying daily of malnutrition is a disgrace. There are many things in the world that do qualify as disgraceful, but the amount of people at a game of football can never be a disgrace. It's just not that important. At best you could say it was "disappointing" -- but compared to what?

As an aside, the same Luke Ricketson who is bagged from pillar to post on this forum ... is now a "modern day legend".

Come on ...

I dont care what you said, I am pointing out the facts about you and a few of you mates, around 7,000 of you going by the averages this year and the crowd today.

Snappy Tom said:
I dont care what you said, I am pointing out the facts about you and a few of you mates, around 7,000 of you going by the averages this year and the crowd today.

Tom, let me give you the tip -- don't let it worry you!

Anyway, I'm off to bed. I'll see you around the traps.

ucantseeme

Juniors
If Manly lost to Canberra the night before the crowd would have been double but since this game had no bearing on the top 8 or the spoon they didnt draw a big crowd.

Who here enjoys watching a dead rubber?

hrundi99

First Grade

Come on ...

I'm sure we'll all keep that it mind next time you want to bitch about Canberra's crowds or anything else for that matter that relates to the implied triviality of sport.

scottyeel said:
I dunno, maybe to watch their team play for the last time this year.

Your right and as much as I hate the Roosters and Ricko its a bit sad that Melbourne could farewell some of there long time hero's in Kearns and Orford with a crowd of about 13,14k.

And people want to kick the Storm out pfffffffftttttt.

Rexxy

Coach
After retiring, I'm glad Ricko has some spare time now.

He can help his girlfriend with her homework.

Latest posts