What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

999 things we love about league

olympic park

Juniors
32. the 1999 melbourne premiership!!!
33. marcus bais farewell at OP - 10K fans around the edges bidding bai bai to marcus

Bengal

Juniors
34) It worrys and annoys the sh*t out of my smug rah rah brothers!

I especially love No 13.

Dragonschik

Juniors
35. Seeing Riddell kick that kick from over the 40 metre line to win against the Broncos and make it a record loss of 8 in a row. And it was even better considering we had only 4 regular first graders out there.

36.That intercept try by Blacklock in the 1999 GF.

37.Watching Mundine carve up the Scum in 1999, preventing them from yet another grand final, of which they have never won :lol:

hrundi99

First Grade
38. Standing on the hill at Henson Park on saturday arvos with a beer in hand, cheering on the Jets!

SP

Bench
43. Watching my former JRL teammate Michael Witt on Tv earlier this yr
44. Penrith's come from behind win against Wests Tigers in 2000

Misty Bee

First Grade
46. The sight of Alf Richards lifting a batered Ray Price up by the collar and sending him backinto the fray.

47. Michael Cronin. An absoluet legend and point scoring genuis, who never signed a contract, merely trusting the handshake.

48. Seeing the massive grin on Arthur Beetson's face as he is chaired from the field after wining the 1980 reserve grade premiership with Parramatta. rather than worrying about 'going out on top. he stillplayed for the love of the game, even at 37!

49. Seeing Andrew Farrar diving for the line for the match winning try last in the 1986 grand final, and no less than SEVEN tired and wearly Parra players rushing over to make sure he got pushed into touch!

50. FLOGGING MANLY IN 2 CONSECUTIVE GRAND FINALS!!!!!! 1982 AND 1983!!!

51. Parra's brilliant season in 2001.

52. Parramatta staying strong and loyal to the game during Traitor League

53. Eric Grothe's try against Canterbury

SP

Bench
54. The England v Ireland RLWC 2000 game, best of the whole tournament (i reckon anyway)

55. NEW SOUTH WALES 56 def Qld 16 (every NSW'er including myself liked this scoreline :D )

56. The devlopment, success & rise of Russia

57. Dally Messenger & Ryan Girdler with 32 points in an interstate game

Raider_69

Post Whore
59. Mal Meninga going out on the highest note, wining a grand final and score one of the more memorable GF trys in the 90's

60. The emergance of several youngsters like Slater, Graham, Witt, Firman, Lewis, Ronney, Monaghan, etc that are sure to provide many more years of exciting footy

61. the excitment of a full feild chase between two speedsters... the heartbreak for some and the jubulation for the others....

62. David Furners right hook that put Webcke on his arse

63. The return of the Rabbitohs in 2001

64. Young Matt Gafa scoring a whooping 348 points in one season!

65. One day andrew johns will retire

66. One day the idiots at channel 9 will retire - change will come

67. Outstanding skill and toughness needed to play our game

68. Heading down to old peppertree park to watch the St Clair coments juniors go around...

69. The hope that a new season brings

Phillips

Referee
70- eels beating the sharks 74-4.

71- every time the eels beat the broncos.

72- villasanti's tackle on shane webcke.

73- knowing one day that brian smith will retire from coaching.

Jono Russell

Bench
74: the way kimmorley allways seems to play better then joey johns(the best player in the world) when sharks play knights.

75:Thats my team song

76:the nrl game (coming soon)

78: The footyshow

79:the salary cap

80: reg and trent

81: matty johns

iggy plop

First Grade
Thierry Henry said:
25. Francis Meli

Hearing commentators say Francis Meli really quickly. Wondering why Pat Richards' parents called him Pat. Pat Dicks is an ordinary name if you ask me.

Cameron Smith's wonderful try from dummy-half in the semi against the Raiders.

Watching every touch judge do their own little unco run back to the halfway posi after each conversion.

simon says

First Grade
Crippler said:
70. The smell of a BBQ and beer hitting u in the face as u enter leichardt oval.
:D :D :D

Ahhhhhh,dont ya just love that.Boootiful.

82.The big hits,nothing like watching the stuffing get belted out of someone.This year there was so many whopping hits.My top 3,Meli on Wesser,Nutley on Parsons and Withers in Utai.Nothing better than a beer,hotdog and some big hits..... ;-) ;-)