What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A shining light..........

The Colonel

Immortal
OK we have had the ones that got away will know we have the best pick of them all.

Fui Fui Moi Moi.

We snuck in under the noses of every club in the competition and signed a player that will become one of the most dominant bench forwards of the next few years. Souths were furious this bloke was snatched from underneath them - Langmack had absolutely no idea how good this bloke can be.

Forget Heckenberg, Chan, Jason Cayless, Michael Hodgson and co.

This is the man that will make more of an impact.

Not since Adam Ritson came to the club have I anticipated a forward coming to the club.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Colonel Eel said:
Fui Fui Moi Moi.

Forget Heckenberg, Chan, Jason Cayless, Michael Hodgson and co.

This is the man that will make more of an impact.

Not since Adam Ritson came to the club have I anticipated a forward coming to the club.

Can we hold you to this, Colonel.

Have your seen him play...or is this hear say.

The Colonel

Immortal
Twizzle said:
Can we hold you to this, Colonel.

Have your seen him play...or is this hear say.

I've seen him play. He will make an impact - maybe not straight away but once his fitness is up watch out.

PJ Marshal

Coach
I heard a story bout him at souths where he showed up to training and trained for 10 minutes then stopped and told the souths coaches, ''I play for 10 minutes, i train for 10 minutes'' :lol:

half

Coach
Disco said:
Is it True that Manly tried to snatch him off u guys?????
don't fret

i'm sure if things don't work out for him at parramatta he'll find his way to manly

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Mr Parra Eels said:
I heard a story bout him at souths where he showed up to training and trained for 10 minutes then stopped and told the souths coaches, ''I play for 10 minutes, i train for 10 minutes'' :lol:

Sounds like Solo..........

The Colonel

Immortal
That was him alright - very headstrong apparently - not about to back down. Langmack wouldn't have known what to do....

Disco

Bench
parrot said:
Disco said:
Is it True that Manly tried to snatch him off u guys?????
don't fret

i'm sure if things don't work out for him at parramatta he'll find his way to manly
Hahahahahahahahaha, not a bad call halfy (for once), but lets just wait until hecks and dunners are carving up next year whilst Cannings is sitting his lazy *ss on the bench

Disco

Bench
Colonel Eel said:
Hasler couldn't get anything out of Dunley two years ago - whats changed since then?
Actually Dunley was carving up 2 years ago, but Sharpy didn't really like him so he was let go, now that hasler is in charge he got him back

The Colonel

Immortal
Of course he was - thats why they sent him to the Tigers, resigned him and let him go again. They do that with any half decent player whose name isn't Menzies.
:lol:

Disco

Bench
Colonel Eel said:
Of course he was - thats why they sent him to the Tigers, resigned him and let him go again. They do that with any half decent player whose name isn't Menzies.
No he wasn't carving up before he went to the tigers, but was when he came back and when i say carving up, i mean he was a good backup who provided some spark off the bench, and thats what we want from him in 04

The Colonel

Immortal
Disco said:
Colonel Eel said:
No he wasn't carving up before he went to the tigers, but was when he came back and when i say carving up, i mean he was a good backup who provided some spark off the bench, and thats what we want from him in 04

The first year he came into grade he along with Adam Hayden were touted as the next big things at Manly. The games he did play were better than average. He wasn't carving up but then again he wasn't alone. Got left to the side a bit.

Then again they seem to have that effect with the next big thing - Dorn, Malu, Hayden, Nevin, Duncan.

A case of where are they now?

Disco

Bench
Colonel Eel said:
Disco said:
Colonel Eel said:

The first year he came into grade he along with Adam Hayden were touted as the next big things at Manly. The games he did play were better than average. He wasn't carving up but then again he wasn't alone. Got left to the side a bit.

Then again they seem to have that effect with the next big thing - Dorn, Malu, Hayden, Nevin, Duncan.

A case of where are they now?
Malu, Duncan & Hayden were never touted as "the next big thing" well not from my memory anyway
Dunley was but never hit great heights in his original stint at manly (did the next year at balmain tho)
Nevin was good but the tigers killed off all his talent
And Dorn well it was a bad case of the second year blues, he could still make it (although it will be at a different club)

The Colonel

Immortal
Malu, Duncan and Hayden were all touted as the next generation - Hayden and Duncan were signed to a new contract on the back of some good games and disappeared not long after. If I remember rightly Lavea and Malu were held in high regard and were going to lead the Eagles back to the top. The top of what exactly remained to be seen.

Nevin was numbed at the Tigers but the Eagles should never have released him in the first place.

Anyway this post is about the legend in the making - Fui Fui "Demolition Man" Moi Moi. :lol: