What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

94: Superthread 8 I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Eelementary said:
True.

By the way - how did Fui play?

I managed to catch the entire second half, and he seemed to be back at his barnstorming best. Did he start or come off the bench?

FUI is getting there, he trampled a few, ran good lines and at holes.., what he does is attract 4 defenders everytime, so the dogs get tired and then the likes of robinson run through the tired defence

Eelementary

Post Whore
I just don't get it - why would you treat someone like that? It's just...:crazy:

I have no idea how I managed to not break my damn neck tbh.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Mr. Fahrenheit said:
FUI is getting there, he trampled a few, ran good lines and at holes.., what he does is attract 4 defenders everytime, so the dogs get tired and then the likes of robinson run through the tired defence

Good stuff. A fit and firing Fui is good news for us.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yeah - I delivered the dude's pizzas to him, and he grabbed them off me, went inside, shut the door in my face, got $40, chucked it at me and shut the door in my face again.

This, at the top of a stairwell. Instinctively you try to catch the money so you don't lose it, and I tumbled down what would have been about 15 steps. It sounds stupid and hilarious, and I'm sure it is - but I don't know how I didn't hurt myself seriously.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Eelementary said:
Yeah - I delivered the dude's pizzas to him, and he grabbed them off me, went inside, shut the door in my face, got $40, chucked it at me and shut the door in my face again.

This, at the top of a stairwell. Instinctively you try to catch the money so you don't lose it, and I tumbled down what would have been about 15 steps. It sounds stupid and hilarious, and I'm sure it is - but I don't know how I didn't hurt myself seriously.

im sorry but i cant help cracking up, as evil as that is.

but why though? and you could have paralysed yourself FFS!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Martli said:
f**k I bet the commentators compeltely butcher Hauraki's name when they say it.

How is it supposed to be pronounced?

Commentators here call him Weller "Who-rah-kee". But it's spelling is "Hauraki".

Eelementary

Post Whore
Mr. Fahrenheit said:
im sorry but i cant help cracking up, as evil as that is.

I know it's funny. I bet the merkin bastard was pissing himself, too. But I just don't see why I was treated like a diseased rat when I did him a favour and drove literally two minutes down the road to deliver his damn meal. I hope he choked on it.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Mr. Fahrenheit said:

I have no idea. He probably thought it was funny. He probably had a girl over or something and thought it would impress her. I don't know. All I know is I did nothing to deserve it.

Martli

Coach
Eelementary said:
How is it supposed to be pronounced?

Commentators here call him Weller "Who-rah-kee". But it's spelling is "Hauraki".

au is sort of an "oe" sound in maori. Like hoe-raki most people in NZ say "How-raki" (Hauraki is a place and radio station in NZ). Although that explaination probably doesn't work because our repsective accents pronounce vowels differently.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Eelementary said:
I know it's funny. I bet the merkin bastard was pissing himself, too. But I just don't see why I was treated like a diseased rat when I did him a favour and drove literally two minutes down the road to deliver his damn meal. I hope he choked on it.

was he high or drunk?

and yes, warriors 95 jersey, ill post a pic of my Jets one tommorow

Eelementary

Post Whore
Martli said:
au is sort of an "oe" sound in maori. Like hoe-raki most people in NZ say "How-raki" (Hauraki is a place and radio station in NZ). Although that explaination probably doesn't work because our repsective accents pronounce vowels differently.

I think I catch your drift. It's interesting, though - I've even heard some people call him "Haw(as in "hawk")-rake-kye". :crazy:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Mr. Fahrenheit said:
was he high or drunk?

and yes, warriors 95 jersey, ill post a pic of my Jets one tommorow

Didn't seem under the effects of any drugs. I think he just thought it would be funny or something. Classy bloke.

Martli

Coach
Eelementary said:
Didn't seem under the effects of any drugs. I think he just thought it would be funny or something. Classy bloke.

It's hard to try and write maori sounds using english letters since most people will just pronounce it in their particular accent. You have to give each vowel a different sound to get it accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.