What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

about Mata'utia

BennyV

Referee
Good read. I read about his injury when I heard we signed him, sounded pretty gruesome and he's done well to make it back. I'm very keen to see what he can offer us. Would be interesting to see if his brother are worth a look in too!

aqua_duck

Coach
Peter is a very nice guy and has a lot of ability. He's not your stereotypical Polynesian player who's blessed with physical gifts, probably lacks a yard of pace and a few inches in height, however he's got very good skills, nice hands, very good at setting up his winger. His two youngest siblings are the best of the four brothers, can't see Newcastle letting them go especially Sione who captained the Australian Schoolboys team last year and is training with the 1st grade squad despite being only 17. I can see Chanel ending up at the dragons though

BennyV

Referee
Peter is a very nice guy and has a lot of ability. He's not your stereotypical Polynesian player who's blessed with physical gifts, probably lacks a yard of pace and a few inches in height, however he's got very good skills, nice hands, very good at setting up his winger. His two youngest siblings are the best of the four brothers, can't see Newcastle letting them go especially Sione who captained the Australian Schoolboys team last year and is training with the 1st grade squad despite being only 17. I can see Chanel ending up at the dragons though

What position do they play?

Newcastle don't have to release them, we just have to make them a better offer than Newcastle and if they are good enough, there's no reason we cant! I mean, what better offer is there than the chance to play alongside Dugan...

bottle

Coach
What position do they play?

Newcastle don't have to release them, we just have to make them a better offer than Newcastle and if they are good enough, there's no reason we cant! I mean, what better offer is there than the chance to play alongside Dugan...

You left out the 'The'.

watatank

Coach

Was Chanel the winger that played U20s Origin for NSW? I remember he was pretty much the worst player on the field.

watatank

Coach
I shouldn't hold it against him, because Stockwell played that game and dropped a lot of ball as well. But we already know Stockwell can play :D

BrissyRedV

Bench
I am looking forward to seeing Mata'utia play. Hopefully puts a lot of pressure on the 1st grade guys and really pushes for a position.

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
Souths fans might have taken a while to figure out the Chanel number 5 reference !
Maybe they would be quicker if his nickname was brut, and he was the 3rd bench player in reserve grade ?