What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Reynolds

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Funny how you have kept saying, "We've got him, we've got him!" to now, "Here's our offer take it or leave it."

We never had him in the first place did we mate?

Irks me when people say they're in the know and make outlandish statements.
Hey big bloke. Nothing has changed from my end at all. There is a difference between what I’m told and what I think of the situation.

fizman

Bench
Boys, the moral of the story here is simply this. If we bring together a quality group of players with different skill sets that simply do their job the rest will fall into place.

It's why I liked the Cameron McInnes signing, at St George, he was trying to do everything himself. With us, he only needs to focus on his strengths and do his job well.

My view is that both Lewis and Taylor are better than Townsend because they have a running game. I also see that they would work well together based on their different strengths.

Individually, they may not appeal, but as a Halves combination I think that would work well.

Lewis has played 38 NRL games
Taylor has played 105 NRL games

bluefox68

Staff member
Anyone listen to the latest shark cast with David Riccio.

explains it pretty succinctly .
If it’s about money he goes to Brisbane due to third party’s etc.
If it’s about location it’s the good guys.

Out of our hands.
I honestly think Broncos are a sinking ship.

Their success was built on Queensland pride and kids wanting desperately to play for them, with international players willing to be underpaid.

Millennials are not interested in that mentality...

Quicksilver

Bench
I honestly think Broncos are a sinking ship.

Their success was built on Queensland pride and kids wanting desperately to play for them, with international players willing to be underpaid.

Millennials are not interested in that mentality...

That’s what they said and it would still be true to an extent.

The thoroughbreds have always helped though. Those top sides in the 90s were well paid.

snout

First Grade
I am not having a lend here, but if I were in charge of the roster I would consider this as my 2022 Halves pairing -

6. Lachlan Lewis - 24 years old
7. Ash Taylor - 26 years old

There are plenty of options available in key areas.
I would go hard..very hard at luke keary.
I think fitzy knows him.

Not sure when his contract is up but the new wunderkind is young walker. He is the future and their games DO NOT compliment each other
Kearys won a comp there....so what a great challenge - do it again at the sharks.

sladden road

Juniors
Hmmm.

I still think that the Shabbit comes to the good guys.
Brisbane is a poison chalice. Career ending move. But everyone has a price.

After that who knows.

Ads

First Grade
I think fitzy knows him.

Not sure when his contract is up but the new wunderkind is young walker. He is the future and their games DO NOT compliment each other
Kearys won a comp there....so what a great challenge - do it again at the sharks.
Just go hard at Walker. Off contract. Fitzgibbon probably won’t go for anyone they want though as to not piss them off.

sladden road

Juniors
Just go hard at Walker. Off contract. Fitzgibbon probably won’t go for anyone they want though as to not piss them off.
Robbo will not let Walker go, nor Keary. Robbo is a quality human, as is Fitz. They won’t play that game. Anyone coming from the Rosters has their blessings. Maybe a forward, hopefully Manu.. but not one of those two halves.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I think fitzy knows him.

Based on the games they have played together?
Walker will need a mentor for years yet. Keary's that man.
The Roosters/Robbo would make the combo work even if it were a fact that it wouldn't. That's what they do, design a game strategy around players strengths. Then work on their skills to make the match work.

Yet you think Moyza and Johnson would work when they are so similar and uncomplimentary

This is a wing and a prayer post snout.

snout

First Grade
Based on the games they have played together?
Walker will need a mentor for years yet. Keary's that man.
The Roosters/Robbo would make the combo work even if it were a fact that it wouldn't. That's what they do, design a game strategy around players strengths. Then work on their skills to make the match work.

Yet you think Moyza and Johnson would work when they are so similar and uncomplimentary

This is a wing and a prayer post snout.
Rorts are kearys team.
He plays both sides, is the kicker and runs the plays.
It is now Walkers team. Robbo has told him the shackles are off and walker has explained his one instruction is to play whats in front of him.
He also plays both sides, is the kicker and runs the plays.

Everybody knows the best 6 and 7s are the sterling and kennys. Game manager and runner.

Walker and keary are the same player.
Robbo never ever thought keary would become expendable until this kid landed in a spaceship and has basically got his team over the line in every game he has played.
And now kearys worth to robbo is dipping. Why pay big bucks to two guys to do the same job.

Those big bucks would be better spent on other weaker positions.
Also...which half stands back?
Keary wont. Hes established.
And what good is the kid standing there farming it out? Especially when he has shown his kicking game is as good if not better than kearys.

As incomprehensible as it seemed 5 weeks ago - keary might prefer to run his own team like maloney did rather than share centre stage with a guy who is rapidly overshadowing him.

Moylan and SJ.
Moyza has no interest in being the kicker. Nor the general.
He is a runner and a guy who loves to link from the playmaker to the outside backs.
SJ picks his runs. He like to bring guys onto the ball as last week when he fed a short ball to put nikora thru the hole for the try.
He sees himself as the team kicker.
They would work beautufully together. They are more your Turvy and Baa combo.

The 80s matchups were legendary between these differing halves pairings. Dogs and Eels. They were the best 6/7 combos and ruled the comp
Neither mirrored walker/keary.
Nor townsend/SJ for that matter.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Rorts are kearys team.
He plays both sides, is the kicker and runs the plays.
It is now Walkers team. Robbo has told him the shackles are off and walker has explained his one instruction is to play whats in front of him.
He also plays both sides, is the kicker and runs the plays.

Luai/Cleary

Write less. it's no more convincing to write an essay :)