What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Clune

Dragonslayer

First Grade
clunea-200620_sd_04.jpg

MEDIA RELEASE

Clune makes 2020 NRL academic team of the year
Author
NRL Media Release NRL Media
Timestamp
Sat 14 Nov 2020, 08:01 AM

The NRL and the RLPA have announced the 2020 Academic Team of the Year, celebrating the academic achievements of the game's stars.

Included in this year's Academic Team of the Year is the first player in the fulltime professional era to complete a Master's Degree while still playing, Gold Coast Titans' Anthony Don. There are six other current players undertaking a Master's program.

Don was awarded the "2020 Academic Male of the Year", while New Zealand Warriors' Kirra Dibb took out "Female of the Year" honours.

NRL CEO Andrew Abdo congratulated all the players named in the Team of the Year, along with all players who have furthered their education in such a challenging environment.

"This year's Academic Team of the Year will be remembered as one of the most disciplined and determined,'' he said.

"Our squads have been in a biosecurity bubble all year but the commitment of these players to continue to further their studies during the pandemic is a remarkable achievement.

"As a game we are very proud to have around 100 players who have completed or are completing tertiary degrees and a further 100 who are completing traditional trades. Rugby league is about teamwork, communication, discipline and focus. When you combine those skills with the study a significant portion of our playing group is doing, our players are well prepared to enter the workforce after their career.

"We'll continue to invest heavily in the education and wellbeing area to ensure our players are prepared for life after rugby league."

RLPA Chief Executive Clint Newton said education should always be a priority for the game.

"We congratulate the academic achievements of these individuals, who are rightfully being celebrated for their continued engagement in career development, despite the many challenges season 2020 has placed before them," Mr Newton said.

"We need to continue supporting and championing players, investing in their future by prioritising education and professional development."

NRL Wellbeing & Education Manager, Paul Heptonstall said of 550 contracted players, 93 current NRL players have completed or are completing a University Degree, while seven players are doing a Masters degree, through 32 different universities.

A further 106 players are completing traditional trades while a total of 610 VET qualifications have been achieved by all the Players.

"We have 84 percent of players currently engaged in career development," Mr Heptonstall said.

"We have long believed, and it is backed up by research, that players who further their education are more likely to succeed on the field.

"It is also pleasing to see some of our most successful Clubs off the field as some of the most engaged Clubs with their off-field development and education."

2020 NRL Academic Team of the Year
  • Rhys Kennedy (Completed Bachelor of Exercise Science and Cert III in fitness, University of Wollongong)
  • Connor Tracey (Completed a Bachelor of Accounting and Financial Services, currently completing a Post Grad Cert in - Chartered Financial Analyst, CFA Institute)
  • Anthony Don (Completed a Masters of Business Administration 2020 & Completed a Bachelor of Education 2011, University of New England)
  • Christian Welch (Completed a Bachelor of Commerce and currently completing a Masters of Business, University of New South Wales)
  • Jayden Brailey (Currently completing a Bachelor of Exercise sports Science, Australian Catholic University)
  • Jake Granville (Currently completing a Carpentry Apprenticeship and Diploma of Business Management & Hospitality)
  • Reed Mahoney (Completed Cert IV in Business, Education Support & III & IV Fitness and Diploma in Business, currently completing a Bachelor Sport Business, Australian College of Physical Education)
  • Adam Clune (Completed a Bachelor of Laws-Bachelor of Commerce (Finance) with distinction, University of Wollongong)
  • Euan Aitken (Completed a Cert IV in Fitness, currently completing a Bachelor of Exercise Science and Completed a Cert IV in New Small Business, University of Wollongong)
  • Nat Butcher (Completed Diploma in Business & Cert IV in Small Business Management, currently completing a Bachelor of Business Administration, Australian Catholic University)
  • Matt Ikuvalu (Completed Certificate III in fitness and Cert IV in Community & Recreation, currently completing a Bachelor of Teaching (Honours), University of Newcastle)
  • Alex Twal (Completed a Bachelor of Commerce (2020) & Cert III in Fitness, Australian Catholic University)
  • Kirra Dibb (Currently completing a Bachelor of Applied Science - Exercise Physiology, University of Sydney)

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/11/14/clune-makes-2020-nrl-academic-team-of-the-year/

At least Aitken learnt to pass something.

getsmarty

Immortal
St George Illawarra Dragons' maths-mad halfback Adam Clune brings degrees in law and finance to NRL
ABC Illawarra
/
By Justin Huntsdale

Posted 3hhours ago
12980738-16x9-xlarge.jpg

Adam Clune says professional sportspeople are prioritising education in preparation for life after football.(ABC Illawarra: Justin Huntsdale)

In Australia, impersonating the cliched, repetitive and short answers of a rugby league player's post-match interview is a common joke.

