What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advertising all this betting over and over...............................

Canard

Immortal
What about when the get all arsey over things like declining a conversion on the fulltime siren when your down by 40, or a field goal when your up by 10 or so.

Its not the players responsiblity to win gamblers money!

Rexxy

Coach
Rabs admits: gambling cost me a better life

He makes a heap of money. He was an addict. Nine, Triple M and the money Red Nose day has to pay him to use his noses likeness.

Even Rabbits sounded embarrased about last week and we know how much he likes a flutter! Must admit this insiduous creeping in of sponsors in every element of the game is becoming more American every season. Lets not forget NRL get nothing out of the deal, it's Ch9 who are benefitting and its not as though they don;t get any advert breaks in during the game!

Last edited:

Packy

Bench
I cannot stand the totally unrelated advertising. f**kin Rabs going on about Sea Rescue of what ever teh f**k is the latest hit show.

I would be happy with scrolling text over the bottom of teh screen like the cricket, but gtfo with the bullsh*t, pointless and irrellevent voice adds during the game.

abpanther

Staff member
I hate when plug companies at any given moment during the game, it is become more Americanised.

"Now if we have a look at that play again on the Keno Brute Nissan Navaro Centrebet Samsung replay, you can see that..."

ClintDogg

Juniors
I hate when they're advertising TV shows they obviously don't give a sh*t about.
yes.

This is what im saying, useless info 4 people actually watching the game.

Betting is 4 losers, im keeping my money i earn in my pocket, and will be ahead of these betting fools every time.

Paullyboy

Coach
I hate when they're advertising TV shows they obviously don't give a sh*t about.

That's the one for me.

I quite enjoy the odds updates (then again, I enjoy a punt). But I hate it when they tell us about adults only 20-1 or the crap they'd go on about when Underbelly was still on. They generally force it into an important part of the game too.

morri (cWo)

First Grade
Gambling does ruin lives. There's no doubt about it. But so does alcohol. Should we stop letting them advertise and serve drinks at games?

ClintDogg

Juniors
Gambling does ruin lives. There's no doubt about it. But so does alcohol. Should we stop letting them advertise and serve drinks at games?

Most places stop serving full strenth grog at games at half time.

We are watching a footy game, not give two hoots about what people betting on the game are doing or what odds r what.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
So a tampon ad is forcing you to consider buying tampons? No. If you have no interest in Tampons or betting, no one can make you buy/bet.
If you were to take all of the village idiots from all the villages, put them all into a village of their own, in that village full of village idiots, you would be the village idiot.

Benji Magic

Juniors
Don't have a problem with them mentioning odds in the pregame talk but giving live numerous updates of the odds are not important to 99% of people watching the game.

It would be annoying if it were any product, people just want to watch the game.

Do you really think ch 9 would listen anyway?

Lets just hope they don't follow crickets lead and have Tony Greig trying to flog some worthless peaice of crap during the broadcast.

sovereign

Juniors
I have more of an issue with all the f**king cross promotion of their shows they do DURING commentary.

Save that for f**king halftime if you MUST but FFS leave it out of the talk while sets are being played.

Karlos

Juniors
I have more of an issue with all the f**king cross promotion of their shows they do DURING commentary.

Save that for f**king halftime if you MUST but FFS leave it out of the talk while sets are being played.

Totally agree, it drives me crazy, Ch 7 do the same thing when commentating the tennis.

If it becomes any more prevalent than it already is I am pretty sure I will throw a stubbie through my tv screen one of these days.