What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFL winning the PR war

taipan

Referee
That's good, next time you cheat the cap, cheat with drugs, have a star test positive for coke, have a coke head CEO, players pss in their mouth, support a killer, assault a jnr ref or act like merkins on social media can you please use some of it to keep the game from being dragged through the mud please? Sweep sweep.

You know what mate,I'll look after this end of town, and make sure players are tucked into bed by 8pm,in the meantime you do something about making your team so attractive ,so that the NRL cannot refuse to bring them in .

Because I suggest ,your continual whining and bagging Sydney NRL clubs,the NRL administration and your eternal boot licking of anything AFL,is making your bid less than desirable.

And if by chance your team does secure a franchise, and we all hope it does,should anyone within your organisation step out of line thereafter, you will be reminded of the fact. And you will get the message, it can be embarrassing to be the first one to throw stones

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
You know what mate,I'll look after this end of town, and make sure players are tucked into bed by 8pm,in the meantime you do something about making your team so attractive ,so that the NRL cannot refuse to bring them in .

Because I suggest ,your continual whining and bagging Sydney NRL clubs,the NRL administration and your eternal boot licking of anything AFL,is making your bid less than desirable.

And if by chance your team does secure a franchise, and we all hope it does,should anyone within your organisation step out of line thereafter, you will be reminded of the fact. And you will get the message, it can be embarrassing to be the first one to throw stones

I'm sure we will sign only choir boys lol As long as we keep them away from WCEagles players all will be good.

They are winning the junior war as a safe gap between soccer and the rugby codes

Central coast has like 10-11 clubs now..

http://aflhuntercoast.com.au/ccoastclubs/
When do I stop laughing .
Any figures ...any info released by a mob with the letters AFL at the beginning is pure propaganda .
They've been caught over & over lying about numbers clubs etc .
This crap is only lapped up by the dumb head nodding fan boys .
You get a jersey or should I say a singlet .

mozza91

Coach
AFL is winning the junior war. You know they have over 4 billion Auskick participants in NSW alone?

Hoofhearted

Juniors
My Nephew and Niece are both registered Auskick participants, problem is they dont even know what Auskick is. The AFL came to there school last year and ran a clinic, every kid that took part was registered as an Auskick participant. My nephew thought they were just doing a PE class on the oval kicking footballs.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
An article recently I saw was talking up the fact that the afl had over 1 million members. But after digging deeper, over 250k of them were stadium and auskick members. Maybe Nrl touch could get their players to choose a Nrl team upon signing up and the Nrl could include those numbers to? Afl is all spin.

TheRam

Coach
Rugby League receives landmark funding in Victoria
Author
melbournestorm.com.au
Timestamp
Fri 13 Apr 2018, 06:48 PM

Rugby League in Victoria is set for an exciting new home, with the Andrews Labor Government today delivering a $12 million funding package towards a Rugby League State and Community Centre.

The announcement, made by Treasurer, the Hon. Tim Pallas, MP, during Melbourne Storm’s NRL game against Newcastle tonight, is a game changer for the sport in Victoria.

The new Rugby League State and Community Centre, to be based in Broadmeadows, will become the new home for NRL Victoria, currently based at Storm’s AAMI Park Headquarters.

It will also become the home to a future Storm women’s team, in addition to hosting training camps, state league matches and local rugby league and touch football competitions.

Victorian Treasurer, the Hon. Tim Pallas MP said that today’s announcement signified the long-term commitment of the Andrews’ government to rugby league in this state.

“Melbourne Storm have been the best performing sporting club in the nation this century and allowing them to better service and connect with their growing fan base will allow them to continue that success – on and off the field.

“The Rugby League State and Community Centre is an important investment in the future of rugby league in Victoria and will allow it to continue to grow – as it should, in this, the sporting capital of the world."

Minister for Sport, the Hon. John Eren, said the state government was proud to support rugby league’s continued growth in Victoria.

“We’re proud to be strengthening the future of rugby league in Victoria – building the first Rugby League State and Community Centre which will be the future home of the Melbourne Storm women’s team.”

Member for Broadmeadows Frank McGuire expressed the delight of his electorate to host the new Rugby League State and Community Centre.

“Broadmeadows is the new field of dreams for Melbourne Storm, which has the discipline, teamwork and commitment it takes to build a world championship club. The Rugby League State and Community Centre will inspire today’s youth and future generations and build community cohesion.”

Melbourne Storm CEO Dave Donaghy said: “We thank the Premier, the Treasurer and the entire Andrews Labor Government for today’s announcement and for their vision in continuing to invest in the future of rugby league in Victoria, which is experiencing a rapid growth in all forms of the game."