It is an extension of the stereotype that football players are all brawn and no brains.

Key points:
  • When Adam Clune made his NRL debut, he had a double degree under his belt
  • Not only were both of his parents schoolteachers, but his father was also his principal
  • A late bloomer as a footballer, it was perfect timing to allow for his studies
While many professional rugby league players debut as young men fresh out of high school, Adam Clune first pulled on his St George Illawarra Dragons jersey in his mid-20s holding a double degree in law and finance after graduating with distinction.

"If my story can help change the [negative] stereotype that will definitely be positive, but a lot of players are prioritising education more and understanding a footy career will end at some stage," he said.

"We've got good welfare staff here who encourage the boys to get involved in a trade or a degree and the stereotype will vanish in the years to come."

Clune completed his degrees at the University of Wollongong while juggling a promising football career.

While playing in the lower grades, he would use sport and study to offset each other.

"It's sometimes good to get away from footy and they were a break from one another," Clune said.

"If I got sick of doing uni work, footy was an outlet for that, or if footy training was a bit demanding, I could go and train the mind a bit more.

"I was able to do it well enough to enjoy doing both at the same time."

12980818-3x2-xlarge.jpg

St George Illawarra halfback Adam Clune was called into the first grade NRL side last season, aged 25.(ABC Illawarra: Justin Huntsdale)
Studying under the school principal at home
Not only were both of Clune's parents schoolteachers, but his father was also his principal.

"You never want to fall out of line when your dad's the principal — I had to deal with him at home, so I didn't want to have to deal with him at school," Clune said.

"Going to university was always something I thought about because my parents had been, and I'm not that hands-on to become a tradie.

"Uni was the path I saw for myself and I'm glad I knocked that over now so I can focus on my footy."

In football terms, he was a late bloomer, but the timing was perfect for finishing two demanding degrees before taking on the challenge of playing in the NRL.

12368442-3x2-xlarge.jpg

The University of Wollongong has a partnership with the St George Illawarra Dragons to help their players with tertiary study.(ABC Illawarra: Sarah Harvey)
A childhood love for maths
As a school student, Clune would most look forward to maths class.

In fact, even after he started studying law in Wollongong, he added a finance degree because he missed working with numbers.

Like most professional athletes, he excelled at physical education subjects, but his love for legal studies and maths soon mapped out his tertiary education plan.

"I still do some part-time work with the Rugby League Players Association, working with the general manager of finance, so that means I can do some finance work," Clune said.

"To be involved in the game [after retirement] in some capacity would be good, but I'd like to move into some sort of management role where I can apply both of my degrees.

"That's a little way down the track, hopefully."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12...gree-nrl-dragon-blending-sport-study/12981540

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons: Clune looking to be more than a one-hit wonder
Dragons Den
r0_0_2662_1929_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

FRESH START: Adam Clune is looking to build on his debut NRL season. Picture: NRL Imagery
THE Dragons halves picture is currently about as clear as a Jackson Pollock painting, but incumbent No. 7 Adam Clune isn't about to meekly surrender the jumper he made his own last season.

In a reward for persistence, Clune debuted on his 25th birthday in round four last season and went on to play a further 14 games, missing just two due to injury. Having spent the previous five years as a part-timer with the club, his form was enough to earn a two-year contract extension and walk off the field in round 20 with the seven on his back.

The belated debut was a good news story in a season with conspicuously few others for the Dragons, but Clune says he's not looking to hang his hat on merely breaking into the NRL.

"You don't really reflect on it too much until people ask you about it," Clune said of his debut season.

"Obviously I'm really proud to get there but hopefully it's just the start. I don't want to come in and [just] play 15 games, I really want to push for a long career. After a fair while grinding away part time, it's an awesome feeling to be able to come here every day and just focus on my footy.

