What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Reynolds

"You only get one Alan Bond in your lifetime, and I've had mine"
Kerry Packer on the business deal that saw Bond buy the Channel 9 network for $1.05 billion in 1987 and sell it back to Packer for $250 million three years later

I'll just leave that here to be pondered

carinashark

First Grade
I really think Tracy is being used poorly. He is way to light to keep running at the line like that and risking a serious injury. He should be used off the bench and be trailing the ball carrier ready to take the pass at speed, which he has plenty of. I’m over SJ , and Moylan yes they are trying hard but looking for that contract. SJ , has he been training ? He looks to me like he doesn’t know where anyone is. Drop them both.It’s the forwards who are keeping the team going. Now is the time to start usingVelasquez and Pele for limited time . Margoulis is almost as bad as Woods. But really we don’t hurt people anymore. Toby and Williams hit hard the whole game but Woods and Tolman are seriously soft. I hear how great Mooney is at finding players but he better get off his bum because we need to start sourcing a new group to fix up our future .

snout

First Grade
Kerry Packer on the business deal that saw Bond buy the Channel 9 network for $1.05 billion in 1987 and sell it back to Packer for $250 million three years later

Okay...so cows are buying chad for 1mill and we buy him back 3 years later for 250K.

Am l close?

1990 sharkie

Juniors
Like pay over inflated salaries to the Dugans, SJs, Moylan's etc. Spending coin? That's worked a treat

If any of them were going to bring a premiership they would have by now but none have, anywhere they've been. And we have 3 or 4 of them!!

Sorry, the broom that needs to go through the joint needs to be big enough to sweep a desert

View attachment 48269

You have to spend coin on the right players. How can you not mention Woods on that list and I don't rate moylan anywhere near what he is getting paid.
Dugan and and Johnson I think at the time got paid what they were worth, noone knew dugan close to being medically retired when he signed. I say dugan is a better right centre than ramien will ever be.

The reason they didn't win us a comp was because of thr 14 other players aswell. We honestly have one of the worst packs in the comp

1990 sharkie

Juniors
I don’t think he was as good last year as his stats or media suggested and as a player over the past 5 years I’d say no to keeping him based on that.

I thought when we signed him he was a good player but grossly overrated, I reckon last year was one of his best years in his career.

R-15-3

Bench
I thought when we signed him he was a good player but grossly overrated, I reckon last year was one of his best years in his career.
Had his best year in a long time last year but still couldn’t get us across the line against a top team when it mattered. Only looked good against bottom 8 teams with average defence.

1990 sharkie

Juniors
Had his best year in a long time last year but still couldn’t get us across the line against a top team when it mattered. Only looked good against bottom 8 teams with average defence.

Ohh so all that is on one player. Forget the fact that he mad a shit team decent. Without him last year we were duds and with him we were average. That's alot for one player to do

R-15-3

Bench
Ohh so all that is on one player. Forget the fact that he mad a shit team decent. Without him last year we were duds and with him we were average. That's alot for one player to do
Have to agree to disagree. IMO he just isn’t the player that can have a positive influence on those around him, his whole career he has been inconsistent, failed to show up on big games, can’t see him as a senior million dollar leader players look up to. Then you throw in him coming back from such a serious injury at his age not worth it.

Generalzod

Immortal

Here’s another quote from another rich bloke...
If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning. Aristotle Onassis.

snout

First Grade
And this one of course..

Man running too fast thru airport going to bangkok.
Confucius

Quigs

Immortal
And here is another,

"If you go around shitting in your own nest then sooner or later you are going to walk in it"

Frenzy.

Immortal
You have to spend coin on the right players. How can you not mention Woods on that list and I don't rate moylan anywhere near what he is getting paid.
Dugan and and Johnson I think at the time got paid what they were worth, noone knew dugan close to being medically retired when he signed. I say dugan is a better right centre than ramien will ever be.

The reason they didn't win us a comp was because of thr 14 other players aswell. We honestly have one of the worst packs in the comp

He falls under "etc" and he's not on anywhere near the same $$. Feefs is also an "etc" who is on marquee dollars yet you don't mention him. So is Wade.

Don't let your prejudices shine through so obviously.

Eion

First Grade
Wellwellwell. Sauce?

There does come a point and I would rather that than ruining a cap over the bloke. He’s good, but not that good.