What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFL to launch 2nd sydney team in 2012

BrisVegas

Juniors
Here's a question, do the Vic AFL clubs have home and away games against each other? Or, seeing as none of them have a home ground, do they split the cash between the 2 clubs playing? 2nd option would make sense as the members of both teams would be going & hence bigger crowds...

Brisbane seriously need to get their memberships up to 40k+ so we can justify a bigger ground, merchandise is another area where we could make much more of a killing (look at what Souths and the GC have brought out).

Also, I'd like to see Brissy make a deal with Cronulla or some of the teams taking their games to Perth/Adelaide and say: "We'll chip in half the advertising costs if you give us half the gate." Doing this would enable the Broncs to expand their brand and hence have more appeal.

Victorian AFL clubs have a regular home and away fixture, and they keep the profits of their home games. The Victorian clubs always request playing a home game against Collingwood at the MCG as it usually provides a huge pay day.

I agree that Brisbane could be more proactive in their marketing and merchandising. The way they integrate sponsorship into their jerseys is awful enough to impede sales. Their marketing is getting better, and the range of membership options for '09 is good (The "Bellow the Border" 3 Sydney games deal, and the "Awesome Foursome" at Suncorp). Hopefully the Broncos will be able to come close to a 40k crowd average soon, the number is creeping upward by 1-2k every year since the move back to Suncorp, which is a good sign.

Brownie.Kougari

Juniors
I think all the teams need to diversify their merchandise & also target their own areas.

Titans have done well with a few surfie-style shirts/beanies etc while Souths have gone for a street look with their leather jackets.

People don't want shirts with WOW Sight and Sound plastered on them, they want New York Yankees caps.

The less obvious their sponsors and logo are, the better.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Playing in Perth would be like a home game for the Broncos looking at the number of Brisbane shirts and caps I see around the city!