What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A grand final for the ages

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
best gf i've seen, and i started watching in 2003.

not taking away from '03, but this match was brilliant.

RABK

Referee
I don't think it's a compliment to say it's the best GF since 03, that just highlights how shite most of the GF's of the last 10 years have been quality wise.

Good game but it was odd in the sense it was very up and down, some great peaks from both sides but they were never really at their best at the same time. When one side lifted it seemed the other went away a bit so momentum was quickly swapped throughout the game resulting in no real grinding period that a truly classic GF needs.

But personally i enjoy GF's like 2005, 2008 and 2010 where you can ride a bandwagon a bit and enjoy the game even if it is a blow out or low quality game. Stuff like benji's flick pass and Beavers try are what i remember about gf's... not a spectacle free game like last night. (Jennings try was good but it's jennings, who gives a f**k and SBW is not a spectacle)

bobmar28

Bench
The entertainment was great ... Although I'm not so sure about the Russell Crowe drummers.
The game itself was one of the best. Michael Jennings try was sensational.

taipan

Referee
Pre game up there with the best ever,great crowd creating tremendous atmosphere,as it showed coming through the Teeev ,and a bleeding great game thrown in.In the top ten G/F I have seen.

And the whiners will still whine .:roll:

adamkungl

Immortal
not a spectacle free game like last night. (Jennings try was good but it's jennings, who gives a f**k and SBW is not a spectacle)

:lol: genius

Absolutely cracking game, the most stressful thing i've ever had to sit through... Was shitting bricks the entire time. Bestnightever

Loudstrat

Coach
the most stressful thing i've ever had to sit through...
My whole season felt like that!

Whinging at the quality of that game is like looking back at an awesome experience involving Jen Hawkins, Miranda Kerr and tub of blue vein, nd thinking it was but a mere wank!

WTF would have made it better? 4 sticks and 2 hours of aimless fumbing?

FFS

typicalfan

Coach
It was more the officiating that ruined the spectacle. The only thing good about last night was the footy being played. But with all the dud calls going either way and the Roosters getting a major rub of the green it ruined the spectacle. Having said that to come from 18-8 down against a Manly side renown for being ruthless is gutsy and shows how good of a side the Chooks really are. Surely any contract negotiations for the Wolfman will have been flushed down the toilet as well. Just an abysmal performance. Toovey should have hooked him.

Last edited:

bottle

Coach
As a game of footy it was a good watch. Plenty of attack on show, some good defence, and a competition for the majority of it. A few clanger decisions and the worst of two bad choices won, but that doesn't detract from the quality of the game.

Matchball

Bench
SKD is the only possible player that could look more like a mong whilst scoring a try.
Should be an award for it.

adamkungl

Immortal
Maybe, not relevant. After all, I'm not a male model so my looks aren't really all that important.

TheDalek079

Bench
SKD is the only possible player that could look more like a mong whilst scoring a try.
Should be an award for it.

May have looked like a Mong, but how many people have scored a try to take the lead in a grand final whilst playing on with a broken jaw

#respect

newman

First Grade
Great game. Many neutrals or people I know who are not interested in RL watched it, and enjoyed it.

Latest posts