What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFL know-nothings take free shot at league

typicalfan

Coach
Actually you can smell a AFL supporter a mile away when they refer to Rugby League and Rugby Union both as "Rugby"

Perth Red

Post Whore
Bit unfair when it isn't on Tv or in the papers how are they supposed to know the difference? I have no idea why they all scream "ball", doesn't make me a bad person!

brad_19

Juniors
yeh nearly every Victorian does this , just sheer ignorance nothing else .

It's extremely frustrating, and it's something I did myself growing up until I started following league. The thing is, if you say to somebody who calls league Rugby, "it's not Rugby, it's League", they look at you as though your stupid, and you actually feel stupid. The amount of times I've been told that it's a code of Rugby etc, is rediculous. I just give up and shrug my shoulders when I hear somebody call it Rugby. I haven't even been able to sway my own family... It's just not part of the vernacular down here, to distinguish between the two codes.

Kiki

First Grade
OMG I HATE IT WHEN THEY CALL IT RUGBY

it kills me in the soul because i HATE union.

typicalfan

Coach
I used to think that it was the Southerners way of basically not being able to tell the difference between the two.

It is like they are bound together as the "more manly codes" or something.

MsStorm

Bench
I used to think that it was the Southerners way of basically not being able to tell the difference between the two.

Generally I would say that when talking to other Vics and they mention rugby, they mean rugby league.......people are becoming more aware of it than Union. So for the moment, just be pleased they are even talking about it. They will learn in years to come.:)

DeeJ

Bench

It's great how we have all kinds of taunting nicknames for their game, but they best they can do for ours is thugby league, which some might take as a compliment.

Flapper

First Grade

It's because they"re too ill-informed to know any better. To anyone with a working brain, the differences between League and Union are quite obvious.

Tex_21

Juniors
It's great how we have all kinds of taunting nicknames for their game, but they best they can do for ours is thugby league, which some might take as a compliment.
Bumsniffing gorillas with no necks who just run in a line at each other?

Tex_21

Juniors
Harsh.

But then again, one picture is worth a thousand words....

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4233/AFLml5.jpg
Don't shoot the messenger-that photo is gay as aids tho. THough I do tease my gf (NSW) that there is bugger all difference between the two Rugby codes (yes I know they are different) and that they are all fat bumsniffers.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Don't shoot the messenger-that photo is gay as aids tho. THough I do tease my gf (NSW) that there is bugger all difference between the two Rugby codes (yes I know they are different) and that they are all fat bumsniffers.

you call League players bmsniffers

explain the pic below

j9q2x5.jpg

I'm not homophobic, but I reckon having one's male nose firmly implanted in the rectal zone of another male is still more heterosexual than playing AFL...

A lot more.

Tex_21

Juniors
That guy plays for Frankston-thats probably the best smell he's had all day-any of the Melbourne members will back this up too.