What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League 10/11 :: Round 15 & 16

roboshark

Coach
The crowds have dropped away due to, in no particular order

1. Huge turnover in players...and crowd favourites like Griffiths, Durante, Covic, and Musialik
2. Ticket prices
3. No other entertainment on game day
4. Con...and his absolute stubborness with things like paying debts, use of third party deals, his interference with team selections etc etc
5. Lack of a-league promotion
6. Con again

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I think the Jets fall away with the crowds had as much to do with the turnover of players and issues around Con, TBH.

And on field, to think that one 90 minute promotional match would damage their season is just ridiculous.
This. The reason for our good crowds several years ago was due to fans feeling an affiliation with the team and the players. I can understand people becoming disillusioned when you don't know who will be playing for you the following season. Tinkler, and the staff, are doing their bit at the moment by trying to secure as many of the current team as possible. Who knows, even one J. Griffiths might return to Newcastle in 12 months time.

Iafeta

Referee
What is it with Scumdney FC and dirty handball goals against us? Get some new refs, this OPSM merkins are hopeless.

jc155776

Coach
I have nothing against the GCU fans that actually turn up.

But lets face reality, they bring nothing to the comp yet our head is on the chopping block just because they have a backer.

The A-League should be used to develop the game but the FFA dont know sh*t about that.

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
Why FOTM? good win for Sydney, didn't see the handball, being in the Cove but highlight was singing Bohemian Rhapsordy with ten to go.

roboshark

Coach
Maybe he means that the cove didn't shutup during the minute silence for the miners

And JC....look out for the jets on the weekend. Franny Jeffers a chance of playing

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Cove was quiet during the silence from what I heard on TV.... then loud in voice when it mattered. Despite the crowd figure still very vocal.

What was disgraceful last night:

SFS - 4,012
Skilled - 1,714

Amazingly not the lowest ever A-League crowd at Skilled, that honour still rests with the New Zealand Knights.

However it is the lowest crowd Sydney FC have ever drawn. Amazingly the Central Coast Mariners have never even dipped under 5,000... although I'm worried that could change over the coming months...

jc155776

Coach
The cove are scum, we all know that.

I love how their only chants seem to involve call everyone a "merkin"

All class.

Less then 5k. In a one team city the size of Sydney, disgraceful.

One offside goal and a blatant hand ball as well.

Latest posts