What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Reynolds

snout

First Grade
AR has a running game.
AR sets up tries.
AR gets mentioned in the other mobs tip sheet.
AR's team doesn't win when hes out.
AR kicks the ball with a plan in mind rather than the head down eyes shut and just boot it approach of CT - and - the ball ends up where AR wanted it.

Chimp

Bench
I’d be tempted to use Souths favourite legal Salary cap rort on them here... The issue with AR and Souths is over length of contract.
So let’s say they’ve offered him $700k for a year - let’s offer him $550k but over 4 years, with a nod and a wink that he can move to an ‘office job’ if we/he thinks it’s time to retire before then.

Chimp

Bench
I’d be tempted to use Souths favourite legal Salary cap rort on them here... The issue with AR and Souths is over length of contract.
So let’s say they’ve offered him $700k for a year - let’s offer him $550k but over 4 years, with a nod and a wink that he can move to an ‘office job’ if we/he thinks it’s time to retire before then.

jc155776

Coach
So do I. Gagai has already offered to take a pay cut. I expect others will as well. It's a Bennett thing. Maybe he stands over them :)

I know this is tongue in cheek but just as a side note the amount of stuff I hear he does to support players (superstars, players in the system, or those fallen on hard times) is pretty amazing.

He’s even done things like reach out to ex juniors who have fallen into drugs and crime etc and helped them and their family to try and get them back on track. Nothing in it for him or his club, just that kind of person.

you’d never hear about it in the news though.

Probably explains why some players are so loyal to him. He’s a wizard with the inter personal stuff.

Special K

Coach
bump

CRONULLA has emerged as the shock favourites to sign out-of-favour Souths halfback Adam Reynolds.

The Broncos and Cowboys have had all the early running in interest in Reynolds but there is a problem - the veteran halfback doesn't want to leave Sydney.

The Sharks, who have Shaun Johnson off contract and unhappy with the treatment of soon-to-be-sacked coach John Morris, while Chad Townsend has an option in his favour for 2022.

That potentially leaves the Sharks without an experienced playmaker for next season - and they would be prepared to throw Reynolds the long-term deal he craves for his security.

The premiership-winning halfback has a young family and doesn't want to uproot his kids from their schools and their mates for two to three years in Queensland.

That makes Cronulla the perfect fit - assuming incoming coach Craig Fitzgibbon is keen on the goalkicking number seven.
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/cronul...r-return/4a09c96c-5ff1-4a10-95a8-5e442a12a074

shaggs

Coach
How do we reckon a spine of this looks

1. Kennedy
6. Johnson
7. Reynolds
9. Brailey

Johnson plays footy. Reynolds kicks and guides
Works at the rabbits

As long as they have a pack that plays on the front foot that is. You could be a combo of Johns, JT and Cronk, and do nothing with a shit/soft pack