What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Cuthbertson signs on for 3 years

Joker's Wild

Coach
Why is everyone so keen on bringing in Laurie?

He has "cool hair" but has not impressed me on the footy field at all

Frederick

Staff member
He played under the coaching of matt Elliott...there's not many who do impress under him. Could be Bennetts new cuthbertson

Why is everyone so keen on bringing in Laurie?

He has "cool hair" but has not impressed me on the footy field at all

His literally had about 4-5 good match's(from about 4 years ago) where he came on for about 15 mins each half and put on a couple of good shots + 1-2 decent runs.....

Absolutely nothing player, but as a bonus has a history of domestics + serious injuries.

Frederick

Staff member
He played under the coaching of matt Elliott...there's not many who do impress under him. Could be Bennetts new cuthbertson

Just like to add that I don't particularly see the point of signing Laurie when we already have a younger and more talented version in Tetevano.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Agreed mate

He played under Sheens too and like BVM said, he has had about 4-5 games where he has actually done something worthwhile but has otherwise been a dud

Bicey_18

Bench
Hmmmm if Bennett has decided that he wants him here.. then I think I would take his opinion over everyone elses here..

perverse

Referee
has it ever actually been said anywhere that Bennett wants Daine Laurie? where is all the Daine Laurie speculation coming from? i think i remember his name did get chucked up briefly in a single article some forever ago?

Haffa

Man City are not plastics. They towelled Man U 6-1 at Old Trafford. It is a perfect analogy. A once poor club swimming in debt gets a rich owner and becomes the envy of their game. I have supported City for 26 years. It is a deserved outcome. Back on topic Cuthbo is shaping the squad perfectly.
Get used to the jibes from the Liverscum as a Chelsea fan for 20 years we experienced it all a few years ago. They really are the club with the biggest chip on their shoulder, the South Sydney of the premier league. If we don't win it (not looking likely but stranger things have happened) I hope your mob does.

On topic I'm stoked we got him, his performance against the broncos was impressive if he can do that a few times a season I'll be very happy.

perverse

Referee
I've got it from a very good source he'll be with us next year
well, tbh i'm not going to get excited even if Bennett wants him. he's a pea hearted nuffy that i really don't rate. good on Bennett if he can find a role for him. definitely doesn't make me want to dance a jig and i'd be just as happy to see him stay in the real NRL.

rabble

Juniors
Good signing, think it rounds out the top 17 with good NRL experience. Think we'll struggle if a couple of forwards go down with long term injury. Hopefully WB can prime the kids to be ready to go.

billy2

Juniors
Laurie will be on 55k maybe (with incentives if he cracks firstgrade).
AK would have wanted 255k to stay.

perverse

Referee
yeah, i do get that, too... i just see no other reason to be anything but meh about the signing. it's for depth, no doubt... and it's the sort of thing where i'd hope he doesn't keep too many young potentials away from first grade... because if he does go ok with us, then he'll likely go elsewhere for triple the coin first chance he gets, and probably fade into a nuffy again.

we'll just have to wait and see, i guess. i'm expecting zero from Laurie, so anything more than absolutely nothing is probably going to be an improvement on my expectations.

Yosh

Coach
He'll be on minimum wage and it's not like he'll be a starter for us anyways. He'll be one of our reserves and if he plays well might get a shoe in if injuries hit. It's not gonna impact our club in a big way so meh!

aqua_duck

Coach
I think Laurie can thrive here, he's a shy, quiet country kind of guy from Yamba, Sydney probably wasn't the best place for him especially when he started getting all the media attention. I think he's probably alot more at home in Newcastle, apparently the Scorps didn't have a bad word to say about his time there. At the end of the day he's a prop, he's an absolute monster in terms of size, and he's got mongrel. I'm backing Jeremy Hickmans to get him in the best shape possible and WB to get the most out of him.

rnb11

Juniors
I'd rather Laurie over any forward we've released this year that's for sure (maybe not Taufua), I don't know where this "pea heart" call has come from, he was never out on the field for long but from the 20 odd games that Ive seen him play he's been damaging in most of them. He's cheap, a beast and has everything to prove, I'm actually excited to have him at the club (if it happens), under the right coaching and training I think he'll prove alot of his critics wrong.

rnb11

Juniors
has it ever actually been said anywhere that Bennett wants Daine Laurie? where is all the Daine Laurie speculation coming from? i think i remember his name did get chucked up briefly in a single article some forever ago?

It was only a few days ago Stone was saying we want Laurie but the salary cap needs to be worked out first. Negotiations are ongoing but the big tip is he'll sign soon.