“The Rugby League State and Community Centre will deliver programs ranging from grassroots community to the elite, for both men and women, significantly enhancing the chances of the number of home grown rugby league stars to make all the way to the top of our game. This will be rugby league’s home for community, development and education programs in Victoria and will create enormous excitement for our participant base.”

Following the NRL’s announcement in March of the inaugural National Women’s Premiership (NWP) to commence later this year, the Rugby League State and Community Centre will provide facilities and participation pathways for Victorian women as Storm commence their push for a future licence.

Rugby league in Victoria has experienced enormous growth over the last 10 years, with participation rates increasing by more than 300 per cent over that time. Across the 24 rugby league clubs in metropolitan and regional Victoria, nearly one in five players are female and today’s announcement will provide a significant platform for these numbers to reach even greater heights over the next decade.

The support of the Andrews Labor Government towards the Rugby League State and Community Centre continues the investment into facilities and programs that support Rugby League in Victoria, on the back of the 2017 World Cup and Game 1 of the 2018 State of Origin Series to be played at the MCG in June.

The announcement is part of the Andrews Labor Government’s broader investment into sport in this State made on Friday morning around facilities and major events.

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/n...league-receives-landmark-funding-in-victoria/

Great story, but what is concerning is that there are only 24 RL clubs in total in the whole State of Victoria. Hardly capturing the hearts and minds of the locals down there after multiple decades of supposed investment and the most consistently good NRL team in the league to support. They still haven't produced 1 local non-Islander/Maori junior. The NRL is so behind it's not even in the race. But at least they will have a centre of excellence that they can boast about.

TheRam

Coach
Now in contrast -

NSW and the ACT lead club growth for AFL in 2017
Author Name: caitlin-arnold | Posted 11:30 am on Thursday 30th November, 2017

The popularity of AFL in New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory continues to rise with AFL NSW/ACT today announcing Club participation grew 8.2%. This comes off the back of a phenomenal 78% increase in the number of female participants playing in registered Club football competitions across the state and territory.

Overall, participation in AFL competitions and programs across the region grew 7.3% in 2017 to over 250,000 participants. This makes the AFL community in New South Wales and the ACT, Australia’s third largest participation base in the country behind Victoria and Western Australia.

AFL NSW/ACT CEO, Sam Graham said he was delighted with the continued growth of AFL across the region.

“I’m really excited about the fantastic growth of AFL across our region in 2017, especially in our key segments of Auskick, Club and female football,” Graham said.

“Our growth in Club football is the highest of any state in Australia driven by skyrocketing participation in our youth girls and female competitions. It’s fantastic to now offer a complete pathway from NAB AFL Auskick right through to the elite AFLW competition for women.

“I’d like to thank our Leagues, Clubs, Volunteers, Coaches and Administrators for their commitment to fostering growth across the region this year in what was an outstanding result for the AFL further highlighting the popularity of our code at all levels of our game.”

AFL NSW/ACT continues to see rapid growth in the AFL 9s product with a 30% increase in participation in AFL’s official modified, non-contact version of AFL. The fun, fast, free-flowing football is played with nine players per side on a smaller ground.

NAB AFL Auskick growth remains steady with over 66,000 Auskickers taking the field this year, representing a 9.3% increase on 2016 with key markets such as Greater Western Sydney seeing double-digit growth in the AFL’s marquee kids participatory offering.

Overall participation in AFL competitions and programs nationwide grew to an impressive 1.55M participants across the country in 2017.

Key AFL NSW/ACT participation statistics for 2017:

· 8.2% growth in Club football in NSW/ACT – the highest growth rate in the country

· 78% growth in Female Club football participation

· 30.4% growth in AFL 9’s participation

· 7.3% overall participation growth to 254,812 participants (vs. 237,549 in 2016)

· 9.3% growth in NAB AFL Auskick

http://aflnswact.com.au/participation-numbers-2017/

Now even if you take out their propaganda AusKick figures they still kick arse all over the NRL.

It is a real, real concern for the future down the line, in a decade or two. If some of you Ostrich like posters can't see or acknowledge that then what's the point of even responding to defensive and abusive posters. I may as well be arguing with the Taliban.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Now in contrast -

The popularity of AFL in New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory continues to rise with AFL NSW/ACT today announcing Club participation grew 8.2%. This comes off the back of a phenomenal 78% increase in the number of female participants playing in registered Club football competitions across the state and territory.

Overall, participation in AFL competitions and programs across the region grew 7.3% in 2017 to over 250,000 participants. This makes the AFL community in New South Wales and the ACT, Australia’s third largest participation base in the country behind Victoria and Western Australia.

AFL NSW/ACT CEO, Sam Graham said he was delighted with the continued growth of AFL across the region.

“I’m really excited about the fantastic growth of AFL across our region in 2017, especially in our key segments of Auskick, Club and female football,” Graham said.

