What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AC/DC new album

Simo

First Grade
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]AC/DC Recording New CD[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica].[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica](antiMusic) Good news for AC/DC fans, the REAL Thunder From Down Under are working on a new album. Frontman Brian Johnson spoke with Daily Record as The Classic Rock Cares tour rolled through town and asked him about plans for AC/DC. It's been half a decade since their last effort "Stiff Upper Lip" hit stores and almost as long since the world's great live rock n' roll band took their show on the road.[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]"Malcom and Angus (Young, the brothers who are the group's co-founders and chief composers) are in the studio," Brian told Daily Record. "There's an album in the works, and a tour, too, I think. The boys are working' on something special. They don't want to do just another album."[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]
[/FONT]
http://www.antimusic.com/news/07/july/16-05.shtml

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Im not the biggest AC/DC fan but love some of their work.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]You reckon they still got it or should be added to the long list of bands that should have retired gracefully?
[/FONT]

fat_mike

Juniors
retired gracefulyl while doing the odd massive festival show.

maybe that would lead to jet pissin off aswell. this could give jet another 2 albums worth of riffs to rip off

carcharias

Immortal
griffo346 said:
if AC/DC tour i will for sure see them
I saw them last time at the Ent Cent and was very very impressed.

They are super duper tight ...Malcolm Young is the god of all rock n Roll engine rooms.

They don't need to put out anymore albums though IMO....
If they do I hope the lyrics are not too lame this time.

Nuke

Staff member
I'll be seeing them if they tour (and come to Perth).

I was at the Bon Scott Memorial Concert here in February, and that was a great show. The Screaming Jets, Rose Tattoo, The Angels (minus Doc Neeson), a member of Status Quo, the original singer of AC/DC, and a couple of others put on a show in aid of getting a statue of Bon erected in Fremantle. More than enough money was raised, and I believe they're in the process of making it now. I have no idea when it's getting unveiled though. I think they said 'later in 2007'. Could've been early 2008 though. I have a bad memory sometimes!
The concert was songs from the bands (ie: Screaming Jets did their set using songs such as 'Helping Hand', 'October Grey', 'Better', ect) plus one or two AC/DC songs from Bon's era. The last 5 or 6 songs were 'duets' as such (the Status Quo fella + Angry Anderson + someone else as an example). The finale was -as you'd expect- an 'all-star' version of 'It's A Long Way To The Top' - complete with the pipe band from Bon's high school.

Somone had heard a rumour Angus Young was gonna be there, so occasionally the chant went up for him, but he either wasn't there or didn't want to show his face. Personally, I don't think he was there. It would've made the show even better if he was though!

Latest posts