What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Tricky proposition.

DJDL

Bench
Tricky 7
Nacho 6.

that’s when we win it all.

I definitely like the sound of this combination and I think we'll see plenty of it by season's end.
Moylan still has that touch of class about him, but he's starting to show his age more by the week.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I want to see it by middle of the season, however, the strength of Fitz's core value of loyalty might see me waiting till Moyza is at Catalans or Toulouse.

Mind you Moyza was a 7/10 last night for me. As opposed to his 3/10 versus Souths

coolumsharkie

Referee
He can kick goals too, not sure he gets through the line like Moylan did last night but he's got a different skill set that would compliment Hynes better than he combines with Moyzah imo. Could do with an extra yard of pace if I wanted to nit-pick but I still think Moylan is ahead of him with our current backline.

Stake Removed

First Grade
He can kick goals too, not sure he gets through the line like Moylan did last night but he's got a different skill set that would compliment Hynes better than he combines with Moyzah imo. Could do with an extra yard of pace if I wanted to nit-pick but I still think Moylan is ahead of him with our current backline.
Another factor re Trindall, if he in on par with Moylan, the benefits of Trindall as a goal kicker, does that then put him in front.
Hynes with calf issue

Special K

Coach
Moylan and Nicho work really well together.

Trindall and Nicho have had limited games and look clunky. Tricky either tries to do too much or is too quiet.

It will work out. Great that Trindall signed on

ragzouken

Juniors
wouldn’t want to see it this season think it’s a totally different style to what we would of been practicing and how nicho want to play, although tinfoil hat in me says nicho isn’t that injured and is just resting up after a long offseason and a delayed preseason giving Brandon a trial by fire.

wouldn’t want to see it this season think it’s a totally different style to what we would of been practicing and how nicho want to play, although tinfoil hat in me says nicho isn’t that injured and is just resting up after a long offseason and a delayed preseason giving Brandon a trial by fire.
I'm with you in the tinfoil hat idea that Nicho isn't injured.

Last edited:

sladden road

Juniors
Trickys kicking game is getting real nice. That 40/20 last week and the lucky one this week also.
Plus 5/5.

MM is great a creating space. Though I feel having two Cam Munster like headless chcoxks can be rocks or diamonds. Tricky brings a steady hand. He will only get better. When MM is ready to leave Tricky will be ready.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I think if we can get Moyza, Nico, Tricky in the 17 could be crucial how far we go.

Nico is the given.
The options with Moyza and Tricky.

Moyza 5/8, or does Fitz have him on the bench, much like Bennet did with Benji at Rabbits he could cover hooker at a pinch, depending how game is going Moyza comes on, also if game looks over gives Hynes a break.
Tricky again 5/8. The bench he has struggled in past coming off, though Fitz may still see this.
Hooker for Brailey would be a big call.
The one I wouldnt mind seeing is Trindall start at 5/8 after 20 Moyza on Trindall to playing the small forward lock is a ball player, would increase tempo of game.
It also allows which seen in past Nico likes to run on 4th we have a genuine long kicker then.
He has earnt his spot so far

sladden road

Juniors
I reckon it’s all MM this year ….next year different story.
Wouldn’t surprise me to see him Tricky swap roles.

give the headless chooks two years and then maybe go back to the combos that have worked before…..

organiser
Game breaker

TRIALS

Juniors
Ready made replacement for Moyza, weather it's next year of 25, will be dictated by Moyza. In the mean time we roll with the best back up in the comp.

Special K

Coach
Trickys kicking game is getting real nice. That 40/20 last week and the lucky one this week also.
Plus 5/5.

MM is great a creating space. Though I feel having two Cam Munster like headless chcoxks can be rocks or diamonds. Tricky brings a steady hand. He will only get better. When MM is ready to leave Tricky will be ready.
Totally get it. I think Nicho "needs" to be the man though. I'm not sure he would be able to let Trindall run the side (rightly or wrongly) and when we have seen things in the past they both do not want to get in the way of the other.

Nicho and Moylan are headless cooks for sure but Nicho is the one in charge. Nicho said when he first talked to Moylan he has never had that sort of connection how they want to play/attack. Perhaps your theory of give them this year and see then force it at the end of this is the way to go. Trindall as an out and out controlling 7 and Nicho a running 6 sounds great. Right now we have two 6's who just are relentless in attack/trying to score. I assume we are banking on Nicho maturing and controlling this year.