What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

94: LU Arsenal Brigade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca_

Coach
Lot more work to do now. 0-2.

P*ss poor defending to half clear and Taylor with a great volley from outside the box beats Lehmann.

:x

Macca_

Coach
1-2.

Picture goal.

Great through ball from Hleb, Walcott crosses and big Ad nets.

C'mon!

Macca_

Coach
2 f**kin 2!!!

Kolo thunderbolt parried. Big Ad chips, then a scramble, Gilberto slams it home.

YEAH!!!!

Macca_

Coach
2-2 at FT.

Damn it! Did everything but get a winner after getting level. Good come back in the end, but 2 points dropped at home again. Still undefeated at Ashburton though I guess.

Macca_

Coach
In the end, we were unlucky not to win the game. Went close on so many occasions. Really turned it up in the second half.

Not even xmas yet, so table not a problem.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Am yet to see the game, will catch the replay later in the week.

Sounds like yet another scrappy performance, but the touches of gold here and there are keeping me positive!

Btw Ribery would be a f*cking top buy. Funnily enough, during my 1st season as Arsenal Manager in FIFA 07, he was my 1st purchase :D

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Macca_ said:
In the end, we were unlucky not to win the game. Went close on so many occasions. Really turned it up in the second half.

Not even xmas yet, so table not a problem.

i just thought we were lucky coming back from 2 down.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Macca_ said:
Another one of those damn games where an opposition keeper decides it would be funny to p*ss us off by saving everything. Saved twice brilliantly from Van Persie efforts and once from Fabbas long range effort.
At least you don't have a keeper in the league who turns into superman every bloody time he faces you. God only knows how many points Friedel has cost us over the last 5 seasons.

Macca_

Coach
Agree Phillips. Can't see it happening though.

Mickey Mouse Cup on Wednesday morning. Looking forward to seeing Denilson and a few of the other kids play (game is on fox at 7am). Great experience for them going to Anfield.

Got a handy xmas run on paper...

23rd - Home to Blackburn
26th - Away at Watford
30th - Away at Sheffield United
2nd - Home to Charlton

Macca_

Coach
Just looked at the match squads... Rafa was taking it seriously :lol:

Liverpool (from): Reina, Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Agger, Riise, Aurelio,
Luis Garcia, Pennant, Gerrard, Alonso, Gonzalez, Crouch, Fowler, Bellamy,
Kuyt, Dudek, Paletta, Peltier.

Either that or our kids had him worried.

Arsenal (from): Almunia, Poom, Hoyte, Lauren, Senderos, Toure,
Walcott, Song, Denilson, Randall, Traore, Aliadiere, O'Cearuill, Merida, Rosicky, Baptista.

Would imagine we'd have seen -

Almunia
Lauren, Senderos, Toure, Traore
Walcott, Song, Denilson, Rosicky
Baptista, Aliadiere

vs a full strength Liverpool side.

fat_mike

Juniors
as a reds man i have no idea why rafa was going full strength.

i read he stated he wasnts to win every competition we are entered into, fine with me but if any of the main players in the squad pull up sore from this crap comp i'll be filthy.

we aint scared of you gunners one bit macca. i shall direct you to the current premiership table. lol (leave the 3-0 at emirates out of this)

MONY

Juniors
I hate to say it but I think the reds will get us. Bellamy will get a double imo :(

fat_mike

Juniors
just looking at the pictures you can see why it was PP aswell. ref said you couldnt see either goal from the middle of the pitch.

now comes the problem of rescheduling the match.

Macca_

Coach
MONY, defeat won't mean too much in this one. It's a great experience for the younger guys. One which has aided the likes of Fabregas etc in recent seasons.

This time round we've had a trip to WBA and also to Everton. Ad to that a trip to Anfield. Great experience for them regardless of the result.

No real drama for when it's played... Will be a midweek somewhere, but the kids/reserves will have a run anyway.

Mike, that was tongue in cheek about them being scared. I reckon Rafa was sh*tting himself about facing the likes of Walcott, Aliadiere, Denilson etc :D

fat_mike

Juniors
nah rafa aint scared mate,

you blokes just makes sure your kids dont sh*t themselves when they grace the hallowed turf of anfield. lol

fat_mike

Juniors
even if we lose to the kids(talented bloody kids) we still wont be as bad as charlton who were bent over big time by wycombe this morning.

Macca_

Coach
fat_mike said:
nah rafa aint scared mate,

you blokes just makes sure your kids dont sh*t themselves when they grace the hallowed turf of anfield. lol
They handled it well at Goodison. As a scouser yourself, you'd know that Goodison is a much more daunting place to go and it's more so Hallowed Turf than Anfield :D

Status
Not open for further replies.