What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League 10/11 :: Round 14

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Not sure why Culina persists with Haliti. Never really lived up to potential.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
*sigh*

Another game, another controversy. F**k me Franjic (I think) must have been desperately close to being off-side ...

He was probably just on, but christ it was tight.

weasel

First Grade
He was definitely onside, watch it on tv. Heck, according to the commentary of the incident the replay on the big screen which caused the Jets fans to boo showed him to be onside, anyway, although people often get totally confused about these side angles, they imagine a line straight up and down forgetting that the pitch is on an angle, so you need to look at the lines on the grass. Brilliant pass from Mitch Nichols.

weasel

First Grade
Just watched the replay again, and in this instance my comment about looking straight up and down is off the mark, it's moreso that his distance from the defenders creates the illusion that he could be offside if you don't really take a notice of the pitch markings.

Timmah

Staff member
One last game for Round 14 - Victory v CCM tonight.

Timmah

Staff member
2-all and that will do us for Round 14.

Brisbane 33
Adelaide 28
Mariners 25
GC United 24

Nice logjam near the top at the moment

roboshark

Coach
2 good games played in last 2 days......both entertaining to watch

Reasonable midweek crowds too

weasel

First Grade
I have to admit, Newcastle and Central Coast both do fantastic jobs with their attendances. Even this season where Newcastle have been struggling for so long they're still getting pretty decent crowds. Makes the averages of teams like Brisbane, Sydney and Gold Coast look even more pathetic. Hopefully the Roar can start boosting up the average attendance being at the top of the ladder.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
an away draw in Melbourne is not a bad result but credit where its due, that was a classy strike from Hernandez

Timmah

Staff member
Can't wait to finally get back to Gosford on Sunday. Hopefully we can go close to 10k...

Mong

Post Whore
Going to head out and have a look at the Heart v Adelaide game tonight since I am down this way and only a short walk away. Keen to check out this new stadium that looks fairly decent on TV.