What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League 10/11 :: Round 14

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Hyundai A-League Week 14
Nov 12-18 All times AEDT

FRIDAY
Gold Coast v Sydney FC @ Skilled, 8:30pm

SATURDAY
Wellington v CC Mariners @ Westpac, 5:30pm
Newcastle v Adelaide @ EAS, 7:45pm

SUNDAY
Melb Heart v Brisbane @ AAMI, 5:00pm
Perth v Melb Victory @ NIB, 7:00pm

WEDNESDAY
Newcastle v Brisbane @ EAS, 7:30pm

THURSDAY
Melb Victory v CC Mariners @ AAMI, 7:30pm

IanG

Coach
Whats doing. Just had a glimps of the game on the TV at the club and Skilled Park is empty.

Timmah

Staff member
See the Fury have at least attracted 1 or 2 instances of 10k or at least close, haven't they? GCU would have to rely on strong Roar support to get numbers, and even then they'd be struggling to crack anywhere near 10k.

Nevan_

First Grade
Just when I thought out luck has changed, the ref gifts GCU a goal and we miss out on a free kick. We're f**king sh*t.

Timmah

Staff member
Am I right in saying the Sky Blues now have to win 10 or 11 matches of the remaining 15 to have any hope of a title defence?

fish eel

Immortal
Am I right in saying the Sky Blues now have to win 10 or 11 matches of the remaining 15 to have any hope of a title defence?

The ladder is pretty tight, they've got Perth next week, win that and pending other results this weekend they'll be close enough to the six to make it.

whether they're good enough though....

Nevan_

First Grade
The ladder is pretty tight, they've got Perth next week, win that and pending other results this weekend they'll be close enough to the six to make it.

whether they're good enough though....

I will not be surprised if Perth beat us TBH

I'm losing faith with Lavicka fast. He's a good manager, and a nice guy, but he's too conservative. Danning, Antonis and Petratos need to be in the side.

We need a clean out.

Timmah

Staff member
People still going to make the same generic claims about the Mariners being boring? Three straight wins... 9 goals.

weasel

First Grade
A round of pretty surprising results so far this weekend. Hoping the Roar can buck the trend this afternoon. Heart haven't lost since the 4-0 hiding we gave them back in September.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at Sportstab at the pub last night and the kiwis were at least a dollar shorter than the Mariners and I thought wtf, but stoopid me didn't get on them.

With games in hand they are looking at a shot at top spot.

Nevan_

First Grade
Goals don't always equal entertainment. Look at Brisbane; sometimes they have trouble putting 'em away, but they're very, very entertaining.

Timmah

Staff member
Are any of you actually watching the Mariners games?

It just looks like the same boring claims from people who don't even seem to bother checking things out to see what they're saying is accurate.

I'm happy to admit that the last couple of seasons the Mariners did play bland boring football under McKinna.

What they're producing this season is far more exciting and to me they're the second best team in the comp, Brisbane at the top. Adelaide are looking shaky.

weasel

First Grade
I did watch the game last night actually, and well I will admit there were a few short spells when the Mariners did actually make me think "Hey, they're playing like the Roar", which I can't say I've seen from many other teams this season, the key word though being "short". Overall, the scoreline flattered them, Phoenix created enough opportunities to have been well in the game.