What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

94: LU Arsenal Brigade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deacon

First Grade
Macca_ said:
Henry out of Bolton game with neck injury.

Go on Wenger, throw Baptista in!

neck injury pfffffffft wat he do strain it getting outa bed, I think theyll struggle tonight now without him and their recent record away to Bolton is poor, so Bolton in my multi :p

Macca_

Coach
And Bol(anti-football)tons form is awesome too...

I actually think we'll play better without Henry tonight. He's been so out of form, basically getting in the way. One of, maybe both Walcott or Baptista will most likely start and that'll freshen things up for us. A shame Van Persie is suspended, but that opens the door for those guys to come in. Can see Theo opening his EPL account in this...

We're due a good game at the Reebok too.

And watch out for Boltons tactics. Lets se who can guess what Big Sam has install for us... I reckon -

* Hack the cr*p out of them
* Bore the cr*p out of them with the long ball
* Play for as many set pieces as we can

Just for something different hey Sammy...

Macca_

Coach
Well nothing new from Bolton. Geez they're a bunch of hackers. Worst thing about it is we have a ref who's prepared to let them go with it. And how he only booked Davies for his violent conduct is beyond me, that's a red every time, you can't do it.

Anyways, garbage half! Absolute disgraceful marking by Toure for the opening goal. We'd started brightly, especially down the flank with Theo looking dangerous. We know all they have is set pieces, yet we let Faye stroll in unmarked at the front post to once again go 1-0 down.

Worked back into it after that. Clichy is starting to get it together after being out for some time. He's made a few nice runs down the left. Need to get Theo into it more, he is troubling them with his pace and width.

Lehmann hasn't been troubled that much except for a whinge at the ref and picking it out of the net twice. Nothing could be done about Sulky's goal. Was the one bit of talent on show from the opposition. Top drawer strike.

Good get back right on half time with Fabregas crossing for Gilberto to head home from a well timed run.

Couple of missed chances by Adebayor and Ljungberg who hit it straight at Jaaskelainen. Couple of feet either side and it's 2 goals. I think we're missing what Van Persie brings to the team. Good runs off the ball and offers a shooting threat from around the box which would cause Bolton some problems off the ball.

These young guys have gotta start dishing some of what they get against hack teams like Bolton. We know Wenger will let it sit for a bit, but I'd get Baptista on for Flamini to add some power down the middle. Other change would be Hleb for Ljungberg. Freddie gives you some fight and ticker, but he's still not 100% match fit. And he's on a yellow.

Have to be next on the score sheet. A loss isn't the end of the world, but for such a young team it would be a big lift for them to come from 2 down and get something from the match. If we get it level, we're a big show to go on with it. Just have to take our chances, they will come!!! And watch out for the long ball, it's all they have.

Macca_

Coach
Cutting them to bits now! Where was this in the first half.

Brilliant save to deny Fabregas. Then Freddi hit the bar with a header and Toure should have done better with his finish. Then Walcotts goal bound shot deflects over. All that in 12 minutes.

C'mon lads, put away the chances!!!

Macca_

Coach
Well ain't that a bitch. Long ball over the top, Sulky who was offside (just) scores.

We'd been dominating it. Lacking that killer punch this season and also a bit of luck in front of goal.

Plenty of effort in this second half and plenty of promise of whats to come from this group. Not quiet up to the top 2 yet.

Macca_

Coach
:lol: definately not our day. Adebayor cracks the bar this time.

Credit to Bolton on the 3 points, scoreline flatters them though. This one could have been oh so different which is the story of our season. Just have to ride it out. Plenty to like about the group we got together.

Macca_

Coach
FT 1-3.

Key points -

* Once again the better team
* Missed chances and no luck
* Hit the post 3 times
* Jaaskelainen with a couple of great saves
* Theo is going to be a great player
* Conceding first is killing us
* Ref watch - should have sent Davies off in the first half. Anelka goal from offside

All said and done, it could have been so different. Had we taken that early chance from Adebayor and played in front... Had the woodwork not been hit 3 times... Our marking on their goals could have been better... They got a couple of lucky calls (Davies and Anelka)... That final ball and finish just not clicking...

Frustrated again. Not dissapointed, but frustrated. It's there but not quite happening for us. To be honest it's been about the Cups since the first day and making sure we finish top 4 for the CL again. The hope was there to go with Chelsea and Man Utd, but we lack the consistancy at this stage. Such a young side with so much talent and potential though. Just frustrating waiting for it all to come together.

Macca_

Coach
novacastrian_panther said:
oh and you forgot the major point that we wont win the premiership this year.
I did say - "To be honest it's been about the Cups since the first day and making sure we finish top 4 for the CL again."

Macca_

Coach
Feelin Hornby said:
oh yesssssssss the scummers record at the reebok continues and $3.55 boom
Certainly been a while since we've won there.

Spud fans would know about long stints between winning something I spose :D

On the punt, I missed out with Villa and Everton. Both game away 1-0 leads.

Had the other games - goals under in the Fulham/Reading game, goals over in the Bolton/Arsenal game, Liverpool, West Ham the draw Vill vs Boro. Dammit!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Macca_ said:
And Bol(anti-football)tons form is awesome too...

I actually think we'll play better without Henry tonight. He's been so out of form, basically getting in the way. One of, maybe both Walcott or Baptista will most likely start and that'll freshen things up for us. A shame Van Persie is suspended, but that opens the door for those guys to come in. Can see Theo opening his EPL account in this...

We're due a good game at the Reebok too.

And watch out for Boltons tactics. Lets se who can guess what Big Sam has install for us... I reckon -

* Hack the cr*p out of them
* Bore the cr*p out of them with the long ball
* Play for as many set pieces as we can

Just for something different hey Sammy...

his long ball was pretty good Macca_

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Honestly, is it just me, or do opposition keepers save all of their best performances for us, and are we constantly on the receiving end of brilliant goals from opposition players who won't repeat the dose against anyone else all season?

I can't remember the last time I saw us get outplayed but we just can't take a trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts