What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aaron Woods

Gareth67

First Grade
Aaron Woods has been offered 950K by the Sharks, 3 year deal starting 2019.
But Woods wants to go back to the Tigers and play with his mates. He is happy to take a 700K contract at the Tigers, he is a big fan of Cleary and the feelings are mutual. If Tigers can fit Aaron in he'll be a tiger, if they can't make it work then he will likely be a Shark.

Where in the name of hell do they get the money from ? How much money were the ' BIG 3 ' on when at the Tigers and how much of that has already been spent on newcomers to the club this year ? Yet they can still afford to buy one of those players back . The only conclusion that I can come to is that they have employed the services of the accountancy firm ' Hasler & Castle ' .

Crush

Coach
Where in the name of hell do they get the money from ? How much money were the ' BIG 3 ' on when at the Tigers and how much of that has already been spent on newcomers to the club this year ? Yet they can still afford to buy one of those players back . The only conclusion that I can come to is that they have employed the services of the accountancy firm ' Hasler & Castle ' .
I don't think they do have the money.
To get woods back they will have to let someone go.

Clifferd

Coach

We aren’t the roosters. He won’t be coming here

martielang

Bench
I’m not a Dragons fan & I’m not even sure why/how I’m reading this thread but after what I saw on Saturday night, if you could offload Graham (retirement?) & pick up Woods at the end of the season, that substantially improves your side. It’s the flavour of the week to shit on the bloke but Woods still has a hell of a lot to offer & is still relatively young for a prop.

Brutalitops

Juniors
I’m not a Dragons fan & I’m not even sure why/how I’m reading this thread but after what I saw on Saturday night, if you could offload Graham (retirement?) & pick up Woods at the end of the season, that substantially improves your side. It’s the flavour of the week to shit on the bloke but Woods still has a hell of a lot to offer & is still relatively young for a prop.
Bulldogs took that exact deal last year, I think we'll steer clear of that particular swap

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Surely, asking about the acquisition of Woods is a rhetorical question?

No thanks.

However, I'm worried that my initial concern that Graham won't be able to see out his three-year contact - due to 'tired legs' - is being realised.

Another experienced prop would be a good thing, especially now as Au Mau is departing.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Surely, asking about the acquisition of Woods is a rhetorical question?

No thanks.

However, I'm worried that my initial concern that Graham won't be able to see out his three-year contact - due to 'tired legs' - is being realised.

Another experienced prop would be a good thing, especially now as Au Mau is departing.
Hope you are wrong about Graham but the signs are there over the past month that he is either playing busted or is simply nearing the end. I will keep believing he is a massive positive to the psych of the rest of the team but in the end we can't carry him, front rower is too important a role.

Sign him on as new coach, it would be an improvement...

Bench
I think we need to sign one maybe two,props next season one to replace LAM and one to cover Graham.
I’m glad we have not been linked to some of the props coming off contract with other clubs. I hope Millward is taking care of business behind the scenes.
Is that English forward still on our radar. Anyone know where that stands

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Hope you are wrong about Graham but the signs are there over the past month that he is either playing busted or is simply nearing the end. I will keep believing he is a massive positive to the psych of the rest of the team but in the end we can't carry him, front rower is too important a role.

Sign him on as new coach, it would be an improvement...

Yes, my concern is Graham is showing signs of being old.

Someone please tell me why he is doing extra training, yet he looks really tired trying to run.
Injury, as some have said?
Age?
Or both?

ouryears

Bench
As Brutalitops has said , the man really does lack that grunt , the ooophm that one would expect from a player of his size . However with the right coach and also the right attitude , that is realising that he needs to pick his game up , he would still be a very good forward .
However it is up to him to make a conscious decision that he must improve his game .
Would any of us marry our mother in law?

Why then would any one on this forum even consider Sharon Woods.

He can't play.

The end.

ouryears

Bench
I used to like the old ass barge back in the day.

Thought he was going to be the next best thing, guess he was for a while? Have come to think now he's just a meter eater and little else. His offload numbers seem great on paper, but constantly turning your ass to the defence and throwing useless passes never looks good.
Spot on mate, imagine him hitting the line hard, getting through or part of the way through.... and offloading a pass to a fast running support player.

Ummmm, no I can't imagine that

Gareth67

First Grade
Would any of us marry our mother in law?

Why then would any one on this forum even consider Sharon Woods.

He can't play.

The end.

Matey , if the bloke did get that big arse of his into gear and also played his footy with the right attitude he would prove to be a good buy . However in saying that he must have the right coach , someone who would tell him in no uncertain terms that right now , at least at this point in his career he is merely taking up valuable space and therefore must pick his game up .

There has been many players over the years whom have found themselves in a similar situation as Woods is now , some accept the challenge and fufill their true potential where as others do not and fall by the wayside .

Imo , he still has a lot to offer , but not at the Tigers , there is no point returning home to mummy where the bad people will stop calling you names . The player needs to ' man - up ' , accept the fact that he has been lazy and prove to himself at least that he is made of the right stuff . A place such as Newcastle would not only give him a new start , but I believe a new lease on life .

possm

Coach
I think we need to sign one maybe two,props next season one to replace LAM and one to cover Graham.
I’m glad we have not been linked to some of the props coming off contract with other clubs. I hope Millward is taking care of business behind the scenes.
Is that English forward still on our radar. Anyone know where that stands
He signed a 4 year deal with St Helen's.