What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFL 2004 - Round 13

CyberKev

Staff member
Okay, who was the genius who decided to run a split round with 7 games on the first weekend and only one on the second????!!!!

St Kilda (52) vs Hawthorn
Geelong vs Brisbane (14)
Richmond (7) vs Carlton
Fremantle vs Port Adelaide (12)
Adelaide (6) vs Western Bulldogs
Kangaroos (20) vs West Coast
Essendon (31) vs Melbourne

Should be a few tight ones this weekend.

Its always a major risk tipping the Tigers, but they should be able to get over the line here. Mind you, if Fevola can fire agian like he did last week, it may be enough to do the job.

I'd like to tip the Hounds, but Adelaide are in crisis mode and the Bulldogs will almost surely be overwhelmed by the ecstacy of last week's huge upset against the Saints.

The Saints have been decidedly off-key, and surely could not believe their luck at running up against Hawthorn who will play them back into form. The Hawks ostensibly lost to Brendan Fevola last week, and will find the overall talent of the Saints side overwhelming.

Geelong will push Brisbane harder and further than Essendon could last week, but it is doubtful that they have the talent to beat Brisbane just yet. Its a prime opportunity for the young cats to shore-up their position in the 8, but it will not be a shattering event if they can't get up, as they are clearly making all the right moves for 2005.

There's not much separating the Kangaroos from the Eagles, but in Canberra you would expect the former to have too much in reserve.

Much is made of Essendon's long-term dominance over Hawthorn, but they also hold a similar sway over Melbourne. Essendon isn't as good as it thinks it is, and (having confused Hawthorn's dismality with what it perceived as its own brilliance) was well and truly found out against the Lions. Despite this, they should still have the structure and balance to bring the Demons down.

The other game's a toss-up, but I loved the look of Port last week and think they can do the job here.

CyberKev

Beaussie

First Grade
St Kilda vs Hawthorn
Geelong vs Brisbane
Richmond vs Carlton
Fremantle vs Port Adelaide
Adelaide vs Western Bulldogs
Kangaroos vs West Coast
Essendon vs Melbourne

CyberKev

Staff member
Raiders 2004 said:
Swans game was awesome tonight. My first ever AFL Game too! :)

Good stuff, Old Son!

My first game was 21 years ago, but I can still recall key elements of it.

I only caught the last quarter last night, but it was certainly edge of the seat stuff. You'll see a lot better skills and plays than were on display last night, but there's nothing quite like a game where there's only a kick separating the sides throughout the last term.

Good win for Sydney and a devastating result for Collingwood who will now have to win pretty much all remaining games to make the 8.

Luckily for them, they have Hawthorn next up :cry:

CyberKev

meltiger

First Grade
CyberKev said:
Okay, who was the genius who decided to run a split round with 7 games on the first weekend and only one on the second????!!!!

What a stupid question! :lol:

King Eddie decided on one game this weekend... Who else?

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
CyberKev said:

What a stupid question! :lol:

King Eddie decided on one game this weekend... Who else?

Yeah, I was going to run with answer C in who wants to be a dillionnaire, but I thought I'd ask the audience just to play safe :p

I hear that fast Eddie now wants to lock this one in permanently! Why don't we just ensure that every weekend is a locked-in Collingwood promotional game, and just structure the rest of the draw around this? :roll:

CyberKev

Latest posts