What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advertising all this betting over and over...............................

ClintDogg

Juniors
When I watch the footy, i don't give 2 hoots about what the betting odds are, or whoever's in front to win the game. This constantly gets announced over and over, I'm not interested in it, and the people that are should have their own way of finding this info out, like at the place they placed the bets or news papers.

If u want 2 bet on the game, do it, but let the people who watch the game watch it. Dont care if they are a sponsor or not. Advertise Sportsbet* or whatever it is, not these stupid odds all the time.

Meanwhile, I will just keep my money in my pocket, and I will always be ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chook Herron

Juniors
The sponsor who pays for the advertising to have the odds announced care. They're more important than you

ClintDogg

Juniors
The sponsor who pays for the advertising to have the odds announced care. They're more important than you
I'm saying they should advertise Sportsbet if they want, not the odds. If u want 2 know the odds do it at your own leisure.

How many people don't bet on the game?. Alot more than do i would guess. We are not all gambling junkies.

Chook Herron

Juniors
Announcing the live game odds draws in more people I suspect. I don't bet either but I also don't care about a few seconds of shameless advertising every 20 minutes or so. They're not going to pull the advertising because it annoys a few people

Eels Dude

Coach
I think Clintdogg makes a good point. In the same regard, Clintdogg should be allowed to promote DJing as a music format on this forum, but he shouldn't be allowed to advertise or talk up Clintdawwwg himself.

God-King Dean

Immortal
The thing that irritates me is that betting is all they talking about, then chime in " Bet responsibly...... "

morri (cWo)

First Grade
Dont care what they advertise as long as they are putting money into the game. I think its good that they put odds in anyway

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
No one is forcing anyone to gamble. They pay the broadcasters to display the odds. You dont have to bet.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Even Rabbits sounded embarrased about last week and we know how much he likes a flutter! Must admit this insiduous creeping in of sponsors in every element of the game is becoming more American every season. Lets not forget NRL get nothing out of the deal, it's Ch9 who are benefitting and its not as though they don;t get any advert breaks in during the game!

Chook Herron

Juniors
A large commerical television network wanting to maximise its profits for a free to air service. Those bastards!

adamkungl

Immortal
Even Rabbits sounded embarrased about last week and we know how much he likes a flutter! Must admit this insiduous creeping in of sponsors in every element of the game is becoming more American every season. Lets not forget NRL get nothing out of the deal, it's Ch9 who are benefitting and its not as though they don;t get any advert breaks in during the game!

The NFL don't have their jerseys butchered by hideous sposnorships...

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Clintdawgg is just bitter about the whole gambling industry. This stems from the fact that the pokies draw larger crowds than his shambolic "DJ" sets at the pubs and taverns that let him play there.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The thing that irritates me is that betting is all they talking about, then chime in " Bet responsibly...... "
bingo.

They are forcing you to consider placing bets and then say, bet responsibly.

If NSW Gaming practices were employed more strongly, they'd get into trouble for advertising/promoting gambling via media.

Clubs and pubs aren't allowed to do it, why should tv stations?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
i've said it before in the dragons forum.. gambling is a curse on the game.

not only does it ruin lives (yes, people can 'bet responsibly', but just spend 5 minutes with a gambling addict....) but it has the potential to put clouds over strange results..

what was once a marvelous comeback by a team could potentially be tainted that the opposition threw the game (i think i just coughed up a chicken feather)..

the more money at stake, the higher the risk of corruption..

the game would be better off without it.

bobmar28

Bench
I'm saying they should advertise Sportsbet if they want, not the odds. If u want 2 know the odds do it at your own leisure.

How many people don't bet on the game?. Alot more than do i would guess. We are not all gambling junkies.

I'm not a gambler either but these businesses are paying for advertising time and it doesn't bother me as it only takes a few seconds.

bobmar28

Bench

Which means they can afford to offer more when they bid for the tv rights next time.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
meaning if successful, all NRL games will take 4 hours to telecast because there will be 2 hours of ads to incorporate into the broadcast

Rexxy

Coach
well, the rules say they must identify advertising elements. There is no such disclaimers that i have seen.

Another thing. When they say a punter has taken a huge plunge on a result. It's bollocks. All fed to them by betting companies to stimulate a fake market.

But Chook, you love them so much, you probably think it's ok for them to pee on our heads and tell us its raining.

what started it all

A large commerical television network wanting to maximise its profits for a free to air service. Those bastards!

Latest posts