What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Reynolds

Pommy

Coach
Journalist for the courier Peter Badel is on Twatter claiming Reynolds has asked for a release so he can move to Titans. He says the club have turned him down.
Maybe they have offered him big bucks seen as they are struggling to spend their cap.

alien

Referee
South Sydney deny Adam Reynolds a release to join the Gold Coast
12 minutes ago
The Courier-Mail

SOUTH Sydney have rejected a request by Adam Reynolds to be released from his contract to join the Titans.

It’s believed the halfback asked for the shock release on Friday but it was turned down by the Rabbitohs.

Reynolds signed a $1 million two-year contract extension with the Rabbitohs earlier this season.

At the time he knocked back six rival clubs including Manly, Cronulla and the Dragons to stay at Redfern.

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/spor...n-the-gold-coast/story-fni3gki8-1227641987280

southsport

First Grade
Journalist for the courier Peter Badel is on Twatter claiming Reynolds has asked for a release so he can move to Titans. He says the club have turned him down.
Maybe they have offered him big bucks seen as they are struggling to spend their cap.

Maybe titans think Souths could go with Keary and Cody and relieve cap pressure for Sam and Roberts.

t10do

Juniors
I know we wanted Burgess to have a massive impact on his return.......but jeez!:D

We obviously have to wait for the full story, but stories like this fan the flames of the 'disharmony' rumors.

Pommy

Coach
I know we wanted Burgess to have a massive impact on his return.......but jeez!:D

We obviously have to wait for the full story, but stories like this fan the flames of the 'disharmony' rumors.

It depends on what Titans have offered him, without knowing that it's just jumping to conclusions.

souths_pride

Juniors
Maybe titans think Souths could go with Keary and Cody and relieve cap pressure for Sam and Roberts.
I'd be very interested to hear the story behind this. I think there is a lot of truth to the suggestions of Cody Walker potentially displacing Reynolds. After all, Reynolds isn't that good a player - he's a halfback that plays off a game plan but lacks that intuitive edges that the likes of Thurston and Ben Hunt have.

alien

Referee
If he want out better to piss him off than think you can get 100% out of him after stopping a lucrative contract

i disagree! there isn't enough time to find a suitable replacement. he wants to make the nsw origin side, so i am sure he'll play his best. not just to make rep teams, but for pride. you just want to see souths lose reynolds because you hate souths

doyen

Bench
I'd be very interested to hear the story behind this. I think there is a lot of truth to the suggestions of Cody Walker potentially displacing Reynolds. After all, Reynolds isn't that good a player - he's a halfback that plays off a game plan but lacks that intuitive edges that the likes of Thurston and Ben Hunt have.

What you say is exactly what I've always thought re. Reynolds but never been able to express as nicely as that--- "lacks the intuitive edge"--beautiful!!!

souths_pride

Juniors
If he want out better to piss him off than think you can get 100% out of him after stopping a lucrative contract
While what you say is plausible, I think its the principle of the matter and the integrity of the club that is at stake here. We can't have players thinking that they can get out of their contracts any time they are unhappy, things get tough for them or they receive a better off. When players sign a contract they give their word that they are willing to play for that club for a set period of time and they should be held to it. We don't want the NRL to become a free-for-all in terms of not honoring contracts.

alien

Referee

reynolds has one of the best kicking games in the comp. he is a very good player. he just needs to run the ball some more.

alien

Referee

i don't believe it has anything to do with burgess or some so-called disharmony. titans probably offered reynolds a lot more than the $500,000 he is on at Souths

souths_pride

Juniors
What you say is exactly what I've always thought re. Reynolds but never been able to express as nicely as that--- "lacks the intuitive edge"--beautiful!!!
I've often felt that about Adam Reynolds - he'll often execute a play regardless of whether it is on or not and this can often result in diabolical consequences. Last season he was ordinary and I don't know how he could possibly be in contention for the NSW halfback's position. In saying that, over the past few seasons we haven't needed a good halfback due to the dominance of our forward pack. Most of our salary cap has been invested in our forwards and Reynolds has proven a solid if unspectacular option at no. 7.

I haven't seen much of Cody Walker but from all reports he is a very promising young player and if he can improvise and play whats in front of him then there is a very strong chance that he could displace Reynolds. Why else would Reynolds want to leave? He must have been offered astronomical money from the Titans to join there - they are genuine wooden spoon contenders, with few supporters; the club will probably fold in a few seasons.

souths_pride

Juniors
reynolds has one of the best kicking games in the comp. he is a very good player. he just needs to run the ball some more.
I've never thought he was a good player. He is a solid player - a 6-7/10 halfback. He is way too limited to be considered a top halfback. The reason why he has appeared to be good is because he has played behind such a dominant forward pack; our forwards created time and space for him to basically do whatever he wanted. What did he do last season when our forwards struggled? Nothing. In saying that, for $500k a season I think that's good value for money. Halfbacks are at a premium at the moment and I don't think we can afford to lose him.

Latest posts