What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After the Game on Sunday

ktcoop

Juniors
Do the players come out after the game & are willing to talk to kids at all??? Got a couple of kids down for the weekend from QLD who are dying to watch Parra beat the Broncos??
Is there anyway for them to get a couple of autographs or pics??????

Eelementary

Post Whore
Don'tr hold me to this - but because it's the final regular season home match, I think the team may do a lap of honour of the ground...

ktcoop

Juniors
Thanx for that ... we'll probably hang around until we can get out of the car park I think.
Where do the players normally leave from?? I think the kids are determined to loiter outside the stadium for hours on end ..... :crazy:

we now need 2 win both our games if we r 2 get 3rd spot on the ladder since manly beat the dogs 2nite. all parra supporters at the game on sunday should yell and scream our lungs out 2 get the boys home. if we sing and chant im sure we will win on sunday.

Hellsy

Immortal
Eelementary said:
Don'tr hold me to this - but because it's the final regular season home match, I think the team may do a lap of honour of the ground...

Would have been nice if they did...... would have been nice if they did the Rookie of the Year award too... but what else can we expect from the club this year, the fans mean stuff all to them.
Moro was still the only player to acknowledge the crowd today who turned out in force and was majority Blue/Gold yelling and screaming for them to get home..... but the players all walked off the field like it was a usual game..

Hellsy

Immortal
Sure is.......
I'm shattered at what the fans have been shown this year... in my 29 years of supprting this club, I have never known the club to treat their fans in this way.
To be fair, Guru does alot of acknowledging as well, he just obviously wasnt there today.. and a few of the players put their hands up and clap to the Thornett stand, they juust forget that htere is a whole 3 other sides of the stadium that cheer just as hard as the KT stand :( :( :( :( :(

Hellsy

Immortal
Yeah pretty much..... really sad for our last home game.

Alot of clubs have done tributes to their leaving players, and a lap of honour and presented some awards.

We did nothing :( :( :( :( :(

Nikki

Coach
Newcaslte put the best show on last night for its departing players.. Our club (not the team) let us down big time on this issue... Spoke with Ovo after the game about the Rookie of the Year promo.. He actually thought he was presenting the award today, Dennis told him otherwise... And dont even get me started on that Damien Kelly... Told Ovo tonight that Damo couldnt organise a root in a brothel... Poor Ovo nearly had an asthma attack he was laughing so hard!!!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
We didn't even get to say goodbye to our Roy boy, he went off injured in our last home game :(

eeladdick

Juniors
i think it is totally disgusting,a lot of fans made the extra effort to be out there yesterday knowing it was the last home game of the season, the fans atleast deserved a lap of the stadium to wish them good luck as they head in to the semi's ,but no the club doe s f a .maybe we should bring this up at the next meeting because this is no way to treat the fans many of whom are long term season ticket holders that have been there all through the good and bad times,

Stagger eel

Staff member
eeladdick said:
i think it is totally disgusting,a lot of fans made the extra effort to be out there yesterday knowing it was the last home game of the season, the fans atleast deserved a lap of the stadium to wish them good luck as they head in to the semi's ,but no the club doe s f a .maybe we should bring this up at the next meeting because this is no way to treat the fans many of whom are long term season ticket holders that have been there all through the good and bad times,

we were reliably informed that it was the decision of the CEO not have an aftermatch presentation a decision which didn't go down well with many people...I'm also pretty pissed about it.

eeladdick

Juniors
eelavation said:
we were reliably informed that it was the decision of the CEO not have an aftermatch presentation a decision which didn't go down well with many people...I'm also pretty pissed about it.

i am fully aware that there was no after match function ,but why not let the players do a lap of the pitch,a lot of people would have loved to wish all the departing players farwell and good luck,i am not bagging the players cos there have excelled the expectations of all parra fans ,especially after such a poor start.

Stagger eel

Staff member
eeladdick said:
i am fully aware that there was no after match function ,but why not let the players do a lap of the pitch,a lot of people would have loved to wish all the departing players farwell and good luck,i am not bagging the players cos there have excelled the expectations of all parra fans ,especially after such a poor start.

that's actually what i meant sorry, ie: rookie of the year presentation lap of honour etc...

Hellsy

Immortal
Exactly, the players were disappointed.. I agree (although it still would have been nice of them to acknowledge the fans... something they haven't done an awful lot of this year win or loose)
It is the club and the lack of care in organising anything that pisses me off.

I have a friend who attended the Raiders big last home game on Sat nite and they apparently did a moving tribute to their departing players/coach, they had a chat with all of them on the field so they could say their goodbyes and thanks to the supporters and the club and as they did a lap of honour they had a video tribute on the big screen to them. They even gave Croker the bloody keys to the city :LOL: :LOL:
Now this team lost as well, but they still managed to do something.
And apparently the Storm team stayed on the field throughout all the speeches and Matt Elliot thanked them for their sign of respect for his players saying that most other teams would have walked off.
Plus they had an after match function as they do after EVERY HOME GAME

strider

Post Whore
Hellsy said:
Exactly, the players were disappointed.. I agree (although it still would have been nice of them to acknowledge the fans... something they haven't done an awful lot of this year win or loose)
It is the club and the lack of care in organising anything that pisses me off.

I have a friend who attended the Raiders big last home game on Sat nite and they apparently did a moving tribute to their departing players/coach, they had a chat with all of them on the field so they could say their goodbyes and thanks to the supporters and the club and as they did a lap of honour they had a video tribute on the big screen to them. They even gave Croker the bloody keys to the city :lol: :lol:
Now this team lost as well, but they still managed to do something.
And apparently the Storm team stayed on the field throughout all the speeches and Matt Elliot thanked them for their sign of respect for his players saying that most other teams would have walked off.
Plus they had an after match function as they do after EVERY HOME GAME

wow - thats bloody impressive (the storm i mean) - it'd be cold and I think just about every team would have headed to the rooms - very surprising

re: our team .... mmmm I guess they would have been upset by losing so convincingly .... *shrug* I dunno - it probably wouldn't have hurt em to hang around a while, it was at least a warm afternoon