What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

94: Superthread 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Staff member
6 devil wings, 2 bux worth of chips wif extra chicken salt, and a 1.25litre Mountain Dew thanks...

Monk

Referee
fugg, i have school tomorrow.

ill get mum to get me some devil wings.

hmmm MC, whats better, Mi Goreng or Devil Wings?

DB

First Grade
This makes me lol.

Nando's pulls 'sexist' burger ad18:00 AEST Mon May 11 2009
By ninemsn staff

Portuguese fast food chain Nando's has pulled a TV commercial after complaints the ad demeans women and suggests that female breasts are "something to be eaten".

The Advertising Standards Bureau upheld a series of complaints against the ad, which featured a dim-witted blonde woman whose breasts are so large she cannot see the chips on her plate.

The ad, for the "Classic Double Breast Burger", shows the woman's cleavage bulging out of a low-cut dress as she calls over a waiter and complains that there are no chips to be seen with her meal.

The camera then peers over her shoulder and we can see why.

The ad ends with a voice over plugging a "bigger, freer, bouncier, double-breasted burger".

The advertising watchdog acknowledged the Nando's ad was meant to be tongue-in-cheek but determined that it also encouraged discrimination against women.

The bureau's chief executive Fiona Jolly said: "a significant proportion of the community would be offended and find there was an element of sexuality and objectification of women that was concerning."

Nando's was last criticised for sexist advertising in 2007. Then, an ad featuring a pole dancer gyrating in a G-string was the Advertising Standards Bureau's most complained about ad of the year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly0r59GyUjo- Thats the ad.

Monk

Referee
mmm, Classic Double Breast Burger

1223487098.jpg

i cant see my chips.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Nando's is by far the best take away food around

non greasy and very low in fat

they also make the best chili sauce

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Nando's is by far the best take away food around

non greasy and very low in fat

they also make the best chili sauce

Apey

Staff member
Lol 4C episode must have made GKD happy, plenty of opportunities..

Status
Not open for further replies.