What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

94: LU Arsenal Brigade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca_

Coach
Yeah they've been all over us :lol:

An amazing 47% of the possession for Chelsea. And don't forget the amazing shot count of 7-5 Chelseas way (3-2 on target). Dominating and should be up by 2 or 3 the homeside.

:lol:

Macca_

Coach
Talk about mountians out of mole hills :lol:

Lehmann gives Drogba a nudge in the back as he runs out of the box, he falls like he was shot, then comes back, nudges Lehmann who was hit by the same snipper. Both booked, lets get on with the game lads :lol:

Macca_

Coach
FT - 1-1.

Rode our luck in the final minutes, but value for the draw. Nearly nicked it like at Old Trafford, but for a top drawer goal.

Gilberto, Adebayor and Fabregas were real stand outs, but most of the guys had a good game.

On that kind of form, 3rd place should be ours. Building well.

ocko

juniors
amazing goal from essien

lots of tension and drama late

man u the big winner out of this one

Macca_

Coach
Macca_ said:
On that kind of form, 3rd place should be ours. Building well.
Take into account we can throw Gallas, Rosicky, Henry and Toure back in when back from injury/suspension, Baptista adapting, Walcott improving...

Just have to find that consistancy we did after xmas last season.

Macca_

Coach
Good stuff, Wigan game is live on Fox Thursday morning (6.30am), and the Pompey game is live on Sunday morning (2am).

MONY

Juniors
Macca_ said:
Good stuff, Wigan game is live on Fox Thursday morning (6.30am), and the Pompey game is live on Sunday morning (2am).

The Wigan game is the catch up one correct. I might be able to catch the last 15 - 20 minutes at work.

Macca_

Coach
Yeah it's the catch up game.

Think Chelsea play at home to Newcastle the same morning so was thinking it may have been the fox game.

KO will be 7am.

Phillips

Referee
i lost all respect for ashley cole when he came out dissing his former team mates, that was low.

Macca_

Coach
He certainly showed his true colours the way it all went down. I read that the book is doing p*ss poor sale wise.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
I loved the moment Lehmann, who has been one of the biggest advocates of keepers getting more protection from the big, nasty opposition players, came out and drove his knee straight into Shevchenko's back. Certainly no hypocracy there.

Anyway, 1-1 was a good score for us. An Arsenal victory would've been even better, but Essiens screamer got Chelsea a well-deserved point. So we've now got effectively a 5 point lead over Chelsea (I can't see Newcastle getting anything from them in their catch-up game).

Macca_

Coach
Mad Dogg said:
I loved the moment Lehmann, who has been one of the biggest advocates of keepers getting more protection from the big, nasty opposition players, came out and drove his knee straight into Shevchenko's back. Certainly no hypocracy there.
To be fair though mate, all keepers lead that way when claiming a high ball. It's the only way they can protect themselves, the rules allow for it and I don't know a keeper who doesn't go up like that. There's no intent there at all. He was climbing high to catch the ball and the knee comes up providing protection. Keepers are taught to take the high ball that way too.

Phillips

Referee
Shevchenko has been pathetic, Chelsea would have been better keeping Hassielbaink, Gudjohnson or Crespo

Macca_

Coach
novacastrian_panther said:
Blooooooooody hell!
Ain't that the truth!

The team from last night - Lehmann 37, Eboue 23, Senderos 21, Djourou 19, Clichy 21, Hleb 25, Fabregas 19, Gilberto 30, Flamini 22, Van Persie 23 and Adebayor 21. Subs - Almunia 29, Hoyte 22, Baptista 25, Ljungberg 29 and Walcott 17.

Of the players that will come back in - Toure 25, Rosicky 26, Henry 29 and Gallas 29.

Then you look at the long term injured or the up and comers - Diaby 20, Lauren 29, Denilson 18, Song 19 and Aliadiere 23.

On-loan - Larrson 21, Connolly 19, Gilbert 19, Bendtner 18, Lupoli 19, Stokes 18 and Muamba 18.

Couple of very promising kids coming through the reserves/youths as well with the likes of Merida, Traore and Van Den Berg.

How good is that! Obviously the potential needs to be realised and trophies won, but all the makings are there for a stong team for some time to come.

Wengers 'first team' had a stint of about 6 seasons. Since the Invincibles in 04 it's been a rebuild and a new team on the horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts