What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFL 2006 - Round 12 (Split Round)

meltiger

First Grade
YOu might be in troble Locks, he's been playing across HB lol

Just got one though.

This is R21 all over again, cheating umpires giving Hawthorn an undeserved lead at halftime and terrible terrible kicking from Richmond (3.9 so far)

lockyno1

Post Whore
Monfries to kick 5-6 goals and for us to lose. I am happy then. I get my tip and I am able to do well in the Fantasy thing!

meltiger

First Grade
Why even bother getting on the plane. Absoloutely terrible performance today, 50 metre penalties not paid, deliberate out of bounds not paid, soft as butter touches paid against us.

Not given a chance today. This game was fixed. :x

I'm sure Kev will get on and tell us how fantastic Hawthorn were today though :roll:

frees @ 3/4 time

Hawks 21
Tigers 8

Source: afl.com.au

Is it any wonder we got spanked.

Red Bear

Referee
Most goals for Tigers yes.

82-55 to Melbourne:( Sounds like a better showing from the Bombers however.

camsmith

Juniors
Bloody bloody Richmond whenever we have a chance to get in the 8 and prove ourselves with the media behind us... we stuff it up.

Sure the umps didn't help... but either did our terrible kicking FFS!

Hope the players are kicking for goal 8 hours a day for the next two bloody weeks!!!!!!!!!

Im sorry meltiger (i should really find out your real name lol?) but i think Staff needs to be dropped. We have talent in the VFL waiting to be selected. On a positive... Patto played alright.

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
Is it any wonder we got spanked.

You got spanked because you didn't want the hard ball and trailed Hawthorn players to it for much of the day. This also resulted in many of the discrepancies committed by trailing Tiger players, giving away frees through desperation caused by being second to the ball.

And before you start in with your usual nonsense about scoring shots - 8 of the 16 Richmond behinds were taken through by Hawk defenders, 4 came from long and wide shots; and young McGlynn slewed 3 OOB on the full for us inside 50 during the match.

Hawthorn was clearly the better side, and on overall play across the day a 7 goal margin was apt.

Leaving aside the usual Tiger poor sportsmanship and bleating after a defeat, to provide rational discussion of the game...

Franklin was great today up forward. He played similarly to what he did in the NAB Cup against Adelaide, but was much neater with his finishing here. Will be a top footballer in time and deserved 3 votes today.

Outside of Franklin, Tim Clarke would've got the 2 Brownlow votes for a strong and hard running game all day.

I'd give Pettifer the 1 vote. He was beaten by young Murphy in the first half, but lifted strongly during the second to keep Richmond in the contest.

Sam Mitchell, Rick Ladson, Jordan Lewis, Campbell Brown & Clinton Young all had strong games for the winners, with youngsters Birchall & Murphy showing good signs at varying stages of the game.

Young Raines is certainly a top prospect for the Tigers and ran hard today, and it was probably a toss-up between him and Simmonds for the secondary votes in the Tiger best & fairest. Outside of those boys, I was impressed at various times with Tambling & Patterson who tried hard.

Happy to get the win and to head to the break with a number of players due back for the St Kilda game.

CyberKev

Staff member
It was remiss of me not to include Kane Johnson in the Tigers best, given the great tag job he did on Hodge.

Another win up for the Demons who have now gone 8 from their past 9 and have given themselves a shot at a top four spot.

A good win also for Port Adelaide, and I strongly suspect that both Port & Geelong will find themselves in the right half of the table come season's end.

CyberKev

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
I never said that Kosi was not important. Read my last post. I just said he was no2. Thats all. A CHF can do sweet f..k all if the service is crap from the centre. That is why I would have Heyes over Kosi. I said not by much tiger. Just enough though.

You neglect the reality that there are a good deal more gun midfielders on offer across the comp than there are gun key forwards.

To say nothing of the fact that an average midfield can still get a lot of ball moving forward, but average key forwards give you nothing most of the time.

The top five at St Kilda, IMO:

1) Kozitschke
2) Reiwoldt
3) Dal Santo
4) Ball
5) Hayes.

A very handy handful.

CyberKev

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
If Judd was at Freo they would have made a GF!

Get real, don't steal!

If Judd was at Freo (sans Pavlich) he would have to double his output just to keep Freo in its current, go nowhere, mid-table holding pattern. They'd have nothing up forward to kick the goals and Judd would lack the massive midfield support he currently gets at the Eagles.

Were Pavlich up forward at the Eagles (sans Judd) he would lift their forward structure markedly along with their goal kicking returns. As he would still be getting delivery from the likes of Cousins, Kerr, Fletcher, Embley, Rosa & co it'd be a bowl of cherries for all concerned. And, as a bonus, against sides with lesser defences (or during injury crises to the Eagles midfield) Pav could be dropped back into the midfield where he'd knock up his 20+ possessions no probs and would use the ball well.