What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

9 Perth showing Sunday League!!!

Dragonwest

Juniors
Big step forward for us poor guys in the west. 2pm Titans v Saints to be shown. I cant remember how long its been since 9 has done so. Maybe not since the death of the reds!!!! Obviously the sale of perth back to the network is gona help :D No more getting sh*tty when saints play 9 games on a sunday!!!!! Big steps forward this w.e with melbourne ratings, now just to get rid of eddie!

Brutus

Referee
Great news. They should show league every Sunday afternoon in Perth. It's not like 2pm is a massive ratings period anyway.

If Brisbane and Sydney people can cop live AFL/VFL virtually every Saturday afternoon for the last 30 years then Perth can get used to a little bit of league on a Sunday afternoon.

yakstorm

First Grade
WA is 2 hours behind NSW and Victoria all year round since introducing Day Light saving last year, so 2pm over in Perth is 4pm in Sydney.

So in short, the people of Perth are seeing the game at the same time as those in Sydney.

yakstorm

First Grade
Sunday TV Coverage:
Queensland - 4pm
Sydney - 4pm
Victoria - 11pm
South Australia - 1:50am
Western Australia - 2pm
Northern Territory - 2:30pm
Tasmania - 11:30pm

4 out of 7 with decent coverage....

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm flabagasted! This has come right out of the blue. Excellent news and I hope it long continues!:crazy:

perth sharkie

Juniors
Perth Red said:
I'm flabagasted! This has come right out of the blue. Excellent news and I hope it long continues!:crazy:

My sentiments exactly. Glad that Channel 9 has been bought out by PBL instead of being owned by that anti-RL feminista bitch!

Nuke

Staff member
I can't believe it!!! This is INCREDIBLE!!! I am over the moon, but will remain to house doubts until I see it start at about 2pm!

Let's hope this continues throughout the entire season.

And to backup what DragonWest said, yes this is the first Sunday afternoon football coverage since the end of the 1995 season. The only exceptions to this are the current Beach Footy comp, and the Grand Finals up until (and including) the 2000 Grand Final.

Ice777

Bench
Great news for Perth fans. The earliest we'll get the game here is 6pm on Foxtel otherwise it'll be on a 1.50am tomorrow morning. In place of the game today we have a movie at 1.30 called Finding Buck Henry and following that at 3pm another Joan of Arcadia. Both ratings smash hits if i've ever seen one :sarcasm:

Lowdown

Juniors
Yeah - Melbourne viewers are in for a treat as mentioned above:

Joan of Arcadia and Gilmore Girls. Obviously Channel 9's answer to blowing Ten's Grand Prix coverage out of the water...'shock n awe' style

Latest posts