What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League 13/14 :: Week 1

Big Sam

First Grade
As for the game... yes it's early days but both WSW and us looked very good for a Round 1 clash.

Based on the three games so far in terms of form - us and WSW up top... Sydney 3rd best... Heart probably behind them, Victory a little disappointing and Newcastle... well...

Yeah agree with CCM and WSW as the early top 2. Heart was good but they might actually be the A-League's first one-man team - everything came through Harry and once he went off they looked lost in attack. Even SFC aren't a one-man team this season with the likes of Emerton, Carle, and Garcia.

BunniesMan

Immortal
As for the game... yes it's early days but both WSW and us looked very good for a Round 1 clash.

Based on the three games so far in terms of form - us and WSW up top... Sydney 3rd best... Heart probably behind them, Victory a little disappointing and Newcastle... well...
You're crazy if you think Sydney are ahead of Victory. Relying on ADP coming up with something brilliant will not win them many games. Victory were flat but it's round 1. They'll be in the top 3.

BDR

First Grade
Went to the Melbourne Derby. Seemed a little flat. Was sitting near some supporters group that call themselves the Real Northern Terrace or something. They had some good chants, but spent over half the game focussing on booing and swearing at other Victory supporters.

Seemed like a bunch of lunatics to be perfectly honest.

This shit drives me nuts. The smaller Roar supporters group (the RCC) spend at least as much time singing at the bigger group (The Den) as they do about the football.

Last edited:
The RCB or whatever they're called nowadays often work with the Den to get songs going, they seem to be rather friendly with each other from what I see at games.

BDR

First Grade
They did try it at times last year for sure, however the snark is still there and it's irritating.

Mong

Post Whore
The RCB or whatever they're called nowadays often work with the Den to get songs going, they seem to be rather friendly with each other from what I see at games.

I noticed that last season as well.. The strange angst they seemed to once have appears to have substantially dimmed.

Mong

Post Whore
It's only the first half of the first game in round one mate.. He will score us plenty of goals this season as usual.

BDR

First Grade
Reminds me a lot of last year's opener. Very frustrated and lacking a bit of class in central midfield.

Big Sam

First Grade
All this talk about how long it takes to get tactical change in the HAL and Adelaide have done it in just 3 months by bringing in a former La Masia coach. They certainly won't finish 9th...