What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aaron Woods - Cronulla Shark

kdalymc

Bench
Thinking “he plays Origin and for Australia” makes him a good player, is like saying “Despacito sold 2 billiion” it must be the best song ever....

carcharias

Immortal
Thinking “he plays Origin and for Australia” makes him a good player, is like saying “Despacito sold 2 billiion” it must be the best song ever....

No idea what that song is but I’m guessing 12 year old girls don’t pick the rep teams.
So your analogy is pretty f**kin geniused.

Xcalibre

Juniors
Woods played for Aus last year as a starting prop?
Coming off the bench for us this year while dogs help pay for it.
Hilarious.
He’ll love the club and it’ll show in his form.

The delusion is strong in the shire. Hilarious.
Thinking the Bulldogs somehow were coerced (you'll have to google that) into releasing Woods to the Sharks... Hilarioussss. Even if they only got $500k off their books they're better off.

I bet almost all Bulldogs fans are happy with the deal. I wouldn't know, I don't follow them. Just love a good laugh at the shire scum's expense .

Xcalibre

Juniors
Bulldogs really struggled without him

Sure did. His basic errors and penalties he gives away would've really helped. And when your best prop is Klemmer you know you're struggling.

Anyway, well done to the Sharks for being the club to get his signature. Only zero others tried.
Boner was amazing in his first match. Plans are already underway to erect a statue.

carcharias

Immortal
Yep

Woods wins in his first game for the sharks.

It was worth two lengthy posts by the previous poster.

...ey numbski
He won!

McLovin

Staff member
Based on some of these responses, I think Woods has rooted a few posters missus'...

Tiger5150

Bench
Sorry, that is not how it reads to me, but I get what you are saying now.

I agree his style is not aggressive, and it will be masked with our pack, and his main attribute (offloading, especially in heavy traffic) will add something we need.

I actually don't care if people think he was a bad acquisition or if they don't rate our team.

And I like the Tigers, and most their fans on these forums are good value.

I usually don't bite when baited by fans of other teams as threads can devolve into slanging matches, which is painful for anyone else to wade through and wrecks the sensible contributions of others.

But I got caught up with a few (? maybe just one?) Tigers fans who seemed to be attacking Sharks fans and the Sharks team in this thread. Not that it matters. But the Tigers are not doing so much better than the Sharks that Tigers fans really can feel smug about the Shark's decisions. I was trying to express this, but it was a wasted effort as it seems there is only one Tiger's fan slinging crap and they don't know what salty means.

In reality, both our teams are having inconsistent seasons, showing some good signs, but need to improve. Both are good defensively and need more attack.

I'm hoping Woods helps with his offloads as a different point if attack. He is a better threat than Seumanafagai so he improves our squad.

Your attack is stilted from dummy half and Farah should help with that. He never would have been a problem to the culture or threat to the coach as he seemed to be, if Cleary was the coach at the time, so it is good to see him come home.

Hopefully both teams will improve and that will be enough to keep the Broncos out of the 8!

Yeah mate, not baiting.

I Like Woods when he was at the Tigers but ONLY for the fact that he got 100+m a game. No one else at the Tigers would consistently and I was grateful for that from Woodsy. I think his behaviour at the end as Captain but shopping a package deal of him, Teddy & Moses was poor, but to Woods credit even after he signed with the Dogs, he continued to put in at the Tigers.

Woods isnt terrible but he isnt as good as the hype surrounding him as well. Dogs fans hated him but I think that was alot to do with his price tag. He just isnt that kind of prop. He will give you good consistent metres.

Tiger5150

Bench
His play the ball speed was 3.11 seconds, the second fastest of all our players with only James Segeyaro being faster. Landing on his back or drawing in 3-4 defenders each time does not directly affect his PTB speed, which was fantastic. The one time he did back into the defence, he gave a magical offload to Moylan and the Sharks scored directly off it.

For comparison, Andrew Fifita averaged 7.9m/run, Dylan Napa averaged 8m/run, James Graham averaged 8.25m/run. All noted hardmen. Meanwhile, Aaron Woods averaged 8.3m/run. Not bad for a 'soft' runner.

Myth busted.

So when I post "his stats are always good" , you follow it up with more stats?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
lol@ butt hurt bulldogs fans....obviously not all.

Sign Woods, then bag others for doing the same @ half price.

Such geniusedness

mozza91

Coach
Nice to see that someone will step into Gallen’s role of completely stifling Cronulla’s attack with ineffective runs late in the set.

Latest posts