What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League 10/11 :: Round 14

weasel

First Grade
Wow, what a game. The best so far this season? Had everything but a red card. Very good performance from the Heart, really had us under the pump in that first half. We showed some real frailties in defence at times but in the second half we managed to kick into gear, awesome performance away from home in a pressure situation, very proud of my team.

fish eel

Immortal
People still going to make the same generic claims about the Mariners being boring? Three straight wins... 9 goals.

As has been said Timmah, goals doesnt necessarily mean a side isn't boring to watch

Just like lack of intent isnt a reason not to give a penalty against a keeper for bringing a player down in the box.

Are any of you actually watching the Mariners games?

It just looks like the same boring claims from people who don't even seem to bother checking things out to see what they're saying is accurate.

I'm happy to admit that the last couple of seasons the Mariners did play bland boring football under McKinna.

What they're producing this season is far more exciting and to me they're the second best team in the comp, Brisbane at the top. Adelaide are looking shaky.

I tipped the mariners under arnold to surprise people and make the finals. Thankfully they're not playing the turgid, long ball rubbish they continually dished up under mckinna and are certainly better to watch than previous years, but they're still a tad boring. Adelaide, Brisbane, Phoenix and on their day Victory are all sides I enjoy watching more than the Mariners.

roboshark

Coach
I was actually joking. Responding to your claim a few posts before Timmah

I do agree though that there are a few teams that I would pay to see before the mariners

weasel

First Grade
Shame that Newcastle had to find some form just before we make a trip there. I hope you guys still remember the IOU 3 points you left us in Brisbane several weeks ago.

roboshark

Coach
Should be a good game. I will be there. Brisbane are due for a loss

Although we have a sh*t record at home against the orange mob

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
That said, Mariners would be helped by a Jets victory.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Cracking shot there, just off the post from Theoklitos' hand.

1-1 into the final couple of minutes