What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFLBC

Bump..

Has anyone else noticed the overwhelming ABC bias in its social media and online news / app toward AFL this year?

Yes it’s been that way for a while but this year it’s been off the charts..

for example - today

ABC web/App... 4 x AFL stories. 1 x NRL

This is quite the norm...

As for ABC sport socials... it’s quite obviously being run out of Melbourne ... which on its own isn’t an issue... but the overwhelming majority of sport is AFL content... which many league stories having errors in it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
When your sport is reaching the main 5 capital cities it is going to get more coverage from A national carrier.

When your sport covers 3 major cities (Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne), internationally (Auckland), and the next three regions after Perth and Adelaide in Hunter/Newcastle, Gold Coast / Tweed, Canberra/ACT as well as reach in to Wollongong, Townsville, Central Coast, Cairns, Sunshine Coast AND international reach with PNG and the Pacific...And we just played in Darwin, I think the argument NRL is overlooked by ABC is a fair comment.

greg

Juniors
When your sport covers 3 major cities (Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne), internationally (Auckland), and the next three regions after Perth and Adelaide in Hunter/Newcastle, Gold Coast / Tweed, Canberra/ACT as well as reach in to Wollongong, Townsville, Central Coast, Cairns, Sunshine Coast AND international reach with PNG and the Pacific...And we just played in Darwin, I think the argument NRL is overlooked by ABC is a fair comment.
Spot on. PR ( glass half empty) has me wondering if all WARL followers are as unlikeable as him. The negative comments on anything about Sydney or PVL is painful. I would like WA to get a team but the more PR posts his crap I feel less inclined to support it.

Perth Red

Post Whore

you clearly don’t understand how important the country views the 5 major capitol city metrics. Abc dont care about Auckland and probably don’t care too much more than that about country towns. There’s a reason there is such a focus on metro ratings for media.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Spot on. PR ( glass half empty) has me wondering if all WARL followers are as unlikeable as him. The negative comments on anything about Sydney or PVL is painful. I would like WA to get a team but the more PR posts his crap I feel less inclined to support it.

that’s ok we don’t need your support lol

roofromoz

First Grade
I like the sport, not love, but I will on occasion listen to a game on the ABC.

This is what shits me - if there is any other codes, such as NRL playing at the same time, won't hear a peep about live scores. Yet I will listen to a NRL call and there are regular AFL live scores. Maybe there is a deal between the AFL and ABC that no other code promotion is allowed.

mozza91

Coach

This is what shits me - if there is any other codes, such as NRL playing at the same time, won't hear a peep about live scores. Yet I will listen to a NRL call and there are regular AFL live scores. Maybe there is a deal between the AFL and ABC that no other code promotion is allowed.
Victoria is like North Korea. They’re brainwashed and think AFL is the only sport that exists.

Starkers

Bench

there is absolutely a pay to play in place with AFL-ABC. undoubtedly.

mongoose

Coach

just watch fox and there is plenty of AFL cross promotion. I wonder if you get the NRL cross promotion on the AFL channels? I wouldn't know as I have never switched over to the AFL....

i have seen AFL ads on this very website

just watch fox and there is plenty of AFL cross promotion. I wonder if you get the NRL cross promotion on the AFL channels? I wouldn't know as I have never switched over to the AFL....

i have seen AFL ads on this very website

Being in SA I've seen a lot of tv ads for NRL on pay tv channels (non-sports shows etc). During SOO there's heavy promotion on FTA / CH9 although 9 also has ads for the sunday games on the main channel (promoting games shown on gem).

As for AFL channels - I don't watch any but 9 do have AFL shows here (even without the rights) and so they might do.

And while not the sport itself, there's plenty of other ads with league players in them. The one that gets played deluxe is one for the goodfeet store starring the Chief - Paul Harragon. Ads play a lot on telly, he's got loads of posters at the stores and seen the odd billboard too.