What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Affiliated States Championship .... Is it coming back after two years away ?

Pneuma

First Grade
Only because SA decided not to send a team at the last moment, they’ve got that sorted and the first 2 days have been good so far
After the grand final debacle last year I’m not surprised. And the senior men’s comp started late this year. For such a small comp there have been far too many issues over the last decade. I attended the comp about 12 years ago. It was regularly held in Adelaide. Things went down rapidly with their comp. Mind you ours down here in Tassie disappeared completely. With the strong growth in Victoria you’d have to hope they can apply some lessons learned in SA. Union has dismal junior numbers there so the opportunity exists for growth.

Jimmy Wiggle

Juniors
After the grand final debacle last year I’m not surprised. And the senior men’s comp started late this year. For such a small comp there have been far too many issues over the last decade. I attended the comp about 12 years ago. It was regularly held in Adelaide. Things went down rapidly with their comp. Mind you ours down here in Tassie disappeared completely. With the strong growth in Victoria you’d have to hope they can apply some lessons learned in SA. Union has dismal junior numbers there so the opportunity exists for growth.
I’m mates with the SA captain, I’ve coached a few of the boys in his club team, he says the top WA reserve grade teams would be on par with their top teams but he thinks everyone is on the same page and trying to get the comp better for an nrl team down the track

Latest posts