What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few points about tonights game

Ron Jeremy

Coach
1. Wagon played well for us, apart from Fui he was making good metres with every hit-up.

2. Joel Reddy, whilst not making any mistakes, he does not have that flair & spark from the back which we need. Imo we need Hayne at full back.

3. Hayne, played well and got himself involed often, as for that no try i say 99% of people in his position would've knocked on aswell, very difficult in the wet.

4. Jeremy Smith, just doesn't offer that flair T Smith offers, he really is a Tulsen Tollet the way he plays and the sooner T Smith is in first grade the better.

5. Grothe, A machine.

6. Morris was one of our best, he looked more dangerous then Tahu tonight, a good game imo from he.

parralight

Juniors
Anyone who has played footy, esp in the backs knows just how hard it is to put a bouncing ball down properly esp in those conditions. To criticise Hayne for not grounding that ball is stupidity.

half

Coach
loving point 6, ron. but some people just don't understand how essential the vitamin j is to a well-balanced diet

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I agree Half, vitamin J is essential......particulary for the sex drive, i know from experience!

nöyd

Staff member
Ron Jeremy said:
Morris was one of our best, he looked more dangerous then Tahu tonight, a good game imo from he.

Just on Morris (and Gasnier more-so)

There was a thread here this week about Morris not being a 5/8th? Fair call perhaps, but in checking out the stats of tonights match, I see that John Morris passed the ball once all game, and Mark Gasnier passed the ball a total of ZERO times.

Sure, tonights conditions meant the ball wasn't flying through the hands, but come on. Someone also said (during the week) that Morris "stops" our attack, that there is no real flow in the backline when he has the ball.

Well if St. George-Illawarra believe that Gasnier is the answer at number 6, they have some major re-thinking to do in my opinion. Rain or not, a five-eighth not throwing a single pass all match? Hard to believe in this day and age...

strider

Post Whore
on the money with ALL 6 points ron :clap:

hey half - didn't you just love the way johny morris stood to attention when being interviewed at the end of hte game - looked like he was getting ready for a team photo :lol: .... also seemed to have the "f**k its cold, let me get out of here" look on his face

strider

Post Whore
nöyd said:
Just on Morris (and Gasnier more-so)

There was a thread here this week about Morris not being a 5/8th? Fair call perhaps, but in checking out the stats of tonights match, I see that John Morris passed the ball once all game, and Mark Gasnier passed the ball a total of ZERO times.

Sure, tonights conditions meant the ball wasn't flying through the hands, but come on. Someone also said (during the week) that Morris "stops" our attack, that there is no real flow in the backline when he has the ball.

Well if St. George-Illawarra believe that Gasnier is the answer at number 6, they have some major re-thinking to do in my opinion. Rain or not, a five-eighth not throwing a single pass all match? Hard to believe in this day and age...

Gaz is a shocking 5/8!!! ... and excellent centre - but shocking 5/8 !!! ... he needs the space out wide to do his ball hogging jig

half

Coach
strider said:

hey half - didn't you just love the way johny morris stood to attention when being interviewed at the end of hte game - looked like he was getting ready for a team photo :lol: .... also seemed to have the "f**k its cold, let me get out of here" look on his face
he had that cute little cut on his nose as well and in spite of the rain his hair was still perfect. i just don't know how he does it

Ron Jeremy

Coach
strider said:

That was going to be my 7th point actually lol:lol:

8th point was going to be " i wish we had Greenshields as our full back:(

strider

Post Whore
half said:
he had that cute little cut on his nose as well and in spite of the rain his hair was still perfect. i just don't know how he does it
:lol: - LOTS of product

Ron Jeremy

Coach
half said:

Half, i use clay twister in my hair and believe me, and can go for a surf and still walk into a wedding withou tanyone noticing, the product is the shizz!

strider

Post Whore
Ron Jeremy said:
That was going to be my 7th point actually lol:lol:

8th point was going to be " i wish we had Greenshields as our full back:(

reddy did ok considering - it was a hard game - and he's young and still probably not confident enough to try too much - but yeah he's not really an explosive type of player

ppl have laid sh*t on wade for his mistakes this year, but at least he is generally trying to spark something all the time - and wade has laid on some very good tries for us in a pretty lean season

Angry_eel

First Grade
so its back to j.Morris and T.Smith combo next week and Big benny thrown in there somewhere too.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
strider said:
reddy did ok considering - it was a hard game - and he's young and still probably not confident enough to try too much - but yeah he's not really an explosive type of player

ppl have laid sh*t on wade for his mistakes this year, but at least he is generally trying to spark something all the time - and wade has laid on some very good tries for us in a pretty lean season

Wade is a very good player, in many games this year he's been the only one that looked likely of making a break, and plus people don't realise how many trys this guy has saved us in the past 3 years.

I hope he stays

eel4life

Juniors
Dont Worry about Jeremy he pushed that idiot hamstead in the back acording to the foxsports.com.au so thank god he is out of the team, at least 3 week suspension, makes our halfback slelection for next week a no brainer, but again we are playing a team this week that is going to maul us. I hope Fitzi keeps his trap shut this week we dont need them to be more fired up.

Time for Timmy to step up to the plate and help out.

A game we didnt deserve to loose but again we lost, makes it 3 this year so far, Manly, Cowboys and now dragons makes it 6 points these 3 games will cost us another crack at the end of year.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Ron Jeremy said:
1. Wagon played well for us, apart from Fui he was making good metres with every hit-up.

2. Joel Reddy, whilst not making any mistakes, he does not have that flair & spark from the back which we need. Imo we need Hayne at full back.

3. Hayne, played well and got himself involed often, as for that no try i say 99% of people in his position would've knocked on aswell, very difficult in the wet.

4. Jeremy Smith, just doesn't offer that flair T Smith offers, he really is a Tulsen Tollet the way he plays and the sooner T Smith is in first grade the better.

5. Grothe, A machine.

6. Morris was one of our best, he looked more dangerous then Tahu tonight, a good game imo from he.

You want my points on Hayne.

1.Anyone could have put that ball down that was paced for him.

2.He wanted to put it down with one hand because he is an idiot.

3.He cost us our season because he didnt use two hands.

Latest posts