What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League 10/11 :: Round 12

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Not forgetting there's still NUJ/NQF to come Wednesday, onto the next week of fixtures:

Hyundai A-League 2010/11
Week 12 :: Oct 29-Nov 3
All times AEST

FRIDAY
Melb Victory v Adelaide @ Etihad, 8:00pm

SATURDAY Double Header @ SFS
CC Mariners v Perth, 5:15pm
Sydney v Brisbane, 7:30pm

SUNDAY
Newcastle v Melb Heart @ Port Macquarie, 4:00pm
NQ Fury v GC United @ DFS, 6:00pm

WEDNESDAY
Wellington v Brisbane @ Westpac, 5:30pm
Perth v Melb Heart @ NIB, 10:00pm

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
Double Header crowd should be interesting. Will the win over Perth bring back a lot of fans, will CCM bring any?

I'm gonna say they'll get around 20k.

Nevan_

First Grade
Double Header crowd should be interesting. Will the win over Perth bring back a lot of fans, will CCM bring any?

I'm gonna say they'll get around 20k.

I predict there will be around 2-3k CCM fans.

The crowd will probably be around 8-13k.

jc155776

Coach
I think the scheduling for this season has been appauling in general and gives clubs very little chance at builind momentum with crowds etc.

How many games have Mariners played in the last 3 weeks????

Fury getting a game time of 5pm on a Sunday when every single person in Nth QLD knows the best time to get fans to the game from such a vast region is 7.30pm on a Saturday (not to mention it is going to be about 30 odd degrees Sunday arvo AND the Western stand will be squinting for the first half.

Sydney draw best Sunday arvos do they not??

The FFA is killing its own competition and clubs with the way it schedules matches!!

Timmah

Staff member
I think the scheduling for this season has been appauling in general and gives clubs very little chance at builind momentum with crowds etc.

Fury getting a game time of 5pm on a Sunday when every single person in Nth QLD knows the best time to get fans to the game from such a vast region is 7.30pm on a Saturday (not to mention it is going to be about 30 odd degrees Sunday arvo AND the Western stand will be squinting for the first half.

The FFA is killing its own competition and clubs with the way it schedules matches!!
To be fair a lot of requests are thrown in - the Mariners requested sh*tloads of byes n stuff around this time so they could returf Bluetongue and not have to play any more than one notional home game - which falls this Saturday at SFS v Perth.

Nevan_

First Grade

Sydney requested a lot of Saturday night games. Which was daft because families would rather show up on a Sunday arvo.

Midweek games this early is stupid too. We should only have midweek games around December/January.

jc155776

Coach
Sydney requested a lot of Saturday night games. Which was daft because families would rather show up on a Sunday arvo.

Midweek games this early is stupid too. We should only have midweek games around December/January.

Yep the mid week games for no apparent reason are pointless and stupid indeed.

To be honest teams not doing it too tough like Sydney should have their requests subject to the requests of teams that rely on gate takings to survive.

1 Friday night game, One saturday early evening, One Saturday night, One Sunday arvo, one Sunday twilight (Perth whenever they play at home).

f**k THE WEDNESDAY NIGHT GAMES OFF. They are killing any club that has to pay rent on the stadiums they hire out.

Timmah

Staff member
Jets have played 1 game in over 30 days....have had 3 byes in 11 weeks

CCM are in a similar position, all byes and away matches crammed into this period of the year - both I believe are due to stadium (CCM pitch, Newc grandstand) issues.

Speaking of... still no word from FFA as to when the F3 Derby originally planned for Sat 27 Nov will be rescheduled to?

Timmah

Staff member
Yep the mid week games for no apparent reason are pointless and stupid indeed.

To be honest teams not doing it too tough like Sydney should have their requests subject to the requests of teams that rely on gate takings to survive.

1 Friday night game, One saturday early evening, One Saturday night, One Sunday arvo, one Sunday twilight (Perth whenever they play at home).

f**k THE WEDNESDAY NIGHT GAMES OFF. They are killing any club that has to pay rent on the stadiums they hire out.

I think the Wednesday games are an effort to ensure we look like the EPL which is quite ridiculous. They're forgetting that unlike the EPL we have a giant country and no team can really rely on away support in droves unless it's a local derby.

I agree, next season it should be back to weekends only... the only time midweek games should appear is during December-January when people can actually attend.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
CCM are in a similar position, all byes and away matches crammed into this period of the year - both I believe are due to stadium (CCM pitch, Newc grandstand) issues.

Speaking of... still no word from FFA as to when the F3 Derby originally planned for Sat 27 Nov will be rescheduled to?
Fugging told you. Wed 24 Nov :fist:

jc155776

Coach
Bahahahaha

After all this bitching about Wednesday night games one of the biggest drawing games for Newcastle is now a Wednesday.

FMD that is terrible.

Kiss goodbye to a heap of Mariners fans turning up (all 19 of them) :p

Jobdog

Live Update Team
It may not be confirmed yet Timmah, but I'm guaranteeing you should make plans for a trip to Newy on that Wednesday ;-)

beave

Coach
f**k me, now tomorrow nights game has been canned.

Seriously, I reckon the Fury are cursed................

roboshark

Coach
And sundays game is being moved to melbourne

What the f**k!!!!!

A home game transferred to melbourne because of the pitch....deadset what a joke. Do we get a home game to replace it...I bet not ffs

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Link?

Can't find that anywhere, other than the FFA saying they are looking at alternatives.

Timmah

Staff member
Correct, no confirmation on where/when it will be played. I doubt it will be played in Melbourne though.