What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam MacDougall says Brian Smith not to blame for Knights' poor effort

Serc

First Grade
I'm sorry strewth, common sense (and the effort you put into posting that) is not allowed or worth it in a thread with obsessive agenda posts from you know who :p

And for the record my opinion is much the same as yours :)

cram

Bench
Let me say this, I believe that Smith's decision to leave may have had some impact on the team.

I have a back ground in psychology and subscribe to the fact that is a major component of sports and for reasons that I have stipulated in other threads I think Brian leaving has impacted on the team.

I don't fully blame Smith, like Bushy said in another thread the Management has to take some responsibility in all of this as well.

In terms of arguing to extremes well that is always going to happen when you assemble people with differing opinion, strong personalities and a reluctance to take on other's points of views.

It is not something new to this forum and has been a feature of the forum for many, many years.

In saying that however, constant bickering over finite points can become very tyring and impact on an individuals ability to enjoy the forum.

I am not sure whether you can pin point this just to Karma and his posts. There are plenty who are more then willing to argue with him and he is equally willing to respond.

NOTE: I have edited the beginning of this post because I thought I was in a different thread....lol

I guess another issue about finite bickering is that it can stop you from reading everything carefully because you get bored with the content!!

Last edited:

Burwood

Bench
You expect blokes to put in for themselves, if not each other with basic commitment.

You don't expect them waving the ball around in one hand and throwing one handed flick passes they would have never considered throwing before.

You can pretty it all you like. Players are starting to do those kinds of things now because of the coaching situation and they no longer feel the discipline that was applied before is as effective now seeing as though their coach won't be here much longer.

It's not like Wicks ever fielded a line dropout and then decided to throw a no-look pass to Rogers just before hitting the line. Oh, wait...

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I've seen Danny Wicks run with the ball one handed and screw up before. Either he knew this coaching situation was coming months in advance, in which case we should also hire him for predictions on injuries to help our cause, or he's a bit reckless sometimes.

Taia kicking the ball while odd, given all the circumstances wasn't as crazy as you like to make it out.
We had no Mullen or Gidley. Dureau had gone off injured, leaving us with half a footballer trying to lead the team around. Taia was sharing the 5/8th role with someone else, can't remember who, and probably noticing like the rest of the world that our only "kicker" was struggling immensely with the pressure decided to try and help.

Good intentions? Yes
Good execution? ....not really.
Were there better options?...barely.

A agree with everything mentioned above. Karma is clutching at straws imo

Hanscholo

Bench
Obviously in macdougalls mind its fine, he played well, and is an experienecd seasoned professional...the rest of the side are not, so dont speak for them maca.

The Smokey

Juniors
Maybe our poor form is because we have our two starting front-rowers out injured as well as two second-rowers and a starting winger. The injuries are taking alot out of our team. Some of the players we have in the team now need dropping but we cant because we have no better options. You would have to say that having Ben Cross, Daniel Tolar, Chris Houston, Cameron Ciraldo and James Mcmanus would make us a better team right about now.

At this stage we look like the Titans last year - started off so well then finished the season with a huge injury toll and losing a spot in the finals....Just bad luck that every team goes through!!

perverse

Referee
yeah... i really don't know how many years i've had to sit here and really question our conditioning staff.. but year after year i find myself absolutely dumbfounded at the injuries we seem to cop that just devastate our team. it's not the 3 - 4 weekers that worry me so much... it's the season enders. you also look at a bloke like tolar who at first should have only missed 4 - 6 weeks... and we haven't seen him since the start of the year.

look at BK for example... couldn't avoid injury to save his life at newcastle... goes to manly, barely misses a game and becomes a club legend.

every time i bring it up someone comes in and tells me we have the best conditioning staff... it's all science... etc etc... but it just seems to me that it happens far too often to be coincidence. maybe we just have a knack of signing a glut of injury prone players?

Anyone both in and outside the knights can see that what Smith did regarding his contract and how he did it were pathetic in their execution. The majority of football fans who either write or speak about it believe it is a dog act. We were going fairly well up until the last 2 weeks. I think the players are living in hope that the bloke next to them in the line thinks that it is all just coincidence. We put the most inept performance since the 71-6 loss to brisbane together on sat nite. The fact that when we got our attack together we carved them up so easily at the end suggests that 10 more minutes and we would have got them.

Pika

Bench
Anyone both in and outside the knights can see that what Smith did regarding his contract and how he did it were pathetic in their execution. The majority of football fans who either write or speak about it believe it is a dog act. We were going fairly well up until the last 2 weeks. I think the players are living in hope that the bloke next to them in the line thinks that it is all just coincidence. We put the most inept performance since the 71-6 loss to brisbane together on sat nite. The fact that when we got our attack together we carved them up so easily at the end suggests that 10 more minutes and we would have got them.

Actaully I think most people accept the reasons he left.

I imagine how it was delivered has left a bad taste for most people.

I think you are miles off in this regard to be honest.

ankur

Juniors
theres a board meeting to decide if brian smith will stay for the rest of the season durrrrrrrrrr