What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After Origin- The Road Ahead

newman

First Grade
Considering how dominant and explosive Gal, Lewie and Fifita played last night against quality opposition; I would be extremely disappointed if these guys cant bring that form and confidence back to the Sharks side for the second half of the season. When you also factor in the superb club form of Todd the God, Wade Graham, Mick Gordon and the capable and solid support from the likes of Morris and Robson we should, as supporters, be expecting an extremely strong finish to the season.

With the ingredients for success seemingly in abundance anything less than going deep into the finals should be considered an immense failure.

Get it done Flanno. Thoughts?

DJShaksta

First Grade
Gal just needs to do what he does for NSW and AUS for the Sharks.
Stay in the middle 1/3 corridor and hit it up, look for the occasional offload but that's it.
Smash it up and let TC and the others run the backs.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Gal passed it a few times without heading into the defense first. Havent seen him do that for a while.

Gallen=God

Juniors
If Luke Lewis runs like he did last night against club level opposition he'll score 3 tries a game

newman

First Grade
Gal just needs to do what he does for NSW and AUS for the Sharks.
Stay in the middle 1/3 corridor and hit it up, look for the occasional offload but that's it.
Smash it up and let TC and the others run the backs.

Its a genuine problem isnt it? It's probably the greatest challenge for Flano as a coach.

I honestly think Gal's mentality is that he should be some kind of ball player at the Sharks. Anyone with any brains can see the best way to use him.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Gal getting suspended is the best thing that can happen for the Sharks.

Keep building momentum without him.

You merkins are coming along nicely.

f**k It!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
It is pretty obvious to me our team would be suited if Gallen played Prop and Graham lock.

How dangerous would Wade be roving the middle..............

Card Shark

Immortal
Gal getting suspended is the best thing that can happen for the Sharks.

Keep building momentum without him.

You may be right.

Taking on the Storm down there without him. Result / performance will be interesting.

Flanno must make the hard call if he wants his team to play in a grand final. If Gal, plays tight & quality over quantity, (& stay injury / asada free), we can make it.

Card Shark

Immortal
Its a genuine problem isnt it? It's probably the greatest challenge for Flano as a coach.

I honestly think Gal's mentality is that he should be some kind of ball player at the Sharks. Anyone with any brains can see the best way to use him.

Gal on the footy show - about to do the pass the ball contest.

Lets see how good a ball player he may be??

Card Shark

Immortal
306 points - new leader. Knocked off previous leader Greg Inglis, who had 293.

Very consistent pass from both sides. Maybe he is a ball player :)

Interestingly they mentioned he did the pass off last year & was 33rd on the list. He response "I'm a prop".

Perhaps it's finally sinking in. Lets hope he pick & chooses when to use that accurate pass but the rest of the time he's smashing it up the middle.

ratsack2

Juniors
He said something on the footyshow this morning that worried me a bit, he said he never watches a replay of the game, maybe he should and have someone point out what we see, thing is he over plays his hand, run some decoys etc etc then when he does run with the ball it wont be expected by the opposition and it might be more effective.
now all they have to do is see Gal get the ball they instantly don't have to worry about the outside backs cause he will go to ground with it