“Our growth in Club football is the highest of any state in Australia driven by skyrocketing participation in our youth girls and female competitions. It’s fantastic to now offer a complete pathway from NAB AFL Auskick right through to the elite AFLW competition for women.

“I’d like to thank our Leagues, Clubs, Volunteers, Coaches and Administrators for their commitment to fostering growth across the region this year in what was an outstanding result for the AFL further highlighting the popularity of our code at all levels of our game.”

AFL NSW/ACT continues to see rapid growth in the AFL 9s product with a 30% increase in participation in AFL’s official modified, non-contact version of AFL. The fun, fast, free-flowing football is played with nine players per side on a smaller ground.

NAB AFL Auskick growth remains steady with over 66,000 Auskickers taking the field this year, representing a 9.3% increase on 2016 with key markets such as Greater Western Sydney seeing double-digit growth in the AFL’s marquee kids participatory offering.

Overall participation in AFL competitions and programs nationwide grew to an impressive 1.55M participants across the country in 2017.

· 8.2% growth in Club football in NSW/ACT – the highest growth rate in the country

· 7.3% overall participation growth to 254,812 participants (vs. 237,549 in 2016)

Now even if you take out their propaganda AusKick figures they still kick arse all over the NRL.

It is a real, real concern for the future down the line, in a decade or two. If some of you Ostrich like posters can't see or acknowledge that then what's the point of even responding to defensive and abusive posters. I may as well be arguing with the Taliban.

from 2017 Annual report (sadly this year they didn't give registration numbers for every state like previous years or overall figures, pretty slack reporting imo.)

Nearly 800,000 registered and non-registered players played rugby league last year

Female participation increased 33% compared with last year, and the announcement of increased competitions across Australia now provides a clear pathway for females six years and older to play Rugby League, right through to the elite level

At the grassroots level, more than 66,376 women participated in events and gala days, including the biggest schoolgirl Rugby League tournament ever to be held in New South Wales.

NSW: The NSWRL recorded an increase in Junior League Participation with an impressive 63% year on year increase in female participation alone. A record-high 2,849 females played the game in 2017, up from 1,744 in 2016.

Qlnd: 60,857: QRL registered club players in 2017 » 4,646: Registered female club players, up 21%

CRL: Country Rugby League record a 3.5% increase in registered players in 2017. More than 9,000 female players registered to play rugby league in 2017 – an increase of more than 32%.

Vic: Total participation in Victoria grew by 2.2% in 2017 with more than 3,800 registered rugby league participants. Most of this is attributable to a 26.8% increase in female participation,

WA: The number of West Australians playing rugby league remained steady in 2017. The trend of positive growth for the women’s game continued, with an increase of more than 25% in the number of females playing the game, leading to more teams playing rugby league

SA: Rugby league participants in South Australia increased by 6.2% in 2017 to a total of 1052 and included an 11.6% rise in the number of male participants, the best of all the affiliated states

NT: Total participation in the Northern Territory grew by 4.6% to 2,540 in 2017, highlighted by a 29.8% increase in female participation.

Tas: ????

Touch - no mention at all in annual report, wtf?

https://www.nrl.com/siteassets/documents/nrl-annual-report-2017.pdf

j5o6hn

Juniors
Now in contrast -

Unfortunately the AFL has a reputation for dodgy figures they have been caught out a number of times making figures up
You talk about the Taliban the AFL suffers from that as well

taipan

Referee
yes your whinging voice in your head must be very annoying, it is to the rest of us.

LOL This coming from the master of well known negativity.
The day I get to your level of whining,I'll give up.I look for sunshine ,whilst you look for clouds.That's the difference champ.

Perth Red

Post Whore
LOL This coming from the master of well known negativity.
The day I get to your level of whining,I'll give up.I look for sunshine ,whilst you look for clouds.That's the difference champ.
nah, you just love to talk about me or AFL it would seem. I wonder what % of your posts mention one or other?

ps well done, a bad news story in the media that doesn't involve the Sharks, there's a rarity.

taipan

Referee
nah, you just love to talk about me or AFL it would seem. I wonder what % of your posts mention one or other?

ps well done, a bad news story in the media that doesn't involve the Sharks, there's a rarity.

I mention AFL when someone constantly does the usual PR spin about how wonderful it is.No spin,no response simple.You work out the %, it relates directly to your pro AFL anti NRL comments.You create the opportunity,not me.

The Sharks are too busy preparing for Saturday's semi.Let your hatred continue to roll.It's sad but expected..
Amazing how Sydney media hides nothing ,all out in the open.

TheRam

Coach
Is there really only 24 rugby league clubs across metropolitan and regional Victoria? Is that where all the players come from that play league in that State?

Boy 24 seems to be very small and overwhelmingly disappointing if that is the only presence RL has other the the NRL (Storm) team.

Latest posts