"I think [what I have] coming into preseason, even more than when I was playing last year, is that belief. It took me a while to debut and probably looked like it wasn't going to happen there at one stage, but I've really got that belief now that I can come in and guide the team around and do the job as a seven, or a six if need be.

"I really feel I've got a lot to offer the Dragons. I want to be here a long time and help get the club to a premiership. That's what I'm looking forward to."

That Clune became the only constant in a wildly changing spine last season says plenty about the club's campaign. That a little more than minimum wage 15-gamer could be a genuine chance at unseating one of two million-dollar halves is even stranger, but it's a reality.

Read more: Competition on for young and old at the Dragons

Big-money pair Corey Norman and Ben Hunt endured indifferent seasons, with Norman dropped twice and Hunt shifting between the hooker, halves and the interchange. He may yet wear the No. 9 in 2021, while Jayden Sullivan is also in the picture having partnered Clune in round 20 last season.

New coach Anthony Griffin has kept his cards close to his chest on what way he's leaning but Clune feels all four are starting with a clean slate.

"I'm not looking at it as my jumper or that I've got first crack, I've got a lot of work to do to get that," Clune said.

"We've got a new coaching staff here, some new systems, and some other great players vying for the halves. I've got to put my best foot forward at training every day and try and get better because that's going to give me the chance to play.

"Everyone seems to be fighting for their spot and no one's guaranteed a position. That's showing in training because everyone's thinking 'there's a chance for me to play here if I can train well and perform well'.

"There's been a lot of talk about new systems and adjustments we're making as a team first and foremost. My focus is there at the moment, when we play some trials or start doing some more 13-on-13 stuff I'll be looking for more specific feedback.

"I've got to train well, trial well, and if things fall into place I'll be looking to take my opportunity. Everyone's got to put their best foot forward and whatever happens will happen."

Whatever does happen, Clune hopes 2021 does see an end to the constant shifting of positions that plagued his side's 2020 season.

"If you look at the top teams, they've got low injury rates and a lot of combinations on the edge," Clune said.

"You look at the Storm left edge, edges like that in the competition, it really helps if you can play week in week out and get those reps in at training. "That's one thing I found last year coming into the NRL.

"I think I had four different back rowers, a few different centres. Maybe in reserve grade you can get away with it, but coming into first grade [you can't].

"If I can get the start I'll be looking to hold it down because building combinations really helps. If I can come in and get those reps in with the same people each week I think it'll se super beneficial for our attack and defence."

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au...ing-to-be-more-than-a-one-hit-wonder/?cs=3713

getsmarty

Immortal
"You look at the Storm left edge, edges like that in the competition, it really helps if you can play week in week out and get those reps in at training. "That's one thing I found last year coming into the NRL.

"I think I had four different back rowers, a few different centres. Maybe in reserve grade you can get away with it, but coming into first grade [you can't].

"If I can get the start I'll be looking to hold it down because building combinations really helps. If I can come in and get those reps in with the same people each week I think it'll se super beneficial for our attack and defence."

this speaks volumes....hopefully the McShuffle Years are behind us....

TruSaint

Referee
Dragons: Clune looking to be more than a one-hit wonder
Dragons Den
r0_0_2662_1929_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

FRESH START: Adam Clune is looking to build on his debut NRL season. Picture: NRL Imagery
THE Dragons halves picture is currently about as clear as a Jackson Pollock painting, but incumbent No. 7 Adam Clune isn't about to meekly surrender the jumper he made his own last season.

In a reward for persistence, Clune debuted on his 25th birthday in round four last season and went on to play a further 14 games, missing just two due to injury. Having spent the previous five years as a part-timer with the club, his form was enough to earn a two-year contract extension and walk off the field in round 20 with the seven on his back.

The belated debut was a good news story in a season with conspicuously few others for the Dragons, but Clune says he's not looking to hang his hat on merely breaking into the NRL.

"You don't really reflect on it too much until people ask you about it," Clune said of his debut season.

"Obviously I'm really proud to get there but hopefully it's just the start. I don't want to come in and [just] play 15 games, I really want to push for a long career. After a fair while grinding away part time, it's an awesome feeling to be able to come here every day and just focus on my footy.

"I think [what I have] coming into preseason, even more than when I was playing last year, is that belief. It took me a while to debut and probably looked like it wasn't going to happen there at one stage, but I've really got that belief now that I can come in and guide the team around and do the job as a seven, or a six if need be.

