What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFL 2006 - Round 6

meltiger

First Grade
ROUND 6 (Rivalry Round)
Friday May 5
Melbourne v Geelong, MCG, 7.40pm
Saturday May 6
St. Kilda v Western Bulldogs, Telstra Dome, 2.10pm
Fremantle v West Coast, Subiaco, 4.10pm
Essendon v Richmond, MCG, 7.10pm
Adelaide v Port Adelaide, AAMI Stadium, 7.40pm
Sunday May 7
Brisbane Lions v Sydney, Gabba, 1.10pm
Carlton v Collingwood, MCG, 2.10pm
Kangaroos v Hawthorn, Telstra Dome, 2.10pm

Pretty sure I ran with the red teams.

meltiger

First Grade
CyberKev said:
I'm super confident of this round, and only Richmond can stop me from nailing a perfect 8.

Maybe the initials JK, AH, FG & NR will stop you ...

Cricketer

Juniors
Geelong (It's pissing down and the Dees hate wet weather)
Saints (Need the win and I'll be there for my double header weekend)
Weagles
Crows
Tigers (I purchased my reserve seat 3 weeks ago for this game and was very impressed with my Tigers membership reserved seat last Friday night - the new stand is awesome!!!)
Sydney (arrggghhh as much as I hate them)
Pies (see above re Sydney)
Roos (I think they can win and the Hawks need to crash and burn sooner or later)

camsmith

Juniors
meltiger said:
It's fantabulous!

You go up the escalator, through the door and your in the bar :) Then you walk through automatic doors which take you out to the seats where the view is nothing short of sensational.

Gotta say, so long as Richmond offer seats there, i'll never give mine up now.

That's for Premium A though, if you bought them and the club sat you on the first level @ TD, you can argue the point with them (As I did for mine and Incomparables seats this year - The scumbags tried to sit us in Premium C and charge the full price :evil: ) and they will put you on Level 2 there as well.

Now i'm jealous :shock:

I guess it's too late to change my membership to Premium A... when i get it i'll make sure its level 2 and near the bar :cool:

I think my tips are...

Geelong over Dees (can see a draw happening though)
Dogs over Aints
Weagles over Freo
Tiges over Dons
Adelaide over Port
Brissy over Sydney
Pies over Carlton
Kang over Hawks (giving the roos ONE more chance.. even though i said that last week :D )

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yep, this will be one BAD round! I got Melbourne but am missing Freo, Saints and the Tigers (why I tipped my bombers I will never know really)

camsmith

Juniors
GO THE MIGHTY TTTTIIIGES!

Pity i couldn't go out and celebrate after that win.. but bloody 'ell it was one of the best wins in terms of excitment at the end with almost 59,000 people on the edge of their seats with scores level. Thought it was going to be 1995 all over again, i couldn't see us winnning with all the missed chances (like last week..) but we somehow got up and im just gonna go watch the end of it now. What a game.

In other news.. my tipping had gone down the down.

meltiger

First Grade
camsmith said:
GO THE MIGHTY TTTTIIIGES!

:D

Is there ANYTHING better than beating those turds?

:D

5 handballs .............. and they kick a behind. Suck sh*t you dogs.

Incomparable and I sat in the middle of ESSENDON members tonight and I must say, Richmond shouldn't be the ONLY team that has a rep for 'eating our own' :lol:

meltiger

First Grade
& it has to be said ..... We are going to win back to back Rising Star Awards.

DEAN POLO, what a debut!

Red Bear

Referee
Oh FFS
1 point last week
2 points this week
That was a wonderful game of AFL but Essendon. So close. Well done Richmond on an excellent game, congratson your win andPolo had a blinder.
For essendon there issomegoodfuturethereinLovett,Lovett-Murray and Monfries thats for sure. Fletcher andLucas were excellent also but they just couldnt crack it for a f**ken win there tonight :( One of thebest games of AFLi have seen in my short viewing career.

meltiger

First Grade
"The Bombers entered the match having played three matches in 12 days "

*Sigh* Even if afl.com review scummer excuses are being thrown around.

All 3 of those games have been at the MCG.

Let's how they go after travelling to Perth and Brisbane in successive weeks ...

camsmith

Juniors
Yeah i forgot to mention Polo... outstanding game!!

The top 3 possession getters for tiges were Bowden, Polo and Rains... but if you look in the clangers section you will see Bowden 5, Rains 5 and Polo 0! That says something to me...

Also if you look in the paper you once again see the reporters not giving much credit to Richmond and once again noting the 'poor skills' in the game and therefore saying it wasn't much of a game. I saw worse skills in the Fremantle-Saints game last week and ofcourse didn't see that mentioned (when the actual game was talked about..)

When games are played as fast as they were with Richmond vs Carlton and Richmond vs Essendon... some of the quickest games i have seen for a while you are bound to see errors. So unless we want a Sydney style game with short kicks and a much slower paced game.. then get used to the mistakes. I do agree we need to work on our goal kicking and on working the ball out of our backline without 10000 handballs.. but i saw a lot of positives that will go once again unreported.

Dont know about others, But I would much prefer a fast, longer kicking style game with more contests which leads to more mistakes and turnovers than a boooooring short kicking, stop starting, keepings off game but WAIT.. there were GREAT SKILLS on display.. End of rant.

meltiger

First Grade
Agreed mate, and Richo was saying pretty much the same on The Footy Show this morning. Made mention of the fact with 17 behinds kicked in the 2d quarter (That's almost 1 per minute for some perspective) - The ball was almost constantly in play with players having to turn and chase all quarter. This then having a flow-on impact to fatigue etc

I still wonder what people would have said about the 2 games had Richmond kicked 18.12 & 19.13

meltiger

First Grade
i am also shocked at all the outrage being expressed of Chris Judd's so called 'shabby treatment' by Fremantle fans yesterday.

if it was any player other than Judd, would the media be so hysterical?

meltiger

First Grade
CyberKev said:
Geelong
Western Bulldogs
West Coast
Essendon
Sydney
Adelaide
Collingwood
Kangaroos

Sydney get to be my 'lock' of the round.

I'm super confident of this round, and only Richmond can stop me from nailing a perfect 8.

At least you broke the mould on your 'lock of the round' run :) :lol:

camsmith

Juniors
Just to add to what i was saying before, thanks to PRE and a look at a few stats i see (at the end of round 5) Richmond have made the second least amount of Errors. I wouldn't have thought that after what i read in last Mondays paper.

Also, if you ask people who made the most mistakes last week im sure most would have pointed to the Richmond - Carlton game.. well lets look at the total amount of errors from last round games (thanks to pro-stats.com.au)

Rich 53 Carl 57
Melb 72 North 60
Crows 60 Dogs 57
WCE 54 Bris 50
Syd 56 Geel 50
STK 59 Freo 55
Coll 35 PTA 58
Hawks 45 Ess 48

Ok i'll get over it now :D it just bugs me when every win Richmond have had this season people have pointed out the amount of errors and said the standard of footy is low..

Richmond are playing exciting footy which is what Terry promised, stressful to watch sometimes... but exciting.

On todays games.. Well done to North who just needed a win and showed some class near the end of the game to put it in the bag. Brisbane are worse than i actually thought they were.. or maybe Sydney are better. I'll tell you something though, i can't see either Brisbane or Carlton anywhere else but the bottom of the ladder.

Great round of mostly close games of footy, does anyone know what the total attendance numbers were for the round? I have a feeling the record the AFL were hoping to break wont be happening... Friday nights crowd at the G was poor because of the weather i s'pose.

Bring on round 7!