What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accusations fly after NZ upset

Rovelli

Bench
It used to be the ESL with the slow PTB and the NRL was a fast-paced game; now it's the opposite way around.

It's ironic, however, that the Storm are complaining.

The Gambler

Juniors
Yeah that was one of the best things I've ever seen in footy.

Hoffman and some of the other storm having a big old cry after getting owned.

Hope we knock em out this week!
Shows a bit of passion. Alot of coaches would kill for players as passionate as that in my opinion.

dubby

Bench
Can i ask why is it when Melbourne lose a match everyone in the melbourne camp feel obliged to have a whinge about the other team.

Its funnier that Cam smith calls price a whinger but every time the storm lose him and Bellamy are the first to jump up and down. :roll:

Because they are bad sports thats why.

Being able to lose with dignity is something the storm havent learned yet.

Apey

Staff member
You don't have to wait for another great Melbourne display; WWE have plenty of DVDs on sale

I am talking about the forum display that follows. Not really fond of how they play.

Another whiner.

drake

First Grade
I am talking about the forum display that follows. Not really fond of how they play.

Another whiner.
Excellent. You keep accepting mediocrity rather than complain about it. Stiff upper lip works a treat for changing nothing.

Another wanker.

parramaniac2516

Juniors
It used to be the ESL with the slow PTB and the NRL was a fast-paced game; now it's the opposite way around.

It's ironic, however, that the Storm are complaining.

I think the Last season we saw fast attacking Football was in 2005 When the Tigers won the comp.

Since then Melbourne have had a stranglehold on the comp except there are a few teams who's style of play the storm struggle with. These are normally the Warriors and tigers who throw the ball around and try to increase the speed around the ruck.

The games Melbourne lose is when they more often then not lose control of the ruck and the play the ball and cannot slow the play the ball down.

Apey

Staff member
Excellent. You keep accepting mediocrity rather than complain about it. Stiff upper lip works a treat for changing nothing.

Another wanker.

So touchy :(

Bitching about in on the forums is going to help isn't it..

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
The Warriors were definitely slow to get off the player yesterday but that was simply smart play- they saw how far the Storm were pushing the ref and returned the favour. However they weren't using the same techniques to do it, there'sa big difference between laying on a player for a bit longer and twisting his head off.

100% correct, the warriors weren't using their heads, elbows and knees to hold players down or trying to twist the head of the opposition player. These are storm tactics and this is why opposition teams and fans are consistently complaining. People aren't makin up false allegations, we see these tactics EVERY game.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I think the Last season we saw fast attacking Football was in 2005 When the Tigers won the comp.

Since then Melbourne have had a stranglehold on the comp except there are a few teams who's style of play the storm struggle with. These are normally the Warriors and tigers who throw the ball around and try to increase the speed around the ruck.

The games Melbourne lose is when they more often then not lose control of the ruck and the play the ball and cannot slow the play the ball down.

Not true for the 2008 Warriors, we've beaten the Storm (and other sides) with tight, disciplined middle-third football for the most part this year. We get the odd try from 2002 Warriors style ad-lib stuff, but no more than other sides do.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
0,5001,6250220,00.jpg

Price is no bloody angel...sooking to the ref every 5 minutes...has done this his whole career yet is seen as a respected player in the media's eyes.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
Price is no bloody angel...sooking to the ref every 5 minutes...has done this his whole career yet is seen as a respected player in the media's eyes.

What so he deserves getting his face raped by White's forehead? I'm just glad a referee finally had the balls to penalise that disgraceful tactic!!

mb63

Juniors
Actually I did notice a few weird tackles by Melbourne during the game. A few times the head seemed to be wrenched various angles, but at the same time maybe this is normal and I'm just programmed to notice it more from Melbourne.
I'm sure you'll try & notice it this week.No charges laid for grapples from yesterday's game.