"I really feel I've got a lot to offer the Dragons. I want to be here a long time and help get the club to a premiership. That's what I'm looking forward to."

That Clune became the only constant in a wildly changing spine last season says plenty about the club's campaign. That a little more than minimum wage 15-gamer could be a genuine chance at unseating one of two million-dollar halves is even stranger, but it's a reality.

Read more: Competition on for young and old at the Dragons

Big-money pair Corey Norman and Ben Hunt endured indifferent seasons, with Norman dropped twice and Hunt shifting between the hooker, halves and the interchange. He may yet wear the No. 9 in 2021, while Jayden Sullivan is also in the picture having partnered Clune in round 20 last season.

New coach Anthony Griffin has kept his cards close to his chest on what way he's leaning but Clune feels all four are starting with a clean slate.

"I'm not looking at it as my jumper or that I've got first crack, I've got a lot of work to do to get that," Clune said.

"We've got a new coaching staff here, some new systems, and some other great players vying for the halves. I've got to put my best foot forward at training every day and try and get better because that's going to give me the chance to play.

"Everyone seems to be fighting for their spot and no one's guaranteed a position. That's showing in training because everyone's thinking 'there's a chance for me to play here if I can train well and perform well'.

"There's been a lot of talk about new systems and adjustments we're making as a team first and foremost. My focus is there at the moment, when we play some trials or start doing some more 13-on-13 stuff I'll be looking for more specific feedback.

"I've got to train well, trial well, and if things fall into place I'll be looking to take my opportunity. Everyone's got to put their best foot forward and whatever happens will happen."

Whatever does happen, Clune hopes 2021 does see an end to the constant shifting of positions that plagued his side's 2020 season.

"If you look at the top teams, they've got low injury rates and a lot of combinations on the edge," Clune said.

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au...ing-to-be-more-than-a-one-hit-wonder/?cs=3713

Have a feeling he will get his chance.

TruSaint

Referee
Hope so. Smart. Hard worker. Calm under pressure.

Exactly the qualities that I want in a halfback.

Mate, I posted during the season that he seemed very measured and never overplayed his hand.
That's why the highlight reels may be short.

However, as you say, he has the hallmarks of a very good halfback.

Its only my opinion that by years end he will be our 7.

Kylez3

Juniors
Hopefully Clune doesn't have to put up with Ben Hunt deliberately trying to stifle him this season.

I remember one game, I think it was against the Roosters at WIN Stadium, and as soon as Hunt moved to hooker and Sailor replaced him at five-eighth, Hunt gave Clune zero ball. And that was after he'd been kicking well all game, including a 40/20. It was an absolute disgrace and cemented my strong dislike for Hunt.

SBD82

Coach
Mate, I posted during the season that he seemed very measured and never overplayed his hand.
That's why the highlight reels may be short.

However, as you say, he has the hallmarks of a very good halfback.

Its only my opinion that by years end he will be our 7.
Yeah mate. He’s in a unique position in footballing terms. Completed a couple of degrees but always been around the game. So in spite of being a rookie in first grade, it’s not like bringing in a 21 year old. Theoretically his body will be harder, his mind sharper, and his decision making under pressure more deliberate.

I think the temperament of a team is largely defined by its hooker and halfback. I’d be more than happy to see Clune and McInnes define ours.

Merry Xmas and happy New Years btw Tru. Hope you and the family had a great time.

redv13

Bench
Hopefully Clune doesn't have to put up with Ben Hunt deliberately trying to stifle him this season.

I remember one game, I think it was against the Roosters at WIN Stadium, and as soon as Hunt moved to hooker and Sailor replaced him at five-eighth, Hunt gave Clune zero ball. And that was after he'd been kicking well all game, including a 40/20. It was an absolute disgrace and cemented my strong dislike for Hunt.
I clearly remember a couple of games where Hunt was 9 and Norman was 6 and poor old Clune got shafted by both. Piss poor by those 2

TruSaint

Referee
Yeah mate. He’s in a unique position in footballing terms. Completed a couple of degrees but always been around the game. So in spite of being a rookie in first grade, it’s not like bringing in a 21 year old. Theoretically his body will be harder, his mind sharper, and his decision making under pressure more deliberate.

I think the temperament of a team is largely defined by its hooker and halfback. I’d be more than happy to see Clune and McInnes define ours.

