What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accusations fly after NZ upset

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
To be honest I would be happy for every captain to complain every week if it means the NRL will actually pay some attention and cut this crap out of the game. I hate the use of foreheads, forearms, elbows and knees in the ruck and apart from one off dirty plays from certain players I haven't noticed it from any other team bar Melbourne who do it every game (except when the media were all over them, so they cleaned it up a little for a game or two until $BW stole the headlines from them).

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Well, the situation is simple for Melbourne. Stop your idiiotic tackling and play the game like every other team and nobody will say a bad word and get back to hating the Roosters and Sea Eagles. It's not hard, is it Melbourne? You want to be champions, sure feel free. But do it within the rules and don't play innocent with your:
'I don't know what that bulls**t is.' act and we'll let you win.

If you weren't 'grappling the Warriors' explain how it is that on two seperate occassions Mannering nearly had his head taken off, Price had his body yanked in two directions, and three differnt neck crusher tackles landed on Tate?

drake

First Grade
Agree...but as a Leader did you see Wiki whinging every 5 mins, he just copped it and got on with it...legend leader and player.
I reckon Reuben would advise you to give yourself a few uppercuts. Price isn't a whiner, he's a good captain. Wiki probably says nothing because it's Pricey's role to talk to the ref. Have a bit of mana, Kia Ora.

fred92

Juniors
It used to be the ESL with the slow PTB and the NRL was a fast-paced game; now it's the opposite way around.

It's ironic, however, that the Storm are complaining.
It suits the N.R.L.to slow the game down giving less talented teams time to set their defensive patterns The N.R.L have always bragged how the salary cap will see all teams relatively equal and for the most part they are I believe this fact is mostly influenced by other factors e.g.players allowed to hold down ball players,referee and video ref decisions on the field of play.and others too numerable to mention.

the bondi spy

Juniors
It suits the N.R.L.to slow the game down giving less talented teams time to set their defensive patterns The N.R.L have always bragged how the salary cap will see all teams relatively equal and for the most part they are I believe this fact is mostly influenced by other factors e.g.players allowed to hold down ball players,referee and video ref decisions on the field of play.and others too numerable to mention.

Nicely said Fred 92. The NRL are so obsessed about an equal competition they have forgotten or more likeley dont know how to make money. They are run by a muppet who has his head up his ass while other codes are making giant inroads into our marketshare.

kbw

Bench
Its not great but all the teams do it, maybe its just tha Melb do it better (or worse depending on your view) than anyone else. I though Robinson did well and pulled some penalties out of the hat that normally would get let go, but I think it was fair enough to penalise.

I am more concerned about the lack of penalties for offside, flops and taking far too long to get off the player. Markers seem only to get penalised for around 25% they are offside.

Price is a whinging old man, he can play, but he has no integrity or honour in my opinion because of his whinging and love of the under the table payment

t1tan

Juniors
Agree...but as a Leader did you see Wiki whinging every 5 mins, he just copped it and got on with it...legend leader and player.
So IYO whinging about being grappled is as bad as the grapple itself,and the best way to deal with it is to ignore it :sarcasm:

I'm waiting for Melbourne 2 roll out there 2 favourite defences for this sh*t
"We don't coach it"
"Everyone does it"

They contradict each other a bit don't you think?

dubby

Bench
Wiki isn't captain.

Also, Price is one of our best players and Wiki is probably our worst.

:evil:

Those are fighting words to a raiders legend. How dare you say Wiki is your worst when you have players like Ropati who is as unreliable as they come and then there is Michael Witt who if he couldnt kick goals would be playing for Wagga Lions?

no name

Coach
[/b]

:evil:

Those are fighting words to a raiders legend. How dare you say Wiki is your worst when you have players like Ropati who is as unreliable as they come and then there is Michael Witt who if he couldnt kick goals would be playing for Wagga Lions?

Reserve grade at that

Shorty

Staff member
I notice Smith has come out and said Melbourne lost the game more than the Warriors won it.
LOL Looks like they'll lose to Brisbane,haven't learned a damn thing.
They're the Serena Williams on League,can't admit when they've been beaten!

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Yeah I read about that yesterday and that was just too funny.

So in other words Smith is saying that the Storm 'threw' the game on purpose? MATCH FIXING!!!

MSIH

Bench
I remember Steve Price used the same line when they lost to Manly.

They're both stains.

Shorty

Staff member
Well there are certain games where a side has moreso lost it rather than the opposition won it.
The game on Sunday certainly wasn't the case,the Storm were outplayed and beaten.

How can it be about the Storm losing more when the f**king Warriors scored in the dying moments?