What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

94: LU Arsenal Brigade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumble

First Grade
Serious question here, not trolling:

Why is it that players like Wayne Bridge, John O'Shea, Jermaine Pennant etc stay at big clubs despite not playing regularly are chastised, with people saying things like "he's greedy for staying at a top club and collect his wages when he could be at a lower club playing every week", but when a player like Diarra leaves a big club to go to a team that he will get first team football in, he too is slammed for a "lack of ambition"?

RedVGooner

Juniors
well diarra left arsenal because he wanted to play every week which is understandable n plus he felt that if he stayed at arsenal n didnt play regularly then he wouldnt get picked for the france national team for EURO 2008

Bumble

First Grade
superloco10 said:
well diarra left arsenal because he wanted to play every week which is understandable n plus he felt that if he stayed at arsenal n didnt play regularly then he wouldnt get picked for the france national team for EURO 2008

Exactly...don't see how that's being a sook or lacking ambition

Just wants to play football every week.

what do you want him to do? the guy makes a living out of playing football. he wants to play regular football and he's going to get more of a chance at portsmouth than le arse. stop being bitter

Macca_

Coach
What did he expect when he left Chelsea? That it would be easier to get a start at Arsenal?

He's a sook becuase he's complained in the press about not getting game time.

The guy has talent, if he stuck it out and worked his way along he may well be a starter at some stage. With Gilberto on the way out, there is a place there for him in the squad.

Nobody is slamming him or being bitter. If a guy wants to speak out in the press it undermines his manager and opens the door for him to be called a sook. He'd have been better off going to the boss and stating his case and if not happy with the response, put in his transfer request.

Nobody questioning his ambition. Good luck to him (if he does go, nothing official as yet).

At the same time, it'll be good he's gone. Don't need players who carry on like that. Would prefer to keep the ones like Flamini who was no certainty at the beginning of the season to get much game time but he got stuck in and worked hard and is now being rewarded. He too would have been goneski if he'd have sulked in the press.

Do it the right way. Diarra hasn't.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Not a shocking loss if it happens in terms of Diarra.

I hope we keep Flamini, he has improved out of site from last year. Has a great utility value as well. I'm sure Wenger will be trying his hardest to keep him around.

bling_fc

Juniors
Bumble said:

Why is it that players like Wayne Bridge, John O'Shea, Jermaine Pennant etc stay at big clubs despite not playing regularly are chastised, with people saying things like "he's greedy for staying at a top club and collect his wages when he could be at a lower club playing every week", but when a player like Diarra leaves a big club to go to a team that he will get first team football in, he too is slammed for a "lack of ambition"?

Cause whilst those players mentioned are at those respective clubs there " Somebody "

Away from those clubs they would be a " Nobody "

Dragooner

Bench
He is a sook because the bottom line is he didn't work. He didn't put in the effort in training (according to Wenger) and performed poorly when given the chance and still demands first team football. He need to stick his head in and WORK! He does that he finds a first team spot. There's nothing wrong with wanting first team football but when you are doing next to nothing to get it and you're complaining about it you're a sook.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
if you watched the games he played in...he was far from poor. Ok he didn't have Patience but his Ambition is to play in euro 2008 and whilst staying here he wasn't going to be picked whilst just playing carling cup, fa cup and a few games of the bench in Prem....hes moved onto a team that has lost a lot of players to ACN and will be able to show his manager what hes got while they are gone ... good luck to him lots of talent but a bit to egoish should help portsmouth get a uefa cup spot

bling_fc

Juniors
Bumble said:

How are they greedy ?

If the club is dumb enough to offer them a continuation of a contract boo hiss the club

Diarra had no place to go and no one wanted him cause if that was the case he would not have walked across the road.

He knew full well that Arsenal had a glut of MF and still came over and expected to walk straight into a first team..... no chance

If he wants to go let him be, rather a divisive nobody go and ply his trade somewhere else

Macca_

Coach
Upgrade Diarra from sook to f**king tosser :lol::lol::lol:

Have a go at this!

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3057098,00.html
DIARRA JOINS POMPEY...AND ALREADY WANTS TO LEAVE
Lassana Diarra will never be a diplomat. Whereas most players commemorate their unveiling at a new club with worn-out clichés of loyalty and ambition, the midfielder marked his first day at Portsmouth by issuing what amounted to a transfer request.

Apparently disregarding the fact that in the last six months he has successfully agitated his way out of Chelski and Arsenal, Diarra snubbed convention by putting pen to paper on a three-year deal on the south coast and then immediately declaring he was ready to leave.

"The people at Portsmouth know that I will not spend my life at the club," he confirmed. "I was able to add a clause to my contract. If I shine, if a really big club wants me, I already know that everything will go well. I don't want any more battles."