Merry Xmas and happy New Years btw Tru. Hope you and the family had a great time.

Cheers brother.

Best to you and your loved ones well.

BLM01

First Grade

this speaks volumes....hopefully the McShuffle Years are behind us....
Yes 86, square pegs into round holes. McShuffle could not work out why they would not fit.
Boy I felt sorry for a lot of players in our side..nearly all playing out of position at some stage.

getsmarty

Immortal
clu_rc1_2009.jpg

DRAGONS

Late bloomer Clune goes all in on Red 7 as halves battle looms
Author
Troy Whittaker NRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Tue 5 Jan 2021, 04:32 PM
Share on social media
The late-blooming Adam Clune finally broke into first grade last season, but the incumbent Dragons halfback now has to prove himself to new coach Anthony Griffin.

Clune, who played 15 NRL matches after debuting in round four under Paul McGregor, isn't sure where he stands in Griffin's pecking order but said the coach has declared all spots up for grabs.

The 25-year-old developed steadily in 2020, fitting into the team because Origin star Ben Hunt often shifted from the halves to hooker, in turn pushing captain Cameron McInnes to lock.

Griffin believes he can get Hunt firing - so too five-eighth Corey Norman, having coached the pair at under-20s and NRL level for Brisbane - but hasn't given a firm indication on where he'll be used.

"We've got a new coaching staff here, some new systems, and we've got some great other players vying for the halves," Clune said.

"I've got to put my best foot forward at training every day, try to get better, because it's going to help my chances of getting a spot.

"I've got to trial well, train well, and if things fall into place then I'll be looking to take the opportunity. But I definitely don't feel like it's my jumper or I earnt that or I should get the first crack.

remote.axd

Analysing the Dragons' 2021 draw

Analysing the Dragons' 2021 draw

"I've got a lot of work to do to get that."

Clune said he hadn't yet spoken at length with Griffin about his potential role for the upcoming season.

"In terms of individual talk, I haven't had a whole lot to do. I've asked for a little bit of feedback and he's given me a little bit," he said.

"He's sort of said keep working hard and I need to keep talking on the field, obviously that's super important as a half."

Despite Griffin's deep-rooted connections with Hunt and Norman, Clune is confident that he'll have every chance to earn a jumper.

"I think Hook [Griffin] is a man of his word - that seems to be the case in terms of how we're approaching training. Everyone seems to be fighting for the spot, no one's really guaranteed a position," he said.

Having been on a part-time contract for several years until last season - subsequently earning a deal until the end of 2022 - Clune is feeling increasingly assured.

"Obviously very proud to get there and really stoked to be here, but hopefully that's just the start - I don't want to come and [only] play 15 games," he said.

"I really want to push for a long career. I love playing footy and I feel like I have something to offer the Dragons. I want to be here for a long time and help get the club to a premiership.

remote.axd

Clinical Clune sets up Pereira

Clinical Clune sets up Pereira

"I think coming into the 2021 pre-season, more so than even when I was playing last year, [I have] that belief. That's still something I'm really looking to build. It took me a while [to debut] and probably looked like it wasn't going to happen there at one stage.

"But I've really got that belief now that I can come in, help guide the team around and do a job as a seven, or a six if need be."

The addition of 2010 premiership-winning pivot Jamie Soward as a halves and kicking coach has helped Clune.

"Having Jamie coming here once each week and really focusing on kicking and giving us feedback while we're kicking has been super beneficial," he said.

"You can sort of tell from the way we started kicking in mid-November when he first came in to now, just little things and little comments that he's made have helped everyone."

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/202...-goes-all-in-on-red-7-as-halves-battle-looms/

getsmarty

Immortal
NRL
Adam Clune hopes to stay at the Dragons "long-term" despite Cowboys rumours
By Jay Winter 11 hours ago
Image_from_iOS_-_2020-07-21T133338.496.jpg

The St. George Illawarra Dragons have made a stunning start to the year depite being widely regarded as a wooden spoon favourite in the pre-season.

The Dragons have made doubters eat their words with four wins from their opening five games - placing them fourth on the NRL ladder.

The Dragons have even managed to continue their impressive form despite losing captain Ben Hunt to a broken leg.

One of the players that's stepped up in Hunt’s absence is 25-year-old halfback Adam Clune.

Clune joined SEN 1170’s Breakfast with Jimmy Smith & Katie Brown where he discussed the club's strong start to the season.

