What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ABC TV to Show Tests from the 60's and 70's

LeagueXIII

First Grade
In January the ABC's Late Night Legends programme will show the following Tests from the past:

Week 10, Rugby League Tests

• 37. January 8 - Australia v Great Britiain, 1966 - Test 1
  • 38. January 9 - Australia v Great Britiain, 1966 - Test 3
  • 39. January 10 - Australia v New Zealand, 1967 - Test 2
  • 40. January 11 - Australia v New Zealand, 1972 - Test 1 & 2
Ian Collis rated one of the 1966 tests as equal to the recent TN final as the greatest test he had seen. Should be good viewing.

Quigs

Immortal
Bloody Beauty.... and no farrr can Holden 47 ads, 23minute break halftime either.

Cheers
Quigs

innsaneink

Referee
GoTheBears said:
man i had my hope up, but no, its abc 2:(

Yeah always has been, I been watching Cricket in the 50's 60's 70's etc and the ad for late nite legends is always on after it, was thinking to meself not lomng ago we're due for some more real footy soon....

The Preacher

First Grade
How good will that be !!! :D
I hope the judiciary watches to see how sanitised today's footy really is.
4 nights in a row, Warm the set and cool the tinnies. What a cracker.
Where's Big Kev when you need him ?? I'M EXCITED :crazy:

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Five eighths with skill and guile, proper scrums, set plays, no "hit-ups" or quick play the balls, rules being followed etc

OVP

Coach
Damnit !! The ONLY channel i CANT get. FFS bugger the digital sh*t ABC, look after your analogue fans too ffs !. Your station has EASILY the WORST reception out of ALL the TV CHANNELS. Do something ffs !!

nqboy

First Grade
LeagueXIII said:
Five eighths with skill and guile, proper scrums, set plays, no "hit-ups" or quick play the balls, rules being followed etc
King hits, cheap shots...

Copa

Bench
Redback71 said:
so to get abc 2 do u need a digital reciever
The receivers are getting cheaper al the time... electronics stores and the department store carry some cheap, yet reasonable, lines.

nqboy

First Grade
Can I watch that on the ABC channel on Austar? I don't have a digital receiver that I know of but I have digital Austar coverage.

Latest posts