What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

94: Superthread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didgi

So your saying he's a halfback with excellent attacking skills when his forwards give him room to display, and he has sh*t defence? Nothing new for a halfback, and it's definitely not his defence bringing the team down.

Apey

Staff member
Hayne and Thurston are amazing attacking players...

Their defence however :lol: Thurston was Dureau-like tonight and although Hayne is not nearly as bad as Thurston, his positioning is still lacking.

perverse

Referee
So your saying he's a halfback with excellent attacking skills when his forwards give him room to display, and he has sh*t defence? Nothing new for a halfback, and it's definitely not his defence bringing the team down.
i am saying that most halfbacks look good behind good go-forward. the best look good pretty much all the time.

i don't dispute his talent, i dispute his inflated standing in the game.

Big Pete

Referee
Not that this is the Thurston thread but visibility has never been a problem with JT. Defence I will agree with, but he's always digging in...even when he shouldn't be.

Cows d was terrible and they were turning over some easy ball. If they had of played smarter, they probably could have come up with the two points tonight, but alas that's their season.

Eelementary

Post Whore
So, could Thurston have done anything else tonight? He's a master of setting other players into gaps.

Turns up every single week, unlike Hayne.

bigbaby.jpg

Just because Hayne hasn't dominated like he did to your mob tonight doesn't mean he isn't turning up. Look at his stats - he's still up there for running metres and setting up all our offense.

Eelementary

Post Whore
that's why you blokes think he's the best player ever to lace on a boot. you miss all the crap... and don't notice when he disappears.

he made his fair share of clangers tonight. he certainly could have made the tackles that he missed. that's easily my biggest criticism of his game... his "defence"... if you can even call it that. funnily enough it was actually one of his better defensive displays. no-one disputes that he's gifted with the ball in hand... when his forwards dominate.

Mason was huge for the Cowboys tonight.

Exactly - he gifted Hayne 2 tries with his pea-hearted defence.

You want to talk about pea-hearts? JT wins.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Also, Hayne saved like 3 tries just with his being in the right place at the right time (aka 'positioning').

Hayne > sex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts