What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Pinch of Salt

whall15

Coach
Mate we had five white guys in our team yesterday, plus Hayne and Norman, who are 50-50. Do you think that's representative of the multicultural country we live in?

Premiership sides from the past decade had this many whiteys:

2013: Roosters (10 whiteys)
2012: Storm (9 whiteys)
2011: Manly (11 whiteys)
2010: St George (14 whiteys)
2008: Manly (15 whiteys)
2006: Brisbane (11 whiteys)
2005: Wests (13 whiteys)
2004: Canterbury (10 whiteys)

Yesterday we had five! The last time we made the finals we had 11 whiteys in the top 17. There needs to be balance, tolerance and inclusiveness. That's the Australian way.

That's a load of utter shite, the players earned their place in the squad based on merit, in addition players such as Radradra, Moi Moi, Edwards and Mau are from other nations so I'm not sure why they would be expected to represent your perverted sense of an Australian identity. Furthermore, unfortunately tolerance and inclusiveness has never been the Australian way, and whilst it has improved from the days of the White Australia Policy and the Stolen Generations we still have plenty of progress to make as evidenced by the mass hysteria over refugees and the despicable contents of this thread.

whall15

Coach
I'm not hiding. I made the post. As if anyone on here is going to throw their friend under the bus because someone on the net demands it.

Oh you have a bigoted friend, isn't that lovely. I couldn't give a f**k if he was your friend, the fans of that club deserve to know that they have an official who is actively harming their club through their stupid prejudices.

Noise

Coach
Oh you have a bigoted friend, isn't that lovely. I couldn't give a f**k if he was your friend, the fans of that club deserve to know that they have an official who is actively harming their club through their stupid prejudices.

Apparently someone from our club said the same thing(if you go through the thread). And what a surprise no names were mentioned.

whall15

Coach
Apparently someone from our club said the same thing(if you go through the thread). And what a surprise no names were mentioned.

Let's name him, I want him fired. He is actively harming our club through his prejudices.

We've been through enough shit, I don't want to miss out on a superstar because of some knuckledragger's half-baked eugenics ideas.

Chipmunk

Coach
Mate we had five white guys in our team yesterday, plus Hayne and Norman, who are 50-50. Do you think that's representative of the multicultural country we live in?

Premiership sides from the past decade had this many whiteys:

2013: Roosters (10 whiteys)
2012: Storm (9 whiteys)
2011: Manly (11 whiteys)
2010: St George (14 whiteys)
2008: Manly (15 whiteys)
2006: Brisbane (11 whiteys)
2005: Wests (13 whiteys)
2004: Canterbury (10 whiteys)

Yesterday we had five! The last time we made the finals we had 11 whiteys in the top 17. There needs to be balance, tolerance and inclusiveness. That's the Australian way.

Well said Pou

It's something I have been conscious of for a while.

whall15

Coach
List of Bigots

Noise
magpie4ever
TheRam
Poupou Escobar
emjaycee
Chipmunk
Joshuatheeel
Utey

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's a load of utter shite, the players earned their place in the squad based on merit, in addition players such as Radradra, Moi Moi, Edwards and Mau are from other nations so I'm not sure why they would be expected to represent your perverted sense of an Australian identity. Furthermore, unfortunately tolerance and inclusiveness has never been the Australian way, and whilst it has improved from the days of the White Australia Policy and the Stolen Generations we still have plenty of progress to make as evidenced by the mass hysteria over refugees and the despicable contents of this thread.

Everyone is equal under Australian law, regardless of race.

And I have a mate who arrived illegally by boat and I can tell you he doesn't want more boat people coming here either. Other than his family members that couldn't settle elsewhere in the West.

whall15

Coach
Everyone is equal under Australian law, regardless of race.

And I have a mate who arrived illegally by boat and I can tell you he doesn't want more boat people coming here either. Other than his family members that couldn't settle elsewhere in the West.

It isn't illegal to arrive in Australia via boat.

Kornstar

Coach
Shouldn't be hey? We're constantly told everyone is not only equal but exactly the same.

I'm just reporting the stats but. Make of them what you will.

So what was the excuse before Polynesians were such a large portion of the playing group? In the 80's, of the teams that were garbage, what was the excuse?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm just making a list of bigots so I can take it into account when I'm reading their posts in the future.

I might be a bigot but I'm still smarter than most merkins, including squealing little merkins like yourself who scramble for the moral highground when you hear a discussion you don't like.

If you want to learn about footy, keep reading my posts. Bigot or otherwise.

whall15

Coach
I might be a bigot but I'm still smarter than most merkins, including squealing little merkins like yourself who scramble for the moral highground when you hear a discussion you don't like.

If you want to learn about footy, keep reading my posts. Bigot or otherwise.

I'm a rational human being who bases opinions on facts instead of baseless prejudices. I'm quite sure I'm smarter than you.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So what was the excuse before Polynesians were such a large portion of the playing group? In the 80's, of the teams that were garbage, what was the excuse?

Well it was obviously something else, wasn't it? The spread of talent was hardly equitable prior to about 2005.

The past ten wooden spoon teams have included current Origin and (genuine, i.e. Australia, New Zealand and England) international players:

2014: Gallen, Lewis
2013: Hayne
2012: Hayne
2011: Bird, Harrison
2010: O'Donnell, Scott, Thurston, Tonga
2009: Myles, Nu'uausala, Perrett, Soliola
2008: SBW
2007: Pritchard, Puletua
2006: Fa'alongo
2005: Buderus, Johns, Simpson

Compare that with any given wooden spoon team of the 80s or 90s and you'd be hard pressed to even find former or future Origin players, let alone rep players from that year.

So if teams were crap back in the olden days, it was probably just lack of talent rather than anything to do with the multicultural mix of the team.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Australia has signed and ratified the Convention relating to the status of Refugees which stipulates have the right to enter a country for the purpose of seeking asylum.

They have a right to enter for that purpose, but they do not have the right to enter without permission.