What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A plus for the knights

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Looking through the line up in state of origin. The roosters will have 6 players backing up on friday and 4 of those players are ball players. Finch, fittler, Wing and Flannery. Hopefully this will result in a lack of polish on there game against the knights on friday.

Hopefully Minichiello has to do a thousand kick returns and fitzgibbon has to do a thousand tackles.

We need alot in our favour this week.

astrogirl

First Grade
Speaking of kick returns, a couple of weeks ago Channel 9 commentators made an observation that I found kind of interesting. It was during the Roosters game against the Bulldogs. It was pointed out (by Matty Johns I think) that at the end of their sets of six the Bulldogs often opted to kick for touch, rather than direct kicks towards the in-goal, and it was thought that the aim of this was to take away the risk of Minichiello making a lot of metres on the kick return, potentially beating a defender and making a bust up the middle.

Seemed to work for the Dogs. I wonder if any other teams might use the idea.

Or maybe this is not a new idea... i.e. is just new to me?

WOnt make a difference unless they are injured... Backing up 2 days after is easier than 4 days after.. Plus those players being non forwards generally do less work and are fitter, plus craig wing being the fittest person in league helps them too.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
It's not just the fitness factor CH. It's also being able to get yourself up mentally two days later.

Astrogirl, Parramatta used the same tactic on brisbane a few years ago and worked really well. Not only do you keep the ball away from there damaging runners, you just as importantly get your defensive line set off the scrum.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Yeah I think that is a better tactic.
If Kurt and Ennis (I'm presuming will be 5/8 can kick away from Minni it will be better.
I've noticed also that Danny seems to be taking on some of the kicking duties as well.

~knights~

Juniors
Just target Finch in defence.

That's what the doggies did.

It worked ....they ran all over him and he had a poor game.

Edit:shhhh don't tell Qld.
:-#

Go the blues :D

Misanthrope

Staff member
So basically:
Kick away from Mini
Target Finch

If Hodges were playing we'd have a valeted path to the try line. Is Walker still on? That's just as good. Aside from Byrne, their backline defence is abysmal.

Astro-If your going to kick out then we have to have Ennis at 5/8 and Gidley NOT kicking.
I like the idea ...Witt has to go in this case however.
I think that Finch will have a lot og traffic his way but i also think that Gould will hide Him and Freddie in the line somewhere.Finch to the wing in defence????

the_knights_rule

First Grade
Speaking of kick returns, a couple of weeks ago Channel 9 commentators made an observation that I found kind of interesting. It was during the Roosters game against the Bulldogs. It was pointed out (by Matty Johns I think) that at the end of their sets of six the Bulldogs often opted to kick for touch, rather than direct kicks towards the in-goal, and it was thought that the aim of this was to take away the risk of Minichiello making a lot of metres on the kick return, potentially beating a defender and making a bust up the middle.

Seemed to work for the Dogs. I wonder if any other teams might use the idea.

Or maybe this is not a new idea... i.e. is just new to me?

i also noticed this and thought that it was a very good idea and i hope the knights do it as it worked for the dogs and like otehrs said, target finch in defence and walker..... if only hodges was playing, that wouldve been an easy two or three tries :D

Latest posts