What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

9th Immortal

JamesRustle

First Grade
Is there any reason why we couldn't have Provan AND Summons both inducted as Immortals together? They are the face of our trophy after all, surely lil' Arthur deserves to be in there on that aspect alone
I really like that idea.

9. Sticks
10. Summons

Then

11. John Ribot
12. Wayne Bennett

mozza91

Coach
Why should only players be considered?

I’d base it on influence, value and sex appeal they brought to the game and for those reasons I nominate Mogsheen Jadwat.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Is there any reason why we couldn't have Provan AND Summons both inducted as Immortals together? They are the face of our trophy after all, surely lil' Arthur deserves to be in there on that aspect alone

That would be called a hall of fame..

Less exclusive

M2D2

Bench
Even as a sharkie, im not sure if Gal should be an immortal. Hall of fame 100%.... But Immortal....

Pre 80's Provan
80's and beyond. Mr "What has rugby league done for me" so queenslanders can shoot their goo everywhere.

carcharias

Immortal
Even as a sharkie, im not sure if Gal should be an immortal. Hall of fame 100%.... But Immortal....

Pre 80's Provan
80's and beyond. Mr "What has rugby league done for me" so queenslanders can shoot their goo everywhere.

Gallen delivered the Golden Fleece, the holy grail, the one ring to rule them all.

None of those other merkins could’ve done it
Not even provan
Who actually had a crack at it.

I don't think so. Make him an Immortal solely because he was snapped in a photo which has been used for the statute incorporated into the Premiership Trophy? He was a very good player, but he never won a first grade premiership. His Wests teams made the Grand Final three times but lost all three of them to St George (i.e. 1961, 1962 and 1963).

Pig Hunter

Juniors
I have an awful feeling it could be Lockyer. Don't get me wrong he deserves it when the time comes. Johns was way to early plus he's admitted to to taking drugs before games. Fittler is unlucky in a big way, better than Johns by far. Norm Provan has to get it surely???

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I hope they put so much thought into this. Not sure if its good news. I mean it doesn't feel long that Johns was named and I felt like then they rushed into it. I wouldn't be surprised if its either Lockyer or Mal. If Lockyer gets it, well done he deserves it, probably one of the best players Ive seen, same with Mal, but if Mal gets it you know they'll a lot of backlash. Don't get me wrong, its hard to argue Mal should be an Immortal but how does it work every now and then? I mean someone said the reason Provan missed out before is cause they go move to the next era. So by picking Meninga after Johns, who played in an era after Mal, would be a bit of an insult.

The immortals would have more credibility if it was an NRL sanctioned award not a magazine. A hall of fame seems more appropriate in my opinion.

We have an ARL Hall of Fame but for the life of my I cannot understand why its taken 11 years probably more not to induct someone. If they did that this year, you would think Johns would be there along with Noel Kelly, the only 2 players in the team of the century not to be a hall of fame. This concept would be better then add your immortals later.

I just hope they don't rush into having Smith and JT as Immortals once they retire.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Glenn Lazarus should be in the talks, best prop forward of his generation and up there as one of the best of all time, he is the only guy to win a premiership at three different clubs.

In fact their are plenty of blokes who should be in the conversation that won't be cause of politics and publicity...

Reactions: Vee