“There’s a great feeling around the club at the moment,” he said.

“Good result on the weekend, winning breeds confidence.

“(Anthony Griffin) was obviously happy with what we dished up on the weekend. That’s given us a reason to push forward.

“We put 'Parra' away on the weekend, they were a top four side who were unbeaten.

“It was really positive, while we’ve got lots of improvement left in us, this is still a good result for the team.

“There were definitely positives to take out of it, but also plenty of improvements."

The halfback has been linked to the North Queensland Cowboys said but he confirmed that he hopes to stay in Wollongong.

“I don’t want to leave the Dragons, I’d love to stay,” he said.

“That’s what I want to do, I’m still here for another year.

“Things change quickly in rugby league.

“Down the track if there was an opportunity because I wasn’t playing first grade then you have got to always leave your options open.

“In a professional environment you always have to keep your options open and understand that things change quickly.

“You might have to move to continue your career but at this stage that’s too far in the future for me, because I’m still on contract until the end of 2022.

“But at this stage my hope is that I can stay at the Dragons long term and win a premiership here."

Adam Clune and the Dragons will be keen to make it 5 from 6 when they face the New Zealand Warriors this weekend.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/04...he-dragons-long-term-despite-cowboys-rumours/

Maddragon99

Juniors
NRL
Adam Clune hopes to stay at the Dragons "long-term" despite Cowboys rumours
By Jay Winter 11 hours ago
Image_from_iOS_-_2020-07-21T133338.496.jpg

The St. George Illawarra Dragons have made a stunning start to the year depite being widely regarded as a wooden spoon favourite in the pre-season.

The Dragons have made doubters eat their words with four wins from their opening five games - placing them fourth on the NRL ladder.

The Dragons have even managed to continue their impressive form despite losing captain Ben Hunt to a broken leg.

One of the players that's stepped up in Hunt’s absence is 25-year-old halfback Adam Clune.

Clune joined SEN 1170’s Breakfast with Jimmy Smith & Katie Brown where he discussed the club's strong start to the season.

“There’s a great feeling around the club at the moment,” he said.

“Good result on the weekend, winning breeds confidence.

“(Anthony Griffin) was obviously happy with what we dished up on the weekend. That’s given us a reason to push forward.

“We put 'Parra' away on the weekend, they were a top four side who were unbeaten.

“It was really positive, while we’ve got lots of improvement left in us, this is still a good result for the team.

“There were definitely positives to take out of it, but also plenty of improvements."

The halfback has been linked to the North Queensland Cowboys said but he confirmed that he hopes to stay in Wollongong.

“I don’t want to leave the Dragons, I’d love to stay,” he said.

“That’s what I want to do, I’m still here for another year.

“Things change quickly in rugby league.

“Down the track if there was an opportunity because I wasn’t playing first grade then you have got to always leave your options open.

“In a professional environment you always have to keep your options open and understand that things change quickly.

“You might have to move to continue your career but at this stage that’s too far in the future for me, because I’m still on contract until the end of 2022.

“But at this stage my hope is that I can stay at the Dragons long term and win a premiership here."

Adam Clune and the Dragons will be keen to make it 5 from 6 when they face the New Zealand Warriors this weekend.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/04...he-dragons-long-term-despite-cowboys-rumours/
Clune isn’t going anywhere unless we are offered an amazing trade piece in return.

Given the depth & balance in our squad why would we let him go? If the Cows need a half they can have Norman.

getsmarty

Immortal
Clune isn’t going anywhere unless we are offered an amazing trade piece in return.

Given the depth & balance in our squad why would we let him go? If the Cows need a half they can have Norman.

Agree..although..@ the moment the club is preparing a pathway for Sullivan and Armone in the future...

Norman may be re-signed on a 1 year deal....Clune may have to eventually look elsewhere if he is after a starting spot. Unfortunate, but we are stacked for Depth in the Halves.

BBTB

Juniors
Agree..although..@ the moment the club is preparing a pathway for Sullivan and Armone in the future...

Norman may be re-signed on a 1 year deal....Clune may have to eventually look elsewhere if he is after a starting spot. Unfortunate, but we are stacked for Depth in the Halves.
I think Clune is a fantastic #7.He's a great backup for Hunt. If he stays, his long term chance, at the #7 are slim. Think he des

Latest posts