With Pompey short of players due to African Nations Cup commitment and Diarra desperate to play first-team football in order to secure a starting spot for France during the forthcoming Euro 2008 championships, their marriage is one of convenience. Yet it remains to be seen just how sympathetically the Fratton Park public will regard the 22-year-old's extraordinary pronouncements.

Another curiosity of the Diarra deal is the size of it. Having been acquired from Chelski by Arsenal on the last day of the August transfer window for a fee of around £2m, the Gunners have managed to persuade Pompey to spend £5.5m despite Diarra playing less than eight hours of football over the past five months.

Oh well, good riddance! And good for us for making 3.5m in 6 months :lol:

Macca_

Coach
So Tampon is still out...

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?...+Persie+to+continue+rehabilitation+in+Holland
Van Persie to continue rehabilitation in Holland
Fulham v Arsenal
Barclays Premier League
Craven Cottage
Sat, Jan 19, 2008, 3pm
By Richard Clarke

Robin van Persie will return to the Netherlands in his bid to recover from a troublesome thigh injury.

The Dutch striker is having an unlucky season. A knee problem kept him sidelined from mid-October to mid-December. After a couple of games, he picked up his current injury. He returned for the Carling Cup Semi-Final against Tottenham 10 days ago but lasted only 45 minutes. Arsène Wenger now regrets recalling the 24-year-old so early and that is why, on this occasion, he’ll be allowing Van Persie to take his time.

“He has played only eight Premier League games this season,” said Wenger at Friday’s pre-match press conference. “But we do not think this will be a long-term problem.

“Maybe we made a mistake to play him in the Carling Cup. We wanted to rush him a little bit back after the muscular problems and were not cautious enough.

“When a player has waited for so long and is ready to play you are under pressure a bit from him as well because he feels he can play. But at the end of the day, I do not feel we made the right decision to play him on the night.”

Van Persie will spend the rest of the month back home and it is likely to be well into February before he’ll be back on first team duty.

“Robin will be out for two to three weeks,” said Wenger. “He is going to Holland as part of the treatment and rehabilitation.

“A football club is not a hospital. It is made for players who play, not for those who cannot play or are sick.

“It is very depressing for them to come in every day and see their partners going out and playing, when he cannot. Sometimes it is better to get them away for 10 days where they have a completely different environment. It makes them feel better.”

[ Friday, January 18, 2008]
Getting a little worried at him. He's had some injury concerns for a couple of seasons now. Hopefully he's not becomming one of those injury prone type players. It would be a shame and a real waste of talent.

Makes it more important that Eduardo is finding his feet!

Macca_

Coach
The lad will score again next Tuesday, I'm tellin ya.

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?...itle=Wenger+-+Walcott+will+make+it+at+Arsenal
Wenger - Walcott will make it at Arsenal
By Richard Clarke

Arsène Wenger has total faith that Theo Walcott will live up to his huge potential.

On Sunday it will be two years to the day since the winger arrived at Arsenal in a blaze of publicity. That only increased when he was chosen for England’s World Cup squad the following summer without having played for his new side.

Wenger admits that the 18-year-old is not yet ‘there’ but he is sure it will happen.

“He will get where I expect him to be,” said the Arsenal manager at his pre-match press conference. “At the moment he is not.

“But I’m not worried personally. He plays on confidence and he has qualities that will come out.

"I tried to force him to play wide but today I am convinced he will be a central player. I think that is where he will be happiest because he is direct, he has good timing for his runs and I believe he will do well.

“The shoulder injury [last season] affected him because he got into bad habits. Now he’s back, he’s had the problem on the other side but it’s not a long term problem.

“There is always a risk when you move up but I still think that the sooner you are at the top, top level the better it is. He will get a chance up front but he is not in the squad for Fulham because we play again on Tuesday.

“He is happy,” Wenger concluded. “He is not happy when he does not play and you don’t expect him to be but I believe he is on the way to getting into the team and I am confident that he can make that step.”

[ Friday, January 18, 2008]

RedVGooner

Juniors
why am i not surprised about van persie? he hasnt played much football over the last past year, its a real worry about him

and im still havin faith in walcott, really want this guy to shine

Macca_

Coach
How good was the slow Ade chant :lol:

Can't wait to hear it at a packed Emirates!

Anyway, I'm off fo a few days, catch ya when I get back.

ByRd

First Grade
Good game, dominate performance and a fully deserved victory, and big Adebayor...i love the guy and he adds another dimension with his heading ability, and that chant was awsome and it lasted for ages, will sound awsome at the emirates.

Status
Not open for further replies.