What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A sinking feeling

Nuffy

Bench
I have a nagging suspicion, actually more like a stone cold certainty that we aren't going to sign any new players this year, we'll end up with the same plodders that we have now.

Its a day before June 30, not a single player has been linked to the Knights, we haven't even been able to sign Abes up yet and the only comment have been our inability to grasp the intricacies of the salary cap.

Not exactly inspiring stuff!!

I truly hope I'm wrong but 2005 is the year in which anything that can go wrong, has so I'm expecting the worst.

Let me know whether you think I'm off target!

Nuffy

Bench
Actually they may be waiting for July 1st before they begin negotiation, its the least we can do.

annav

Juniors
u gotta have money to spend to participate in the market. U recently got a sponsor but it was not a lot of coin.

Ben

Bench
As much as id like to hear all the players the knights are willing to chase, id much rather they keep it quiet until we actually sign someone...we all remember what happened with Carl Webb.

Nuffy said:
Actually they may be waiting for July 1st before they begin negotiation, its the least we can do.

I reckon they are going to come out and surprise us all and finally solve our 5/8th issues and sign Braith Anasata.

They have only got 12 months to be abkle to spend the entire 2007 salary cap before they have a chance to buy new players. Unless they have some more significant upgrades planned for 2006?

Yeah Vanialla Dice - You seem to be a little quiet. What do you think your Mates Tyler and Conway our white Knight are going to do now since Hill has gone? Maybe win 2 games in the season?

annav said:
u gotta have money to spend to participate in the market. U recently got a sponsor but it was not a lot of coin.

Not a lot of coin but plenty of cabbage? $1.3M Its $1.3M MORE than we had last month. Besides our sensible managemnet seem to have spent all of their $3.25M already

Yeah I'm not too confident. Even if we sign BOTH the players that we have been linked to (Davico and Carney), which is highly unlikely, I doubt they are enough to turn us into a premiership force again... particularly given the fact that Carney will only be here on a stop-over on his way to the GC.

I'll be pissed off if we sign a pay cheque, stop over player.

I'd rather by a couple of young fellas from somewhere......

RABK

Referee
The_Joey_Show said:
Yeah I'm not too confident. Even if we sign BOTH the players that we have been linked to (Davico and Carney), which is highly unlikely, I doubt they are enough to turn us into a premiership force again... particularly given the fact that Carney will only be here on a stop-over on his way to the GC.

Mate i feel the complete opposite. IMO at full strength we are a bottom of the 8 team pushing 6th but alas we always have 10 players sitting on the sidelines. I think if we were to keep the bulk of our top 17 on the field then we should be a top 8 team in 2006. Add Carney and Davico to the mix and i reckon we can crack the top 4.

Just about addressing our rehab and facilities during the off season though.....

Yosh

Coach
Yosh!
yeah i think our team aint that bad. we have lost alot of matches where at one point we were either winning or we lost by only a few points. i think our team will get better for the rest of the year and if we spend all the money we can on fixing up out refab and facilities we will definatly be a premiership winning side. also i wouldnt mind signing 2 well known props as well coz i believe our backline aint that bad. im also a firm believer that karmont will become a test centre/winger for his country as soon as he gets his defence up to date.
yosh...

RABK

Referee
Rumour i heard is that Carney is ready to sign with us on Monday. Will be a one year deal with an option for a second. Worth $220,000, If he takes up the option the contract will increase to $275,000 in 2007.

Hardly from a credible source though, a harvey norman sales person infact.

Davester

Juniors
Red and Blue Knight said:
Rumour i heard is that Carney is ready to sign with us on Monday. Will be a one year deal with an option for a second. Worth $220,000, If he takes up the option the contract will increase to $275,000 in 2007.

Hardly from a credible source though, a harvey norman sales person infact.

So we are you saying over the NRL section for Newcastle fans to expect Brian Carney to sign on Monday?

RABK

Referee
Davester said:
So we are you saying over the NRL section for Newcastle fans to expect Brian Carney to sign on Monday?

Because i believe it is true. All signs point to Newcastle.

Nuffy

Bench
This is how shabby we've become, heres a list of higher profile off contract players and we aren't linked to a single one.

http://www.sportsnews.com.au/news.php?extend.2012

Jeez we are going to end up with some sh*t for 06. The scary thing is that we need to be restocking and preparing for life after Joey and it seems our team for 06 is likely to be worse than 05...............if thats possible.

Heaven help us.